Kirbyville Wildcats fan thread!

kville

I know that the coaches tell you boys not to read this junk and I know you do it any way. Dont think that because you have had a rough start to the season that you dont have everyone support. People say you are "down" this year, dont listen to that.  Yall still have all the talent needed to have a great season it will not come as easy as it has in the past but it's still there. You have shown a lot of heart and played every second of all four quarters. It's easy to get frustrated when you want to win but concentrate on the little things and big things will happen. Work hard this week and remember the Kirbyville faithfull will be there for you!

[quote name="purpleeagle" post="1048601" timestamp="1315071742"]
Kirbyville will be in the playoffs this year.  Good luck kats the rest of the way. This old Newton boy will be pulling for you.
[/quote]
I pull for Newton always ...except when they play us..lol
good luck in the dat tough dist. and watch out for buna...I just have a feeling..... ;)

[quote name="kville68" post="1048577" timestamp="1315069946"]
I know that the coaches tell you boys not to read this junk and I know you do it any way. Dont think that because you have had a rough start to the season that you dont have everyone support. People say you are "down" this year, dont listen to that.  Yall still have all the talent needed to have a great season it will not come as easy as it has in the past but it's still there. You have shown a lot of heart and played every second of all four quarters. It's easy to get frustrated when you want to win but concentrate on the little things and big things will happen. Work hard this week and remember the Kirbyville faithfull will be there for you!
[/quote]So I guess that listening to You is out of the question, because You are the one talking down Your team.  Or didn't You read Your own Post?

Guest Pirate_pride_07
Kirbyville will be a good team. Idk about making the playoffs but they will be a tough fighting team who doesn't give up cuz thats what they are. A tough fighting team. They will fight down to the wire and no matter what talent you have or how big your team is you never know what is gonna happen cuz its friday night texas high school football and you can't describe it no better than that. Keep your heads up Kville. I'm looking forward to seeing yall next week and looking for a great game. Good luck.

Kville won a fan in me last year.  Even though the Wildcats took us to the woodshed last year,  their kids, coaches, and fans showed a ton of class.  There was no show boating and lots of discipline by the kids on the field and lots of sportsmanship shown by the fans.  That doesn’t happen much anymore.  I look forward to the game Friday so we can welcome the wildcats to Croak Stadium.  Lets hope we show them the same hospitality they showed us last year.  Go Kats  (except for Friday of course)  ;)

[quote name="Newtonjb" post="1049075" timestamp="1315114716"]
[quote author=kville68 link=topic=87681.msg1048577#msg1048577 date=1315069946]
[/quote]So I guess that listening to You is out of the question, because You are the one talking down Your team.  Or didn't You read Your own Post?
[/quote]

The trouble with most of us is that we would rather be ruined by praise than saved by criticism.
Norman Vincent Peale

Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things.
Winston Churchill

May be you believe that to question something is the same as hating it. I love by wife dearly and unconditionaly but I promise you that if she hit herself in the head with a hammer 20 or 30 times friday night I would question her reasoning for it. I would never be so arrogant as to believe I see something that anyone else can not. I think that the young men on the team have earned the opportunity to reach their true potential.  I know they have the desire to perform better and that the coaches want to help them get there. There are more than a few opinions on what they should do. I believe nothing is more dangerous than someone that has nothing to loose and when this young wildcat team figures that out they will be hard to handle.  Thanks for your concerned opinion though.

i with 68....the boys need to hear both good and bad news...that will make hem stronger in the long run. After the 1st game i to was scared the boys had given up on themself, and had lost their heart. im glad it was pointed out that we the fans are still there and are waiting for them to return with their hearts ready to play..... I love my Wildcats and want them to remember to play for themselves, play because you love it, and play with your heart. God will do the rest. and win or lose you will still have a packed house! Because we all love you!!! Lets show everyone who thinks we cant do it, that we can and with Class!!! so no more laps on the field boys!!!!

First of all ... while I agree with some of the ideas posted .... I wholeheartedly support this coaching staff .... The decision to go ahead and bring up some of the JV players may mean lack of playing time right now, nothing is like experiencing football on varsity..... and I think that combining the rest of the JV with the freshmen can only serve us better down the line .... Our school and administration have faith in this coaching staff and that they are the ones to lead them ... Let them lead .... They are molding these young boys\men into a group that will be something to deal with down the road ... As a parent of athletes at this school, these young men are excited about what is there for all the sports, not just almighty football (and I love football) ... This group of young men are fighters ... They are learning on the fly and getting better ... They are the group who has braved the heat ... They are the ones who DID NOT QUIT on their teammates .... They are the ones who, no matter what others say continue to fight to get better.... They are the ones experiencing the losses on the field .... They are the ones who have to listen to this junk from some of the people in our community ..... I will not be negative about this group ... they have heard enough of that to last the whole year ...  Everybody has opinions .... Every is entitled to them ... But sometimes, just sometimes ... a positive thought, a good job, a THANK YOU .... would do wonders for them ....
To the TEAM ..... Continue to fight, get better, good things will come ... "Do not let current circumstances influence your thoughts and moods. By rising over them mentally, you will eventually rise over them materially and physically". A great quote from Ghandi.

[quote name="kville68" post="1049427" timestamp="1315171628"]
[quote author=Newtonjb link=topic=87681.msg1049075#msg1049075 date=1315114716]
[quote author=kville68 link=topic=87681.msg1048577#msg1048577 date=1315069946]
[/quote]

The trouble with most of us is that we would rather be ruined by praise than saved by criticism.
Norman Vincent Peale

Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things.
Winston Churchill

May be you believe that to question something is the same as hating it. I love by wife dearly and unconditionaly but I promise you that if she hit herself in the head with a hammer 20 or 30 times friday night I would question her reasoning for it. I would never be so arrogant as to believe I see something that anyone else can not. I think that the young men on the team have earned the opportunity to reach their true potential.  I know they have the desire to perform better and that the coaches want to help them get there. There are more than a few opinions on what they should do. I believe nothing is more dangerous than someone that has nothing to loose and when this young wildcat team figures that out they will be hard to handle.  Thanks for your concerned opinion though.
[/quote]
"Im sorry if i dont express myself in a way that pleases you. I will try to make myself more clear. First of all I dont think bringing Alverez back would change a thing. Neece is doing what he thinks is best with what he's got. My comment about the off tackle plays was just frustrated sarcasim but the truth is it is reflective of what most fans in the stands are saying. If your O line is small and inexperienced why are you going to run the ball 90 % of the time right at them? I am not saying Haywood, Smith and Jacko dont have speed and talent, as a matter of fact I am saying just the opposite. They have to play with what they've got (which is not bad) and be smart about it. How can anyone agree that we should do the same thing over and over and if it gets a player hurt, fine. If it looks like crap, fine. If we loose 5 yards every play, great. We like running up the middle so no matter how embarrasing it gets keep it up. We are a running team no doubt but if we are succsessfull rolling the ball into the endzone with a wooden spoon I say we should go with that until the compitition catches on. The very deffinition of insanity is do do the same thing over and over and expect a different result.  My second point is,  if anyone can make the argument that Kirbyville has not leaned hard on a few talented players and failed to develop some younger guys with true potential I would be interested in hearing it. For instance, right now you have a JV squad that has been picked so clean of talent they can barely get a snap off. Some of the young talented players could make a real difference. But they are bumped up to varsity where they get little or no playing time. In most programs the JV squad is used to give them time and experience to develop. Some young men with a love of the game and the tools to make it will not be playing next year because they feel they are being left out to dry. The players and parents all see it. How would you feel if you were on a team and ANY chance that you have even make an honest effort at a win is pulled out from under you? Of course the problem in this senerio is numbers. Kirbyville has a lack of players not a lack of talent and of course some times sacrafices have to be made but dont act like there is not a price to be paid for it. I as a more than casual observer and fan do give the new coaches credit for trying to pass the ball and for holding the boys responsible for whatever it was that earned them a lap durring the game last night. Some people were upset about the penalty on the coach but I feel if he is fired up about something, he shows passion and he feels its that important, more power to him. Barrbay and Hooks made a carreer out of standing up for their players. I have every confidence that Neece will be "motivating" the team this week and you can bet adjustments will be made. My only hope is for the sake of the players that are giving it their all that more is expected of everyone involved. If a whole team of young men and a few more coaches showed the heart #33 does every play we would be hard to beat. Attitude reflects leadership."  Kville68 ...............                                                                                        Your Quote is the one that contains the derogatory words that You feel amount to a show of criticism. Most people don't suggest that the Coaches need to get Heart or Leadership lessons from one of their players; likewise the description of the teams play as Embarrassing is more the just a constructive criticism. Why don't You let the Coaching Staff take care of the criticing the play of their players.and You stick to cheering from the stands.                Have A Nice Day                                                                                                               

Just to put my 2 cents in.
In defense of the coaching staff you can count on one hand how many coaches are still there that were last year the rest is all new. Also Neece is following argueably the best coach Kirbyville has ever had in Alvarez and eventually Neece will be just as good. Kirbyville was left with one of the toughest preseason schedules in the state considering the way they beat everyone last year. In my statement to the players I would like to thank them for keeping there heads up and playing 4 quarters no matter what. Because as wildcat in pink said we will be there to support you we are not giving up on you guys. You guys continue you to give 100% and it will pay off good luck to you guys on the rest of the season.
And Go Wildcats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Coaches and the Players that are the Wildcats show the Heart and Desire that makes them Winners. A very Small Number of Their Fans Spout poorly thought out Dribble that is far beyond being mere criticism and then instead of apoligizing for their Mean Spirited Posts and post new Posts in order to play the CYA game. Kirbyville Wildcats Coaches and Players Deserve Better and Frankly Have Earned Better from all Their Supporters. My beef has never been with Wildcat Coaches or Players; it is with that .000001% of the Cat Fan Posers. Sorry that I come off Looking Badly in this squabble, but kville68 ticked Me off with His " No Matter How Embarrassing It Gets " comment about a team that is trying to find it's stride. 68 is supposed to be an adult........and should be able to censor his thoughts before sitting down in front of a keyboard. and Embarrassing Himself. 

[quote name="Newtonjb" post="1050256" timestamp="1315274756"]
The Coaches and the Players that are the Wildcats show the Heart and Desire that makes them Winners. A very Small Number of Their Fans Spout poorly thought out Dribble that is far beyond being mere criticism and then instead of apoligizing for their Mean Spirited Posts and post new Posts in order to play the CYA game. Kirbyville Wildcats Coaches and Players Deserve Better and Frankly Have Earned Better from all Their Supporters. My beef has never been with Wildcat Coaches or Players; it is with that .000001% of the Cat Fan Posers. Sorry that I come off Looking Badly in this squabble, but kville68 ticked Me off with His " No Matter How Embarrassing It Gets " comment about a team that is trying to find it's stride. 68 is supposed to be an adult........and should be able to censor his thoughts before sitting down in front of a keyboard. and Embarrassing Himself.
[/quote]  wow  .0000001% is a pretty small percent.  I hope I made the cut.  ;D ;D

[quote name="Newtonjb" post="1050256" timestamp="1315274756"]
[/quote]

Every town has a select few of those fans and true Wildcat fans have been fighting that battle for several years on this site.  Trust me I have gone blue in the face defending the team at times and it still happens.  All in all, great post!  I agree 100% on all of it. ;)

Every school has this kind of a problem with fans,You can do one or two things argue with them and bring yourself down to their level of ignorance or just let them roar and turn your head the other way,Even a stupid person recognizes silence and will always add "don't you think"..Even tho they have soap-boxed you to death,they still can recognize failure and will move on to another victim till they eventually find someone who is as ignorant as they are to agree with them..They are not a rare species they can exist anywhere... ;D

[quote name="Lefty99" post="1050679" timestamp="1315331878"]
[quote author=Newtonjb link=topic=87681.msg1050256#msg1050256 date=1315274756]
[/quote]

Every town has a select few of those fans and true Wildcat fans have been fighting that battle for several years on this site.  Trust me I have gone blue in the face defending the team at times and it still happens.  All in all, great post!  I agree 100% on all of it. ;)
[/quote]

Could not AGREE more!!!!  Good luck Wildcats and i hope you guys have a great season....

[quote name="rykerx144" post="1050651" timestamp="1315330555"]
[/quote]  wow  .0000001% is a pretty small percent.  I hope I made the cut.  ;D ;D
[/quote] You're Good to go.

[quote name="tjcfan08" post="1050711" timestamp="1315333727"]
[quote author=Lefty99 link=topic=87681.msg1050679#msg1050679 date=1315331878]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Could not AGREE more!!!!  Good luck Wildcats and i hope you guys have a great season....
[/quote]ditto good luck to kirbyville the cats will be fine

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder