10 yr olds / Little League Game thread

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest sports girl
The umpire cursed the stands! The coach gets ejected and the kid gets ejected but umpire mark merchant can provoke grandparents after the game and the home plate umpire can curse the fans. Why were the umpires not reprimanded? I witnessed Mark Merchant grab a child by the shirt and get in his face before while he was umpiring a game and the boy was only 9. He should not be allowed around kids. In my opinion the kid was ejected because the umpires were mad about the fans response to the coach being ejected for going to the bathroom during the game. I think those umpires were a disgrace to the game! This will not be the end of this.

BOY BOY BOY.... [glow=red,2,300]SIR merchant [/glow] not to be out done by Mr. Pee Body behind the plate ....You just have to drag a kid into it...You said the kid was ejected for throwing his helmet but it never left his hand .HELLO...That boy should have never been tossed but we all know you and you can not be out done by another umpire so you have to go to the 10 yr old little boys and find something...I am not worried about me because Mike &  R.J ....AND THE KIDS CAN HANDLE IT  :o ...I get tossed for taking a leak without permisson( sorry daddy) and then he tells me for talking to a fan ( THE DISTRICT 32 COMM.) ...way way way out of control..I was not the athlete that picked on you in school..I was nice to guys like you :o(LITTLE BUDDY)..That puke colored shirt that you guys were wearing last night does not make you better than anyone NOR DOES IT MAKE YOU TUFF...It is very very hard to teach a kid respect for the game with this type of crap...This is one of the reason why nobody wants to be involved in Little League..If the 5 district Reps that were there last night do not respond to these umpires behavior they have blinders on...  The Dogs did a great job beating all 11 people on the field last night.."O" YEAH almost forgot PEE-PEE before the game ;)

Outsider looking in ...That was waywayway as BaseBow said out of control..Why didnt the commisioner of dist 32 step in ..I was standing next to him when he stoped Bubba and shook hands with him and asked when Trevin was leaving for T.C.U...Then I was on the fence when Landon came back to the dug out never did that kid throw his helmet..Yes he showed frustration but he did nothing no differnt than any other kid that struck out...Like I said I am from Lumberton not Nederland are B.C..That was the worst umpires I have evre seen..

where are the mods around here. some pretty serious and personal bashing going on here. i'm glad i don't live in nederland anymore if this is how they treat their own. imho any kid that throws or slams their helmet should be reprimanded. i wasn't there, so i can't say whether ejection was earned or not. i know little league wants to clear those type of outbursts up.

[quote name="spoonbill" post="1021458" timestamp="1309440924"]
where are the mods around here. some pretty serious and personal bashing going on here. [glow=red,2,300]i'm glad i don't live in nederland anymore [/glow] if this is how they treat their own. imho any kid that throws or slams their helmet should be reprimanded. i wasn't there, so i can't say whether ejection was earned or not. i know little league wants to clear those type of outbursts up.
[/quote]Vidor now....Is that right

[quote name="BaseBow" post="1021461" timestamp="1309441381"]
[quote author=spoonbill link=topic=84994.msg1021458#msg1021458 date=1309440924]
where are the mods around here. some pretty serious and personal bashing going on here. [glow=red,2,300]i'm glad i don't live in nederland anymore [/glow] if this is how they treat their own. imho any kid that throws or slams their helmet should be reprimanded. i wasn't there, so i can't say whether ejection was earned or not. i know little league wants to clear those type of outbursts up.
[/quote]it took you a whole 7 minutes to figure that out?? no, as you can tell by my avatar, i reside in arkansas. ;D ...go ahead bring the hate...lets hear it.

[quote name="faub10" post="1021374" timestamp="1309400503"]
[font=Verdana][color=red][size=14pt]Dogs dominate[/size][/color][/font],,,,,,,7-1,,,even with coach and player ejected,,,,,,,worst officiated game I've ever seen.......................
[/quote]

REALLY??????  4 walks, 2 errors allowed 5 runs in innings 1 and 2..... Not sure the word "Dominate" is correct... Maybe Dogs Win.... ;D

[quote name="spoonbill" post="1021465" timestamp="1309442299"]
[quote author=BaseBow link=topic=84994.msg1021461#msg1021461 date=1309441381]
[/quote]it took you a whole 7 minutes to figure that out?? no, as you can tell by my avater, i reside in arkansas. ;D ...go ahead bring the hate...lets hear it.
[/quote]No hate here..I thought I remember you posting on the football site about Vidor..I am not hating on any one from Nederland ..I just stated a couple of facts ;)

[quote name="BaseBow" post="1021476" timestamp="1309445432"]
[quote author=spoonbill link=topic=84994.msg1021465#msg1021465 date=1309442299]
[/quote]it took you a whole 7 minutes to figure that out?? no, as you can tell by my avater, i reside in arkansas. ;D ...go ahead bring the hate...lets hear it.
[/quote]No hate here..I thought I remember you posting on the football site about Vidor..I am not hating on any one from Nederland ..I just stated a couple of facts ;)
[/quote]busted...that's what i figured. that's why i made the comment about the 7 minutes. i figured you did a search of my posts.  that would make it pretty obvious. btw, those 9 and 10 yr olds better get used to not agreeing with blue. it is, as you know, a part of the game. i've never been to a game where everyone agreed on every call. as kf89 stated, you always want the kids on your team that are passionate about the game. it is the coaches responsibility to help them control that passion. and i have seen coaches kicked out for not asking to go take a wizz. kinda ridiculous if you ask me, but we were told before the game that was how it was going to be...and it was.

[quote name="spoonbill" post="1021479" timestamp="1309446503"]
[quote author=BaseBow link=topic=84994.msg1021476#msg1021476 date=1309445432]
[quote author=spoonbill link=topic=84994.msg1021465#msg1021465 date=1309442299]
[/quote]busted...that's what i figured. that's why i made the comment about the 7 minutes. i figured you did a search of my posts.  that would make it pretty obvious. btw, those 9 and 10 yr olds better get used to not agreeing with blue. it is, as you know, a part of the game. i've never been to a game where everyone agreed on every call. as kf89 stated, you always want the kids on your team that are passionate about the game. it is the coaches responsibility to help them control that passion. and i have seen coaches kicked out for not asking to go take a wizz. kinda ridiculous if you ask me, but we were told before the game that was how it was going to be...and it was.
[/quote]No I just rembered the name spoonbill..I am in and out of the office thats why it was a few minutes..I have to work un-like some people :D..

I am not saying they dominated the game, I am saying they dominated a lot of obstacles.   Even after all the emotion of having a coach and a player ejected for what we all know were bogus reasons, they kept their heads in the game and played ball.  I am very proud of all our players.  They played with pride and we should all be proud.  They kept their composure, kept their heads up, and played awesome ball.  Way to go boys!!!!!

Apparently, Little League coaches can now determine "which" rules to enforce and "which" rules will not be enforced and if things don't go their way, it's seems acceptable to call out umpires by name and dig up elementary or high school issues on this thread.  That's unfortunate and uncalled for!

Coach, if the LL rule book states "no one shall leave the dugout without permission", then no one leaves the dugout, period!  If a kid throws or slams his helmet, regardless of where it occurs, that rule also has to be enforced or what [i]will[/i] be allowed next?  Administering rules as an umpire isn't a situation where one decides what the most popular call will be at the moment.  How about coaches simply respect the rule, quickly ask the umpire and you'll be on your way to the bathroom?  How about coaches teach their players how to channel their "emotion" into hustle and better play rather than the "attitude" you feel is in some way helping this 10 year old.  The comment made [b][i]"he feels he let his team,coaches,family & city down when he gets out or makes an error"[/i][/b] is probably the most unfortunate comment I have seen here.  C'mon! A 10 year old made to feel this much pressure by his team, coaches, family and city is a sad statement on youth sports but that is also evident by the posts here.

About the umpire:
One of the umpires you so easily criticize happens to be the very umpire that has received some of the highest evaluations at the LL State and Regional Tournaments over several years and has also received a LL World Series assignment!  Why would I mention this? Glad you asked.  [b][i]THAT[/i][/b] is how Little League (Williamsport) wants umpires to enforce rules, regardless of personal feelings, league affiliations, etc.  These umpires do not pick and choose selective rules to enforce or Managers, parents and fans like what I read here decide when it's appropriate to leave the dugout or slam their helmet (in "passion" or violent disregard for the umpires).

I truly hope as many of you as possible with travel to Tyler for the LL State Tournament, July 23rd-July 27th to see how a Little League game is handled by umpires and Tournament Directors (no, the onsite DA will NEVER stick his/her head onto the field without a formal protest being made as one of you suggested unless D32 operates differently than the rest of the LL world).  You 'll see how the focus is on the kids and the game and not the adults.

PS-I'm not holding onto the thought that umpires do not make mistakes. They (WE) do and it's OK to disagree but when it turns personal, that's unfortunate and that's what you've shown here.

Just my opinion, regardless of the the call being correct or not, what a great example by the parents ::) Talk about having no class.. Yelling and cursing at umps, and THEN, coming on to a public forum to openly bash people on personal levels is uncalled for. He made a call, and if the kid tosses his helmet, he gets ejected. [b]Its a rule[/b].. Like I said I hope we set a great example for the kids last night during all this bickering.

[quote name="bballdude" post="1021521" timestamp="1309453471"]
Apparently, Little League coaches can now determine "which" rules to enforce and "which" rules will not be enforced and if things don't go their way, it's seems acceptable to call out umpires by name and dig up elementary or high school issues on this thread.  That's unfortunate and uncalled for!

Coach, if the LL rule book states "no one shall leave the dugout without permission", then no one leaves the dugout, period!  If a kid throws or slams his helmet, regardless of where it occurs, that rule also has to be enforced or what [i]will[/i] be allowed next?  Administering rules as an umpire isn't a situation where one decides what the most popular call will be at the moment.  How about coaches simply respect the rule, quickly ask the umpire and you'll be on your way to the bathroom?  How about coaches teach their players how to channel their "emotion" into hustle and better play rather than the "attitude" you feel is in some way helping this 10 year old.  The comment made [b][i]"he feels he let his team,coaches,family & city down when he gets out or makes an error"[/i][/b] is probably the most unfortunate comment I have seen here.  C'mon! A 10 year old made to feel this much pressure by his team, coaches, family and city is a sad statement on youth sports but that is also evident by the posts here.

About the umpire:
One of the umpires you so easily criticize happens to be the very umpire that has received some of the highest evaluations at the LL State and Regional Tournaments over several years and has also received a LL World Series assignment!  Why would I mention this? Glad you asked.  [b][i]THAT[/i][/b] is how Little League (Williamsport) wants umpires to enforce rules, regardless of personal feelings, league affiliations, etc.  These umpires do not pick and choose selective rules to enforce or Managers, parents and fans like what I read here decide when it's appropriate to leave the dugout or slam their helmet (in "passion" or violent disregard for the umpires).

I truly hope as many of you as possible with travel to Tyler for the LL State Tournament, July 23rd-July 27th to see how a Little League game is handled by umpires and Tournament Directors (no, the onsite DA will NEVER stick his/her head onto the field without a formal protest being made as one of you suggested unless D32 operates differently than the rest of the LL world).  You 'll see how the focus is on the kids and the game and not the adults.

PS-I'm not holding onto the thought that umpires do not make mistakes. They (WE) do and it's OK to disagree but when it turns personal, that's unfortunate and that's what you've shown here.

[/quote]this comment makes WAY to much sense to be posted on this thread. ;D

[quote name="kf'89" post="1021538" timestamp="1309457733"]
apparently little league UMPIRES can determine "which" rules to enforce on which teams they want to enforce them on when things dont go their way, ive seen it for 10yrs.if u go by the rule book u can throw a player,coach or fan out every inning from both teams.& those awards are given to umpires by other umpires,& thats supposed to make u a good umpire?bottom line is coaches,players & parents are held to a high standard of rule & regulations, but who do the umps answer to?other guys who ump. or use to ump. the second an ump. is questioned in a game or on a web site they get defensive & start going to the rule book,like bballdude.its a natural emotion when a human makes a mistake in a team sport they feel they let others down,thats real life balldude not something u can get out of a little league rule book.        
[/quote]

I honestly dont see what your point is.. The dude made a call cause the kid did something illegal.. maybe yall should treat this as a lesson so it doesnt happen again.. DONT THROW THE HELMET!

Tisk, tisk, tisk. I was at the game last night and I couldn't agree more with the umpires. They were simply just doing their job and following the rules. I mean I understand your kid got thrown out of the game, but he broke a rule. Accept it and move on instead of coming online and being childish. Most of you are adults, can't you handle yourself like one? It was a shame to see people such as educators in the Nederland School District (one that I know personally), and coaches yelling at and cursing out the umpires. Aren't they supposed to be role models for the young kids in this town? I know if that particular teacher is teaching when my kid goes through school, he will not be taking her class. Nederland has a good reputation for the most part, it took a big hit last night though. Better watch what you say on these forums, it could came back to bite you where the sun don't shine.

I used to umpire out at what used to be Nederland North 3 or 4 years back, but I quit. THIS IS EXACTLY WHY. The coach should have known the rules before going to the restroom and having a chat on the way back. If he would have known the consequences, he wouldn't have done it or he would have asked for permission. Parents and coaches are getting [u][i][b]way too out of control[/b][/i][/u] these days.

SAME GOES TO U about watching what u say BIG RED 42,& HELMET WASNT THROWN.I GUESS CALLING ME AN A--HOLE IS TEACHING UR KID TO BE A GOOD ROLE MODEL?NICE POST EX-UMPIRE. & IF U ARE CONCERNED ON HOW NED KIDS ARE BEING COACHED & TAUGHT U CAN COME DISCUSS IT WITH ME & MY COACHING STAFF ANY DAY OF THE  WEEK

1. I don't have kids yet. I was just trying to say that last night, in front of all those kids, some parents and coaches made a fool of yourself and set some bad examples.
2. I never said I was concerned with the way you coach your kids.
3. Learn how to spell concerned.

I do believe kids at a young age should be taught to where they learn to love the game and are encouraged to go back year after year to play. I have a buddy whose kid quit last year because the coaches treated it like it was the major leagues, they were being way too serious in other words. I believe you need to give every child as many chances as they need to let them reach their maximum potential. Provide challenges along the way, but not too tough of a challenge to where they get discouraged. But this is my point of view, other coaches have other points. Just though I would put my 2 cents in. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder