21-3a MVP

wos pride

Guest GoStangs

Why limit it to offense or defense? Earl Thomas was a threat on offense (rushing and receiving), a lock-down corner on defense (he is unquestionably the top DB in the entire area), and an outstanding special teams player. If you're talking about who had a good season for their team, there are quite a few players who could be nominated, but if you're looking for the player who is truly the district's MVP, Thomas is easily the cream of the crop.

Why limit it to offense or defense? Earl Thomas was a threat on offense (rushing and receiving)' date=' a lock-down corner on defense (he is unquestionably the top DB in the entire area), and an outstanding special teams player. If you're talking about who had a good season for their team, there are quite a few players who could be nominated, but if you're looking for the player who is truly the district's MVP, Thomas is easily the cream of the crop.[/quote']

No doubt, Thomas is an exceptional athlete and an unbelievable football player. BUT, would one of you stat guys give me his stats for the Silsbee game? WOS still wins even with his performance mediocre at best (given he did have a 95yd or so kick return). WOS doesn't NEED him to win, though he certainly helps. Kirbyville NEEDED and NEEDS Pierce Rhodes. This guy was certainly most valuable with regards to his teams success for 21-3A 2006.

1. Rhodes-Mr. Do Everything playing with a soph QB

2a. Thomas-homerun threat every time he touchs the ball

2b. Bevil-very accurate but throwing to IMHO the best athletes in the area

3. Dishon-as a fulltime RB would have been higher-best skill position BC player I've seen in the last 8yrs

4. Garrett-the future top Mustang-playmaker

Okay your just a nut. Wo-s didn't go to Earl Thomas much in that game. Trust me, if they chose to, he would have smoked ya'll like he did everybody else. What did Pierce Rhodes do against Wo-s...not much. If he was that great, he would have shown it in that game...I don't care what caliber of defense he was playing. He was playing quaterback against Wo-s so he had the ball in his hands most of the time, Earl Thomas didn't...the ball had to be thrown to him. Any Wo-s player is the most valuable player, Pierce Rhodes is good, but his team barely crawled into the playoffs. Earl Thomas nearly won the Bay City game by himself.

3. Dishon-as a fulltime RB would have been higher-best skill position BC player I've seen in the last 8yrs

I don't care what kind of athletes your throwing the ball to, you still have be accurate with the ball. I bet Dishon or Rhodes wouldn't have been able to pass for the yardage that he has because they're not very good passers.

I don't care what kind of athletes your throwing the ball to' date=' you still have be accurate with the ball. I bet Dishon or Rhodes wouldn't have been able to pass for the yardage that he has because they're not very good passers.[/quote']

I wasn't try to down him. I tied him for 2nd. Whoever truly votes on these things will factor in the great WRs he throws to. Even in the NFL or college if you have great WRs you don't get as much credit as you would if you didn't. He is not viewed as a guy who makes big plays. He has playmakers around him. QBs in great systems don't get a lot of accolades when they throw a lot of yards such as Texas Tech.

You know in the area people say that if they had Franks and Thomas on their squad they would win more games. I don't hear that about the QB! He is good but he is not viewed as a great athlete as Beasley. Everyone would have taken him too!

Guest Orangeboy

What grade is the Garrett kid in?

Remember that MVP should mean how valuable the player is to his team, successful or not. West Orange has several that if they were not on the team, someone else would step up. I would say:

1. Ramsey - OF

2. Rhodes - K-ville

3. Harper/Johnson - Silsbee

4. Thomas - WOS

Without Ramsey, OF is not even competitive.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami