Nederland @ Goose Creek predictions

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="oldollie" post="1044055" timestamp="1314642705"]
Dayton needs to move back to 20-4a! They are too good to play in a district whose playoff projected teams get run out by 20-4a teams picked to finish at the lower end of the district!! ;D ;)
[/quote]

Can we join too?  20-4A seems like a fun/competitive district!  ;D

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="1044057" timestamp="1314642985"]
[quote author=oldollie link=topic=87335.msg1044055#msg1044055 date=1314642705]
Dayton needs to move back to 20-4a! They are too good to play in a district whose playoff projected teams get run out by 20-4a teams picked to finish at the lower end of the district!! ;D ;)
[/quote]

[/quote]When we were in there, we loved it. Great fan support for all teams we played, win or lose. Very competitive in that district. Maybe soon, we can get back in there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Up to U.I.L. though!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote name="oldollie" post="1043663" timestamp="1314586199"]
The LCM game was 26-7 with 6 seconds left in the game. LCM started a QB with no varsity experience and played another with about 5 plays worth of varsity experience. GCM has some athletes, but if Ned with a game already under its belt doesn't win big, it would surprise me. GCM has some speed, but not overall WOS speed. GCM cracked a few big plays that was about 90% of their total. Scored the first drive and with 6 seconds left in the game.
[/quote]

If GCM does not change their philosphy on players and using what is working, they will not even be close in this one. If the other little RB, #28 for GCM, would have played most or all of the LCM game, it would have been very close. He had 7 carries for 131 yards, I believe. Why did he not play most of the game? Sezar was very impressive and as advertised, but the GCM kid was equally as impressive. Any LCM fans agree? LCM did not posess the speed GCM has at almost every other position, but they did have it where it counted.
You fail to mention the punt return for a TD that GCM had called back because of a block in the back way behind the play. The other punt return that almost went for 6 deep into LCM territory that became nothing because of penalties. GCM drove inside the 10 again to get penalized for holding on 2nd down to make it impossible to overcome. Not questioning the calls but everytime GCM had something good happen we seem to be penalized for something. GCM missed a FG later in the game as well. This game should have been much closer and any fan there knows it. GCM will get blown out against Nederland if we have these mistakes. 3rd and a mile and GCM player decides to clobbar a LCM kid after the play and LCM would have punted. 19-7 became 26-7 a few minutes after. No discipline whatsoever!

The News stated Brett was having tests ran in Houston so he will most likely be out until 100% symptom free, which is good for his recovery.  Hopefully he will be back for start of district.  Korey Hopkins and Trent Fontenot listed as having MRI's done this week on their knees.  I thought Trent had an arm sling on after halftime?

[quote name="oldollie" post="1044746" timestamp="1314717845"]
Remember I saw GCM play!! ;) And I have seen WOS. That 3a preseason ranked team would beat GCM!!! ;D
[/quote]
If GCM would adapt to expose and take advantage of the opponent's weakness, they will compete each week. LCM did not have the team speed of GCM. We chose to run out of the "I" formation, even when down two scores. LCM is very well coached, thus disciplined, but we exposed them and went back to a power game that fell right into LCM's strength.

Nederland will just do what they do this Friday night. How will GCM play to make this a game? GCM might have a few big plays but if we cannot react to what they are doing both offensively and defensively, it will be a long night. Good luck to both teams!

I agree LCM was the better coached team and the better conditioned team. GCM has some speed, but I don't think GCM exposed anything. LCM didn't have to make any adjustments to counter something GCM didn't use. If GCM had done something different we would have seen LCM adjust.

[quote name="oldollie" post="1044323" timestamp="1314664749"]
Lcm had a td called back too. I thought what hurt GCM was a lack of conditioning. By half they were pretty much done. I did like the kid cbear talked about. But coaches see a kid all week and I don't assume to know why he didn't play more.
[/quote]
This kid sat most of last year and only played the 4th qtr against LCM last season as he had a hamstring injury, I believe. Broke about a 65 yard TD on a few carries in that game. Had an 88 yard dash against Nederland the next week but did not play much the rest of the season. May have something to do with tendency to fumble but I do not pretend to know why he does not play. The other kid is a good RB as well but more of a power runner. He used to start at LB but was moved last season.
As far as conditioning, I know it is humid everywhere but it always seems to be more humid over in the Golden Triangle area. this may have got to them but IMO they are much more conditioned than this time last season.

I know you could care less but I am venting here. Have a great season and I hope to be able to talk some smack later in the year.

[quote name="oldollie" post="1044830" timestamp="1314723676"]
I agree LCM was the better coached team and the better conditioned team. GCM has some speed, but I don't think GCM exposed anything. LCM didn't have to make any adjustments to counter something GCM didn't use. If GCM had done something different we would have seen LCM adjust.
[/quote]

Probably right. We did not show anything different and I know Crouch would make an adjustment. We do have kids who can make something happen out of nothing, if given an opportunity. You have to give a kid enough touches to make something happen. I would love to coach against us at this point.

Guest Pirate_pride_07
[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="1044057" timestamp="1314642985"]
[quote author=oldollie link=topic=87335.msg1044055#msg1044055 date=1314642705]
[/quote]

[/quote]
Yeah but who we gonna kick out in order for you to join? Because you asking to join you have to choose who we move lol.  ::)  ;D  :D

[quote name="UHCoog44" post="1044704" timestamp="1314715172"]
You people are crazy! 

Beat a  preseason ranked 3a  team and you lose touch with reality.

GCM by 3.
[/quote]

I think you might of lost your grip on reality!?! 
I can understand if your a GCM fan but come on!
  Its gonna be just like last year all over again.......another DOGS victory!!!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    NEWton86
    Newest Member
    NEWton86