I fear Lamar will screw this up....where is the leadership.

La Tech is furious with the WAC. Even the hardcore anti-SBC fans are now saying La Tech should take a second look at the SBC.
What is Lamar doing?  being quiet and passive. Lamar needs not piss off the SLC by announcing FBS, However Lamar could release stadium expansion plans. At least put some make up on to attract the SBC. If Tech decides to leave the WAC for the SBC, LU can forget about ever going FBS.

[quote name="fatelvis04" post="1020303" timestamp="1308789206"]
Fans can be as furious as they want, if the institution isn't furious or looking to move, it doesn't matter.
[/quote]La Tech leaders has been clear on wanting out of the WAC. They didn't want to join ULM in the SBC.
ULM is struggling and  may not survive the FBS which opens the door to Tech.

If La Tech stays in the WAC then Lamar gets invited to the WAC.  If La Tech leaves the WAC then both Lamar and SHSU get invited to the WAC.  Either way Lamar goes FBS and the WAC is more than likely to have divisions by the time Lamar joins so it doesn't really matter too much what La Tech does.

[quote name="SabineRavine" post="1020498" timestamp="1308865556"]
[quote author=UNLV link=topic=85144.msg1020198#msg1020198 date=1308759138]
La Tech is furious with the WAC.[/quote]

We're still waiting on the citation for this, UNLV
[/quote]Dang, stop being so lazy. Go read other sports forums. Start with the bulldawgs forum.

Negativity wont get you far........neither will reading any other boards from other schools.  If fans from other schools read LU boards then you would think that LU was better than any other school in the country in all sports.  Boards are biased......I have all the faith in the world in LU and President Simmons.......LU will do what is best for LU and not what people think is best for LU!!!!

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="1020542" timestamp="1308885494"]
Negativity wont get you far........neither will reading any other boards from other schools.  If fans from other schools read LU boards then you would think that LU was better than any other school in the country in all sports.  Boards are biased......I have all the faith in the world in LU and President Simmons.......LU will do what is best for LU and not what people think is best for LU!!!!
[/quote]Was that your attitude when LU dropped football and dropped to the SLC.  Dr Simmons and co has shown they can make mistakes. We as fans shouldn't passively hide and make LU leadership out as the perfect messiah. We should keep the ideas flowing.
Keep them thinking about all possibilities. Think of it as a space ship in an asteroid field. Do you want everyone to sit quietly and hope the driver sees all the asteroids or to inform the driver of a nearby asteroid?

Have you even been to the campus in the past 5 years UNLV? A lot has changed since Dr. Simmons took over and 90+% of it is for the better.

Dr. Simmons helped bring back football! You make it out that he was responsible for what happened 20+ years ago! I for one trust the man, becuase he has prooven himself.

[quote name="badndn" post="1020584" timestamp="1308929394"]
Have you even been to the campus in the past 5 years UNLV? A lot has changed since Dr. Simmons took over and 90+% of it is for the better.

Dr. Simmons helped bring back football! You make it out that he was responsible for what happened 20+ years ago! I for one trust the man, becuase he has prooven himself.
[/quote]Was Dr Simmons president when LU dropped football?  c'mon dude, lets not make arguments for argument sake. If you trust him, fine. I believe even the best makes mistakes sometimes. I want to shine the light on all possible scenarios. LU probably never would have dropped to the SLC if the fans would have spoken up.

Nobody is perfect and  we all make mistakes, however, Dr. Simmons has done far more good for Lamar than  bad so I will trust him and his team to continue their leadership of Lamar...Devil's Advocate question here, is moving to FBS now in Lamar's best interests?  not saying it is or isn't, but it ain't as easy of a question to answer as some  think

[quote name="Razor" post="1020609" timestamp="1308946446"]
Nobody is perfect and  we all make mistakes, however, Dr. Simmons has done far more good for Lamar than  bad so I will trust him and his team to continue their leadership of Lamar...Devil's Advocate question here, is moving to FBS now in Lamar's best interests?  not saying it is or isn't, but it ain't as easy of a question to answer as some  think
[/quote]
Since there's nowhere to go, I say stay where your at. Personally I think LU would've lost out financially if they would've went to WAC on travelling etc. I think Sunbelt would be a better option. As it stands now, I think SLC is where LU will have to stay for a while IMO.

[quote name="Scalp'em" post="1020633" timestamp="1308954156"]
[quote author=Razor link=topic=85144.msg1020609#msg1020609 date=1308946446]
[/quote]
Since there's nowhere to go, I say stay where your at. Personally I think LU would've lost out financially if they would've went to WAC on travelling etc. I think Sunbelt would be a better option. As it stands now, I think SLC is where LU will have to stay for a while IMO.
[/quote]

The odds are good the Lamar will get the invite to the WAC next year.  The WAC will probably end up with 12 to 14 teams with divisions so travel won't be that bad.  Dr. Simmons has said the goal is to be bowl eligible by 2015.  Getting an invite next year puts Lamar right on track to be fully FBS by 2015.

[quote name="coachacola" post="1020644" timestamp="1308962131"]
[quote author=Scalp'em link=topic=85144.msg1020633#msg1020633 date=1308954156]
[quote author=Razor link=topic=85144.msg1020609#msg1020609 date=1308946446]
[/quote]
[/quote]

The odds are good the Lamar will get the invite to the WAC next year.  The WAC will probably end up with 12 to 14 teams with divisions so travel won't be that bad.  Dr. Simmons has said the goal is to be bowl eligible by 2015.  Getting an invite next year puts Lamar right on track to be fully FBS by 2015.
[/quote]http://www.theind.com/news/8382-8-di-teams-hit-with-postseason-play-bans?tmpl=component&layout=default&page=

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder