Should Cleveland just merge with Tarkington??

Guest octfeb
I'm sure it would never happen because they are 2 different isd's,BUT IF they did, could it be possible that it would become a 4-A school? As it stands now Dayton is the only 4-A school in the county.

[quote name="octfeb" post="1025358" timestamp="1310847461"]
I'm sure it would never happen because they are 2 different isd's,BUT IF they did, could it be possible that it would become a 4-A school? As it stands now Dayton is the only 4-A school in the county.
[/quote]

IF they did, it would probably be a 4A school, Cleveland's ADA last realigment was 886, Tarkington's was 619 for a total of 1505.

I agree, though.  It won't happen.

Guest beechnut
Why would you want to ruin TISD? I think the state should eliminate all school boards and break the state into four regions and run them. Make them county skewls like they do up north. To many skewl boards that play power games and care less about the kids.

[quote name="beechnut" post="1025370" timestamp="1310849422"]
Why would you want to ruin TISD? I think the state should eliminate all school boards and break the state into four regions and run them. Make them county skewls like they do up north. To many skewl boards that play power games and care less about the kids.
[/quote]2 separate ISDs but just miles apart. Mind you im talking in regards to sports. i mean Tarkington isn't good in anything sports wise except volleyball.

If you are talking about doing this for sports WO-S and LC-M should combine. You would have WO-S speed and the size of LC-M. It would be a small 5A school if my numbers are right. They would be awesome in football, baseball, basketball, track (WO-S speed and LC-M distant runners). Heck, I am having a hard time thinking of a sport these two schools combined wouldn't be good at.

Wishful thinking but it probably will never happen.

[quote name="bigred360" post="1025377" timestamp="1310850815"]
If you are talking about doing this for sports WO-S and LC-M should combine. You would have WO-S speed and the size of LC-M. It would be a small 5A school if my numbers are right. They would be awesome in football, baseball, basketball, track (WO-S speed and LC-M distant runners). Heck, I am having a hard time thinking of a sport these two schools combined wouldn't be good at.

[/quote]

Your numbers are wrong. 1200 (rounded up) + 700 (rounded up)= 1900
4A

[quote name="bobbymcgee" post="1025378" timestamp="1310851266"]
[quote author=bigred360 link=topic=85781.msg1025377#msg1025377 date=1310850815]

[/quote]

Your numbers are wrong. 1200 (rounded up) + 700 (rounded up)= 1900
4A
[/quote]

Thanks, as that is even better!

[/quote]Its more logical for those 2 to combine, not only for sports though. at the rate its going i can see WO-S being 2A in a several years which means if it was to happen 4A ball would be back in Orange for good.

But back to Tarkington, i never knew why 2 ISD's even existed since Cleveland is so close.

[/quote]

I don't know if LCM has any good distance runners right now. In fact, I believe on the Boys side WOS would be the strong one and LCM on the girls side. Would be a very interesting merge if it ever happened.

[quote name="bobbymcgee" post="1025417" timestamp="1310858310"]
Maybe with state funding cuts schools will wise up and start consolidating. I have never understood the need for so many "independent" school districts.
[/quote]

Because it's about local control.  As many Tea-Baggers on this forum, I'm surprise people even suggesting local school distrcts giving up local control....

[quote name="dreski" post="1025584" timestamp="1310925697"]
personally i think a tarkington cleveland merger would be a great idea.. it makes a lot of since.. location.. saving money.. [b]an tarkington would actually have a chance to be competitive if not more in sports[/b].. just saying.
[/quote] ;)

[quote name="dreski" post="1025584" timestamp="1310925697"]
personally i think a tarkington cleveland merger would be a great idea.. it makes a lot of since.. location.. saving money.. an tarkington would actually have a chance to be competitive if not more in sports.. just saying.
[/quote]

If they combined and started playing in a 4A district, what would the school be competitive in?  ???

[quote name="Rizon" post="1025618" timestamp="1310935058"]
[quote author=dreski link=topic=85781.msg1025584#msg1025584 date=1310925697]
personally i think a tarkington cleveland merger would be a great idea.. it makes a lot of since.. location.. saving money.. an tarkington would actually have a chance to be competitive if not more in sports.. just saying.
[/quote]

If they combined and started playing in a 4A district, what would the school be competitive in?  ???
[/quote]

with cleveland's athelets and tarkingtons size.. they might win 3 games a season in 4a.. which for tarkington would probably be reason to celebrate.. lol

[quote name="shermdog" post="1025662" timestamp="1310943292"]
[quote author=007 link=topic=85781.msg1025389#msg1025389 date=1310852912]
would make more sense if Hardin and Hull Daisetta merged.
[/quote]

You will have a better chance of seeing the devil on ice skates.  There is too much bad blood there.
[/quote]why

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder