High Island vs. Woodlands Chr. Game Thread/Woodlands Christian wins

Being from Evadale, I have enjoyed our batttles with the Cardinals over the years, but it might be time for the administration in High Island to consider moving to 6 man like Chester. It is not fair to the kids playing to be out matched numbers wise even against 1A schools.

Injuries happen and with the numbers that are being thrown around of 14 or 15 players for the Cardinals it will take some very healthy young men to play out the full season. This is a realignment year and if it were to happen this year (move to 6 man) then all the other teams that would be effected by what High Island does could make the changes they need to do to schedule a full 10 game schedule.

I am not bashing High Island in the least, just the opposite, kids deserve a chance to the competitive in their sports and sending too few out to fulfill a season on the 11 man field just seems like it is asking them to go into a contest with very little hope of success.

Now is the time to look at next season as numbers for realignment will counted in just a couple of months and new districts will be announced in February. I wish the Cardinals nothing but success this year, except agaisnt the Rebels, but it might be time to consider the future and a course redirection.

No offense is taken...however week 0 seems like the wrong time for such thoughts? I am confident administration is aware of the fact that the numbers are small and will take action as necessary. They probably won't be making any decisions in week 0...good luck to all Friday.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder