It starts today!

The SouthEast Texas chapter of TASO starts their weekly meetings tonight. Anyone interested in becoming a football official is invited. We will meet every Monday from now until the end of the season at 6:30 pm at the IBEW hall on Spindletop rd in Beaumont. Come join us!

[quote name="teeboan" post="1025795" timestamp="1310994676"]
The SouthEast Texas chapter of TASO starts their weekly meetings tonight. Anyone interested in becoming a football official is invited. We will meet every Monday from now until the end of the season at 6:30 pm at the IBEW hall on Spindletop rd in Beaumont. Come join us!
[/quote]

You guys do a tough job, I called a little league baseball game[b] once[/b].....I didn't think I would get out of there alive.  ;) :D

My hat is off to you, but I could not do your job I just don't have the constitution for it.  ;D

[quote name="VPirate" post="1025826" timestamp="1310999559"]
[quote author=teeboan link=topic=85821.msg1025795#msg1025795 date=1310994676]
[/quote]

You guys do a tough job, I called a little league baseball game[b] once[/b].....I didn't think I would get out of there alive.  ;) :D

My hat is off to you, but I could not do your job I just don't have the constitution for it.  ;D
[/quote]

Amen!

[quote name="LTrain" post="1025967" timestamp="1311018380"]
i dont think i can keep up with all the running, tooo out of shape these days, as far as i run is the bathroom after a long nite.. :D
[/quote]

I feel your pain..that's why I'm an umpire, I work with the linebackers and linemen, none of us like to run too far..It's those 2 guys on the sidelines that have to run, but they don't mind, it gets them away from screaming coaches!..lol...

[quote name="teeboan" post="1025795" timestamp="1310994676"]
[/quote]

Everyone who referees, imo is doing so for the same reason...they have a love for the game. They don’t choose to put themselves in a position to be criticized because of the pay..:D....They just want to give back to the sport that they have spent their life around. No one is perfect and bad calls are inevitable. They are the last thing that the people who bear the responsibility of making these calls want to happen. So don’t chastise a ref the next time a call doesn't go the way you wanted. Instead, shake his hand after the game and tell him he called a good game. At the end of the day, he shares the same passion for the sport and loves the game just as much as you........ 8)

Guest Pirate_pride_07
[quote name="teeboan" post="1025982" timestamp="1311020474"]
[quote author=LTrain link=topic=85821.msg1025967#msg1025967 date=1311018380]
i dont think i can keep up with all the running, tooo out of shape these days, as far as i run is the bathroom after a long nite.. :D
[/quote]

I feel your pain..that's why I'm an umpire, I work with the linebackers and linemen, none of us like to run too far..It's those 2 guys on the sidelines that have to run, but they don't mind, it gets them away from screaming coaches!..lol...
[/quote]
Yeah thats what i would have a hard time with. Knowing my temper i would throwing a coach out every game lol  ::)  ::)

[quote name="VPirate" post="1026203" timestamp="1311085962"]
[/quote]

Everyone who referees, imo is doing so for the same reason...they have a love for the game. They don’t choose to put themselves in a position to be criticized because of the pay..:D....They just want to give back to the sport that they have spent their life around. No one is perfect and bad calls are inevitable. They are the last thing that the people who bear the responsibility of making these calls want to happen. So don’t chastise a ref the next time a call doesn't go the way you wanted. Instead, shake his hand after the game and tell him he called a good game. At the end of the day, he shares the same passion for the sport and loves the game just as much as you........ 8)

[/quote]
Thanks and amen brother! Peolpe always ask how we could put up with the abuse. I love the game so much it's just Texas High School football and then waiting for Texas High School football. I get goose bumps every Friday night that I'm standing out there on the 50 and the  flag's flying and the anthem's playing...CANT WAIT..

[quote name="VPirate" post="1026203" timestamp="1311085962"]
[/quote]

[/quote]
Oh and by the way, my crew has 3 Vidor games this year so I'm counting on you to keep your side of the stands in check!..LOL

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder