Its WIDE Open for Silsbee...

jdawg03

Guest Football

Now that Gilmer is gone' date=' there's no clear cut favorite in Division 1...I like Silsbee's chances...If the Tigers play to their potential, they'll win state...thats my opinion[/quote']

The ball's gotta bounce their way! They'll need a good run with less turnovers than they had during the season. In 3A anything's possible, they compare favorably to Hutto from last year....

I saw a different side of Silsbee tonight. They were EXPLOSIVE!!!

Normally they eat up the clock and just wear down their opponent.

They were put to the test by a determined defense and came up with some huge plays to stay ahead.

Unbelievable plays for huge yardage and touchdowns!!! If they can keep this in their arsenal along with the ground chewing running game then

Silsbee will be a force to reckon with.

Focus now Tigers. You know you can win if you play mistake free ball.

Focus and challenge yourself. Too many false starts tonight.

Go tigers!!!

lets not get ahead of ourselves, I would size silsbee for their rings just yet. You still have to compete with some good teams, I am not sure if the tigers can get past columbia this week, but I am sure the road also goes through palestine, who owns Silsbee, but keep thinking positive

Guest GoStangs

The problem with Gilmer being out is that the team that beat them is still in...

I'd love to see Silsbee win it all, though, and I'm pulling for them to take the championship. Best of luck, Tigers!

The problem with Gilmer being out is that the team that beat them is still in...

I'd love to see Silsbee win it all' date=' though, and I'm pulling for them to take the championship. Best of luck, Tigers![/quote']

Exactly! I'm pulling for Silsbee too all the way but both Abilene Wylie and Liberty-Eylau are in that top half of the bracket, they both just knocked off 10-0 teams last night and are going to be tough to beat.

Does no one remember what the preseason AP State Rankings looked like? It wasn't a huge surprise to me that Eylau beat Gilmer as they had been touted as one of the contenders early on until they lost in back-to-back weeks predistrict to Wimberley and then 4A Mount Pleasant. They've been flying under the radar ever since.

Preseason AP Poll from September 2006

CLASS 3A

Rank, Team Rec Pts Pvs

1. Cuero (12) 13-1 191 1

2. Gilmer (7) 10-2 160 —

3. West Orange-Stark 13-1 135 2

4. Texarkana Liberty-Eylau 10-3 106 —

5. Cameron Yoe 13-1 97 3

6. Wimberley (1) 15-0 96 5

7. Giddings 10-3 85 —

8. Hutto 13-3 42 —

9. Palestine 8-3 38 —

10. Celina 16-0 28 1 (Last year's final ranking in 2A)

Also receiving votes: Sweetwater 27, Carthage 26, Bellville 20, Abilene Wylie 15, Dallas Madison 11, Snyder 6, Van 4, Medina Valley 3, Canton 3, Jasper 2, Gainesville 2, Kennedale 1, Rusk 1, Canyon 1.

Guest Stack Backer

Another tough game for the tigers this week. West Columbia has athletes similar to Silsbee's, especially their running back (Flannel) 40 - 267 YDs- 2 TDs against Belville. Should be a great game.

We may have come home with broken hearts, but we don't have our tails between our legs. We walk tall with our heads held high showing the TIGER PRIDE that got us this far. Our boys played great. The Columbia boys did a great job and it was an exciting game from both sides of the bleachers. This year may be over, but we will be behind the Tiger football team next year cheering our heads off through every game. See you on the hardwood.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83