Coldspring vs. Kirbyville Game Thread/Coldspring wins!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Cat's were in a fight tonight for sure. There were a few positive points.
1. They never gave up. CS was biger and faster but the Cat's kept pushing.
2. Despite the score it could have been MUCH worse. The D showed some fire and made some big plays.
3. The Cats did not run the same old up the middle junk. They threw everything but the kitchen sink at a very tough CS defense.
4. I can not see us playing a team any more physical than CS. They have a lot of talent and a huge line.
Negatives were simple. NO BLOCKING, none, not even a little. We have no idea what we can do on offense. The qb and the backs never got the slightest chance to get a play off. I know they were frustrated. We made a few pass plays but they were nt exactally shot out of a cannon.
The Cats did what they could against a good team. They never gave up. No shame in that. I hope all the banged up players are ok. Were proud of you!

[quote name="j_dog" post="1041901" timestamp="1314411205"]
[quote author=Kvillecats link=topic=87244.msg1041888#msg1041888 date=1314410926]
Kirbyville is definely down
[/quote]
maybe not.  Coldspring is definitely good! and Gilbert is possibly the faster rb in texas.
[/quote]

Coldspring is ok, but we know Kirbyville is not the same right now.

:([quote name="Kvillecats" post="1042326" timestamp="1314420789"]
[quote author=j_dog link=topic=87244.msg1041901#msg1041901 date=1314411205]
[quote author=Kvillecats link=topic=87244.msg1041888#msg1041888 date=1314410926]
[/quote]
maybe not.  Coldspring is definitely good! and Gilbert is possibly the faster rb in texas.
[/quote]

[/quote]Coldspring is Ok? They outscored the Cats by 43 points.....come on Kvillecats how bad do they have to beat ya'll by to get a good out of you? After all the Cats are the Two Time 2A State Contenders ..... Right? Sorry I couldn't help Myself. I don't usually kick a Cat when it's down.

Was somewhat surprised the score was so lopsided...Thought it might not be close but didn't see a 40pt win...The strange thing is that the score could've been much worse....Kirbyville had negative yardage until they scored on the TD pass...Still not sure if they finished with positive yards or not....They probably did with that one drive...They've got some work ahead of them to get back to where they were the last few years...

Good luck to Kirbyville the rest of the season...

[quote name="Newtonjb" post="1042357" timestamp="1314423369"]
:([quote author=Kvillecats link=topic=87244.msg1042326#msg1042326 date=1314420789]
[quote author=j_dog link=topic=87244.msg1041901#msg1041901 date=1314411205]
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]Coldspring is Ok? They outscored the Cats by 43 points.....come on Kvillecats how bad do they have to beat ya'll by to get a good out of you? After all the Cats are the Two Time 2A State Contenders ..... Right? Sorry I couldn't help Myself. I don't usually kick a Cat when it's down.
[/quote]

Keep on trying Wildcat's That's all a Mule will do....Don't worry about opinions of others after all opinions are like another part of the anatomy,everybody has one. Congrats to Coldspring and good luck on your season.....

Coldspring is OK? COME ON MAN! Kville wouldn't have even scored if our little sophomore corner hadn't have gotten caught looking inside, you should be thanking Barbay for having a heart and not running the score up or it woulda been closer to the 100 point victory  that somebody else predicted, give your kids credit, they did all they could do, but don't talk down on us like we are just OK, we're pretty dang good, and like Kville we will get better too, best of luck on the rest of the season.

[quote name="Trojanfan" post="1042758" timestamp="1314480382"]
Coldspring is OK? COME ON MAN! Kville wouldn't have even scored if our little sophomore corner hadn't have gotten caught looking inside, you should be thanking Barbay for having a heart and not running the score up or it woulda been closer to the 100 point victory  that somebody else predicted, give your kids credit, they did all they could do, but don't talk down on us like we are just OK, we're pretty dang good, and like Kville we will get better too, best of luck on the rest of the season.
[/quote]

I give credit to Coldspring. Yall are good but we are way down or else it would have been a close game just like the previous game. We have nothing but Sophmores every where too and even freshmans playing as well. Good luck on the Trojans im looking to see how far yall go. Like i said its been a Very long time since Kirbyville has been beaten this bad. Coldspring has a good player in Sherman Gilbert, but i wonder if he run into a team that keys on him well what Coach Barbay gonna do then. I think yall gonna have to rely on the defense to keep up.

[/quote]
Trojanfan u just made the point that kvillekats was talking about. You said your sophomore corner made a mistake. It happens with young players. Kirbyville is full of young players. If our young line would have blocked we would have done better. If we would have kept our heads in our last game that we played in the playoffs we would have won. All this talk of kville being way down and coldspring way up is pointless. We can all say what if on every play. The bottom line is Coldspring is a better team this year period. Kirbyville has a lot of work to do. End of debate.

[quote name="Kvillecats" post="1042760" timestamp="1314481080"]
[quote author=Trojanfan link=topic=87244.msg1042758#msg1042758 date=1314480382]
[/quote]

I give credit to Coldspring. Yall are good but we are way down or else it would have been a close game just like the previous game. We have nothing but Sophmores every where too and even freshmans playing as well. Good luck on the Trojans im looking to see how far yall go. Like i said its been a Very long time since Kirbyville has been beaten this bad. Coldspring has a good player in Sherman Gilbert, but i wonder if he run into a team that keys on him well what Coach Barbay gonna do then. I think yall gonna have to rely on the defense to keep up.
[/quote]
As if Gilbert has never been keyed on?  CS has more than one way to get the ball to Gilbert.  And in an open field, watch out.  His speed is on a whole other plane.

[quote name="K-Kat12" post="1042786" timestamp="1314484744"]
[quote author=Trojanfan link=topic=87244.msg1042758#msg1042758 date=1314
Trojanfan u just made the point that kvillekats was talking about. You said your sophomore corner made a mistake. It happens with young players. Kirbyville is full of young players. If our young line would have blocked we would have done better. If we would have kept our heads in our last game that we played in the playoffs we would have won. All this talk of kville being way down and coldspring way up is pointless. We can all say what if on every play. The bottom line is Coldspring is a better team this year period. Kirbyville has a lot of work to do. End of debate.
[/quote]

You've got more ifs than East Texas has pine trees. IF you score the most, you win. Don't try to spin out of that fact. That's the only fact that is remembered.

[quote name="Backwoods" post="1042813" timestamp="1314489027"]
[quote author=K-Kat12 link=topic=87244.msg1042786#msg1042786 date=1314484744]
[quote author=Trojanfan link=topic=87244.msg1042758#msg1042758 date=1314
Trojanfan u just made the point that kvillekats was talking about. You said your sophomore corner made a mistake. It happens with young players. Kirbyville is full of young players. If our young line would have blocked we would have done better. If we would have kept our heads in our last game that we played in the playoffs we would have won. All this talk of kville being way down and coldspring way up is pointless. We can all say what if on every
play. The bottom line is Coldspring is a better team this year period. Kirbyville has a lot of
work to do. End of debate.
[/quote]
You've got more ifs than East Texas has pine trees. IF you score the most, you win. Don't try to spin out of that fact. That's the only fact that is remembered.
[/quote]
Backwoods I think u missed my point. I was being sarcastic which is why I said we can what if every play. Regardless of the age or experience of our players the bottom line is that Coldspring is a much better team than we are. The score could have been 80-0.

[/quote]Nobody from Kirbyville was talking down to Coldspirings ... If that's all it takes to get ya going man ... Good Golly .... Go ahead ... beat your chest .... Coldsprings played great .... Barbay is a great coach .... Gilbert is a great runner ... reminded me of another guy wearing number 1  and red and black .... Happy ??? ... As a fan of Kirbyville though .... I am proud of that group of young men .... They stuck with THIER Team, didn't quit...they got up and kept fighting ...you can't ask anymore of any group of young men ... A great quote from Theodore Roosevelt is "It is not the true measure of a MAN that he can stand victorious over another and yell to the world, but the bigger MAN is the one who gets up from being knocked down to fight again".

[quote]As if Gilbert has never been keyed on?  CS has more than one way to get the ball to Gilbert.  And in an open field, watch out.  His speed is on a whole other plane.
[/quote]

And they also have other really good backs....Gilbert is really, really good but Coldspring isn't just Gilbert...

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder