WOS vs. Giddings Predictions?

KFDM COOP

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All three of the leading experts (Dave Campbell, Carl Padilla and Jake Shaw) in the state predict that Giddings will win. These guys can not possibly have it right when Giddings is only a running team. Granted they are a powerful running team, however it seams easily enough for the Stangs to stack the box and stop them. Does anybody have the details of last year’s game? What makes Giddings so much better this year?

All three of the leading experts (Dave Campbell' date=' Carl Padilla and Jake Shaw) in the state predict that Giddings will win. These guys can not possibly have it right when Giddings is only a running team. Granted they are a powerful running team, however it seams easily enough for the Stangs to stack the box and stop them. Does anybody have the details of last year’s game? What makes Giddings so much better this year?[/quote']

All three of them picked Gilmer to win a state title and that's not gonna happen....

Last year's game was pretty much WOS scoring pretty easily on the Giddings defense. Giddings had one long drive (17 plays, 90 yards), one long rung run by Fitzhenry (60 yards) and a cheap TD at the end when it was 42-14. Giddings in no way could handle the speed of WOS in that game. I don't know what they have improved on that much other than the QB is now a junior. WOS seems to be a lot better on defense than last year. I know they are faster on offense. I believe Koop is right about Giddings being too one demintional. If WOS doesn't turn the ball over they should win the game. I'll say WOS wins 42-21 same as last year.

I spoke to a friend this morning in East Texas and sure is quiet this morning. Gilmer and Whitehouse have not be the easiest folks to live with this year. When Gilmer got thier Qb last year they have had the volume turned up pretty loud. Good luck Wos and hope you win out.

Guest GoStangs

Excellent point, 87. :)

Here's last year's box score from The Beaumont Enterprise

WEST ORANGE-STARK 42, GIDDINGS 21

1st Quarter 2nd Quarter 3rd Quarter 4th Quarter Final

Giddings 0 7 14 0 21

West Orange-Stark 7 14 7 14 42

Game Statistics

Giddings West Orange-Stark

First Downs 12 18

Rushes-Yards 50-296 41-303

Comp-Att-Int 0-4-1 6-10-1

Passing yards 0 86

Punts-avg. 1-26.0 0-0.0

Fumbles-lost 2-2 3-0

Penalties-yards 7-65 3-35

Scoring Summary

WOS-Earl Thomas 4 run (Cristobal Bernal kick) 6:42, 1st

WOS-Jacoby Franks 6 pass from Kenneth Beasley (Cristobal Bernal kick) 1:55, 2nd

GID-Brock Fitzhenry 1 run (Zack Marlow kick) 3:52, 2nd

WOS-LaDarius White 9 pass from Kenneth Beasley (Cristobal Bernal kick) :43, 2nd

GID-Devane Jarmon 4 run (Zack Marlow kick) 8:02, 3rd

WOS-Earl Thomas 4 pass from Kenneth Beasley (Cristobal Bernal kick) 6:06, 3rd

GID-Brock Fitzhenry 60 run (Zack Marlow kick) 4:41, 3rd

WOS-Kenneth Beasley 8 run (Cristobal Bernal kick) 11:16, 4th

WOS-Kenneth Beasley 7 run (Cristobal Bernal kick) 7:19, 4th

Leading Rushers

GID Brock Fitzhenry 18-162 , 2 TD

GID Devane Jarmon 19-72 , 1 TD

WOS Kenneth Beasley 23-179 , 2 TD

WOS Earl Thomas 13-111 , 1 TD

Leading Passers

GID Brock Fitzhenry 0-4-1, 0 Yards

WOS Kenneth Beasley 6-10-1, 86 Yards , 3 TD

Leading Receivers

WOS Earl Thomas 1-41 , 1 TD

WOS LaDarius White 3-30 , 1 TD

WOS Jacoby Franks 2-15 , 1 TD

Interceptions

GID Brandon Johnson 1

WOS Earl Thomas 3

Last year going in to that game WOS hadn't seen that offense all year. They have played two teams this that run that style of offense, Silsbee and Kirbyville, granted the competition will be stepped up, but at leat they have seen the veer and that should help them this year. If they can limit Fitzhenry to a minimum of big plays they should be alright.

I apologize for the post in advance... lots of numbers I know but just a few comparisons other than just pure points scored...

Giddings

Team Stats for the season so far 2006

The totals are for 11 games combined including last night

Total Passing Yards after 11 games - 234

Total Rushing Yards after 11 games - 4764

Total Points Scored - 473 (451 after 11 games 2005) Game Avg. 43.00

Total Points Allowed - 137 (151 after 11 games 2005) Game Avg. 12.45

WOS

Total Passing Yards after 11 games - 1971

Total Rushing Yards after 11 games - 2268

Total Points Scored - 445 (420 after 11 games 2005)

Total Points Allowed - 83 (180 after 11 games 2005)

So far in 2006 Giddings has given 4 out of their 11 opponents their worst loss of the season compared to WOS giving 8 out of their 11 opponents their worst loss of the season and in two or three cases the worst loss in decades.

Looking at teams that had larger margins of victory over common opponents:

In the 3 games which were not the biggest loss of the season for WOS' opponent, the only 3A team to have a better showing against a common opponent with WOS was Cuero against Bay City.

WO-S

Beat LCM by 21 (2nd biggest loss) - largest loss was to 4A Dayton by 35

Beat Silsbee by 7 (2nd biggest loss) - largest loss was to 4A PNG by 18

Beat Bay City by 8 (8th biggest loss) - had worse losses to five 4A teams (Brenham, Lamar Consolidated, El Campo, Waller, Terry), Private school Houston St. Pius, and 3A Cuero (by 22)

There are 7 instances in which another 3A team performed better than Giddings against a common opponent

Giddings

Giddings beat Hutto by 15 (3rd worst loss) - Liberty Hill beat Hutto by 26 and Robinson beat Hutto by 22

Giddings beat La Grange by 8 (3rd worst loss) - Bellville beat La Grange by 28 and Sweeny beat La Grange by 24

Giddings beat Caldwell by 11 (3rd worst loss) - Robinson beat Caldwell by 12 and Hutto beat Caldwell by 21

Giddings beat Bellville by 7 (3rd worst loss) - West Columbia beat Bellville by 20

Giddings had 4 regular season opponents that qualified for the playoffs but only 1 won their bi-district game

(ranked by statewide Massey ranking)

10-1 Wimberley (ranked 62nd statewide before winning in Rd 1)

7-3 Hutto (ranked 119th statewide before losing in Rd 1)

8-3 Bellville (ranked 137th statewide before losing in Rd 1)

8-3 La Grange (241st before losing in Rd 1)

WOS had 3 opponents that qualified and all 3 won their bi-district game

9-2 Dayton (65th before winning yesterday)

9-2 Silsbee (216th before winning)

8-3 Kirbyville (316th before winning)

I think so to. Giddings is to one Dimensial (spelling)

Silsbee is mostly a running team, they gave the Mustangs all that they could handle. I always said that a strong power running game that would eat up the clock while scoring is the way to beat WOS. They seem to have problems with these type teams. With the lack of depth the Mustangs have, I think a team could wear down the defense late in a game and have a chance to win. Is Giddings that team? That remains to be seen.

I said all that to say this: WOS wins by 2 touchdowns, 35-21.

Go Mustangs!! Let's bring some state titles back to district 21-3A.

Silsbee is mostly a running team' date=' they gave the Mustangs all that they could handle. I always said that a strong power running game that would eat up the clock while scoring is the way to beat WOS. They seem to have problems with these type teams. With the lack of depth the Mustangs have, I think a team could wear down the defense late in a game and have a chance to win. Is Giddings that team? That remains to be seen.

I said all that to say this: WOS wins by 2 touchdowns, 35-21.

Go Mustangs!! Let's bring some state titles back to district 21-3A.[/quote']

I disagree with using ball control to beat us. We score so quickly, it can actualy hurt the team using this method. To beat us, you have to score with us and probably score 50 or more points.

With that said, I do agree with one of your statements.........lets bring the DI and DII titles back to SETX!!!!!!!!

GO get 'em Silsbee!!

Oh my gosh the Stangs are coming to town next Friday right here in my own backyard. I thought that we had a BB game @ Atascocita but that's next week. I was also going to watch Texas High and Highland Park but not now. You guys will be coming through Huffman so if you wish to get a bite before the game let me know. Does it get any better than this? NOT

Oh my gosh the Stangs are coming to town next Friday right here in my own backyard. I thought that we had a BB game @ Atascocita but that is next week. I was also going to watch Texas High and Highland Park but not now. You guys will be coming through Huffman so if you wish to get a bite before the game let me know. Does it get any better than this? NOT

Cool J-Ham, I think we should grab a bite. I know GS, Heb, and Gasilla will be down. pm me.

Cool J-Ham' date=' I think we should grab a bite. I know GS, Heb, and Gasilla will be down. pm me.[/quote']

Fine by me Bro and just let me know what you guys wish to eat and I will reserve a room at a local Rest. There is a pretty good place in Atascocita Big Tin Barn that has some good BBQ if that’s ok. Let me know bc the wife will be out shopping :shock: and can make a day of it. Man I am STOKED to have the Stangs and my friends coming to town. :lol::lol:

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder