Cubs win game 3. Stegant Throws a No Hitter.

A few there yesterday, needs to use those great legs. He is throwing this good without using his frame much. Only gonna get better.
  Jacobs played great defense, having 10 put outs.
  Roberts got on base every at bat except the first game. Last games blast off lf wall into 25 mph was the closing statement of a 3/3 day with a walk.
  Sure like Provost and Stone, gamers who also will be playing baseball for quite awhile.

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="1011083" timestamp="1305410840"]
Scouts, eat your hearts out...  He's only a junior too!
[/quote]

This junior class is a good one for Brenham.  We faced them (Washington County) in the Junior League state tourney 3 years ago, and they were stacked.  I remember Stegent and Kubeczka from that team.  They were very athletic and hit the ball well.  Assuming they all still play, Brenham should have a good year next year as well.

[quote name="dirtball" post="1011240" timestamp="1305477070"]
  A few there yesterday, needs to use those great legs. He is throwing this good without using his frame much. Only gonna get better.
  Jacobs played great defense, having 10 put outs.
  Roberts got on base every at bat except the first game. Last games blast off lf wall into 25 mph was the closing statement of a 3/3 day with a walk.
  Sure like Provost and Stone, gamers who also will be playing baseball for quite awhile.
[/quote]

I agree with you, dirtball.  The Provost kid is a gamer....plays the way the game should be played. Very impressed with this young man.

[quote name="dirtball" post="1011602" timestamp="1305581187"]
  Hey Eagle,
     Do you know if he hs committed yet?
[/quote]

If I remember correctly, someone told me he ( Provost ) is committed to a Juco.....I can find out.
Anyone ???????

[quote name="dirtball" post="1011602" timestamp="1305581187"]
  Hey Eagle,
     Do you know if he hs committed yet?
[/quote]

I retract my previous response...Went back and looked at my private messages. Was told on March 3rd....no offers but looks and contact from LSU-Eunice, Angelina, HBU, SFA. This was two months ago...I'm sure someone will respond to let us know.  Kid certainly needs to be playing at next level.

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="1011610" timestamp="1305582800"]
I think somebody said Provost is going to Northcentral.
[/quote]

I retract my previous, previous response.  ;D
Brenhamfan...I believe you are correct. Seems like someone told us that at game 1 of Brenham/PNG.

[quote name="dirtball" post="1011683" timestamp="1305601598"]
  Eagle,
     You have seen him more than me, seems like d1 written all over him, your thoughts? Where does he play summerball?
[/quote]

I think D1 for sure. Quick and agile behind the plate. Athletic and can flat out mash the ball.
Just my two cents.

[quote name="dirtball" post="1011683" timestamp="1305601598"]
  Eagle,
     You have seen him more than me, seems like d1 written all over him, your thoughts? Where does he play summerball?
[/quote]

He has played for the Gladiators the past 2 years. He has signed with North Central junior College. Def has the skills to play D1.

[quote name="rounder17" post="1011861" timestamp="1305646918"]
[quote author=dirtball link=topic=84282.msg1011683#msg1011683 date=1305601598]
  Eagle,
[/quote]

He has played for the Gladiators the past 2 years. He has signed with North Central junior College. Def has the skills to play D1.
[/quote]

Thanks.

[quote name="BringinTheHeat" post="1011993" timestamp="1305660915"]
My son has played on the Gladiators the last 2 years with him. He works as hard at practice and warm ups before the game as he does during the game. Great kid and should be playing for a while!!
[/quote]

Been fortunate enough to watch him the past two summers.  He is a leader on the field and a fierce competitor, to go along with his athletic abilitity.  Great kid, great family (plus Dad makes a mean pulled pork sandwich).  He deserves all the recognition because he worked hard to earn it.

[quote name="bmtball" post="1011999" timestamp="1305662049"]
[quote author=BringinTheHeat link=topic=84282.msg1011993#msg1011993 date=1305660915]
My son has played on the Gladiators the last 2 years with him. He works as hard at practice and warm ups before the game as he does during the game. Great kid and should be playing for a while!!
[/quote]

Been fortunate enough to watch him the past two summers.  He is a leader on the field and a fierce competitor, to go along with his athletic abilitity.  Great kid, great family (plus Dad makes a mean pulled pork sandwich).  He deserves all the recognition because he worked hard to earn it.
[/quote]

That's exactly how I would describe this kid.  Now, the pulled pork sandwich.....that's an added bonus !  ;D
Good stuff  thanks for the info.

[quote name="EAGLE07" post="1012061" timestamp="1305671778"]
[quote author=dirtball link=topic=84282.msg1012050#msg1012050 date=1305669811]
  Sounds like Arkansas material  LOL
[/quote]

SOOOEEY PIG !
[/quote]
Hook'em Horns lol... Congrats to the kid on the no hitter... U dont see many of those in high school baseball and especially not in the playoffs

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder