Southland Conference Tournament

Guest baseball25
ruck, you are about to get hammered, everyone is about to bring up how many wins he has as a coach etc, I am with you lamar needs to clean house and bring someone new in because I promise they can get somebody and the person they need to get is the Dallas baptist head coach!!!!

[quote name="basketball25" post="1014289" timestamp="1306428824"]
ruck, you are about to get hammered, everyone is about to bring up how many wins he has as a coach etc, I am with you lamar needs to clean house and bring someone new in because I promise they can get somebody and the person they need to get is the Dallas baptist head coach!!!!
[/quote]
I agree, his resume speaks for itself. I think it would be great fit, and he has four boys. They could live in Port Neches. ;D

As far as LU goes, according to stats this year it came down to hitting not pitching.

Scoring 0-2 runs  3-19 
... 3-5 runs  8-3 
... 6-9 runs  8-4 
... 10+ runs  10-1

If you use that stat from thier site, if they would've scored more then two runs maybe they could've squeeked out another 9 or 10 wins. They lost 3-2 and 4-1 in tourney which still not over two runs. I thought that was an interesting stat and shoots down the injury bug theory. No doubt it would've helped to have everybody healthy, but that wasn't the determining factor this season IMO.

One of the hardest things is knowing when to leave.  How many times have we seen through the years a great boxing champion stay around to long only to get embarrased.  Gilligan has been a good one and a great ambassodor for the University. Can't say as to when he will step aside.  This year I am sure is a disappoinment for him.

Dallas Baptist coach had his team playing some good ball clubs. They played Oklahoma St, TT, UT, OU, A&M, and Baylor from the Big 12 and went 4-5. They went 3-0 against TCU and Rice. They went 3-2 against the PAC-10. This guy don't shy away from anybody and they went 39-17 on the season. Not too shabby.

Guest baseball25
then they need to get rid of rickelson then and bring in some hitters, lamar use to get those top notch hitters but when you don't play the big boys like other southland teams do you will lose recruits!!!!! Because we all know recruits want to against baylor,lsu,texas, Aggies, and etc

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder