Kendrick Perkins Arrested on Public Intox.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest beechnut
Not to worry bc he will working for the BISD in a year or so bc he has the creditials. sp Maybe they can name the butch the Perk................

I completely agree.  Perk should know better.  He was suck a few days ago becuase of doctor's orders for dehydration (yea, ok) so had to cancel the basketball event for the kids.  Then go to the club and do something stupid.  You have to use your head better.  If you ask me, he should take less trips to beaumont to stay away from bad influences.  You are a roll model to a lot of these young beaumont basketball players (a lot of them talk about Perkins and want to be just like him knowing that he walked the same halls that they walk now).  I just hope that positive image is not tarnished. Now, before you give me a hard time and say 'he's human, he's not perfect, yada yada', think about what I've said.  You have to make better decisions not only for yourself, but who looks up to you.  You don't play the game to be a roll model, but you have been branded as such.  He knows this.  He really dissapointed me.

Guest infield fly
Bad situation? Yes.  End of the world?  No.  I would hate for someone to be able to see what I have done all the time of my life.  I bet most people would feel the same.  If he wasnt a professional player, it wouldnt be news.  He needs to hold himself to a higher standard, but also be given a break when he slips.  He can make it up to the kids and fix the problem.  Hopefully he will be given the chance all of us would want.

Well said Bmtsouja. Kids do look up to these guys and they need to make better decisions. If he wasn't a Pro no one would know about this, but the fact is he is a Pro and knows everyone will know about it. And if you don't think that is fair don't take the millions to play in the NBA and no one will care. Did you see the 12 year old Little Leaguer hit a home run flip his bat and showboat at home before  he rounded the bases on ESPN. Where do you think he got at stuff.Like Michael Wilbon always says when these guys mess up, "You are rich, if you want to party and get stupid do it in the privacy of your own home." because in society today everyone has a camera,waiting for you to mess up.

[quote name="oldollie" post="1035230" timestamp="1313295021"]
Well said Bmtsouja. Kids do look up to these guys and they need to make better decisions. If he wasn't a Pro no one would know about this, but the fact is he is a Pro and knows everyone will know about it. And if you don't think that is fair don't take the millions to play in the NBA and no one will care. Did you see the 12 year old Little Leaguer hit a home run flip his bat and showboat at home before  he rounded the bases on ESPN. Where do you think he got at stuff.Like Michael Wilbon always says when these guys mess up, "You are rich, if you want to party and get stupid do it in the privacy of your own home." because in society today everyone has a camera,waiting for you to mess up.
[/quote]Well said.

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1035213" timestamp="1313291883"]
[b]K.P. and his associates put on a fantastic community event and the kids enjoyed the camp and banquet[/b]. Monies went to a worthy cause. He obviously made some bad decisions last night. Lets hope he has learned from these life events, like we all have at one time. ;)
[/quote]

except for the whole cancelling of the main event due to sickness, but then being well enough to go out and live it up later on that night.  i know that nobody is perfect, but his timing was unfortunate, to say the least.  cancel the event because you're "sick", but then get well in just a few hours and go out and get arrested after clubbing?  if this had happened under any other circumstances, i honestly wouldn't think much of it, but to happen the way it did, i lost a lot of respect for him.

If he had gone out in Ok and gotten a PI, that's to be forgiven. But when it is a hometown event that he put together for the kids and he is a no-show, gets drunk and disorderly, bordering on resisting arrest enough to be pepper sprayed, he will have to re-earn my respect.

Obviously this event is to show the kids how approachable the stars can be, or is this an NBA requirement?

pretty much dispicable...it's bad enough that he got drunk and had an altercation serious enough to result in his arrest, but to do so after missing a majority of the major events taking place in the camp is inexcusable...he was counted on to be a significant part of this event and he know shows most of it but miraculously recovers in time to tie one on??? sad!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami