Lamar vs McNeese

I will say that I am a Gilligan fan but there are some things that bother me a bit. Players not being in the right place when the ball is away from them on defense. Bad on field decisions by the kids and coaches. i believe you need to ramp it up a bit in the workouts to carry it over to the ball game itself. The injuries are the main thing because without pitching and some timely hitting you ill not win close games. Too many times this year the team has lost on the little things that good clubs usually execute.

In my opinion, this has been a poorly coached team for 2-3 years.  I know injuries have been devastating this year, but defense has been poor, there has been ZERO hitting (yeah, I know...it's the bats...those damned bats).  I just think it is time for a change.  I love what Gilligan has done....he IS Lamar baseball.  But the time has come to go in a different direction.    Recruiting has slipped dramatically.  How many all-conference players have we had in the last 3 years??  Bet you can count them on one hand.  It's time for a change.  Maybe a new AD won't be beholding to Gilligan and can objectively look at the program and see the downward spiral it is in.

[quote name="puddin tane" post="1009636" timestamp="1305252394"]
Gilligan will leave when Gilligan wants to
[/quote]

I assume you are right, but certainly a new AD will at least take a look at a once proud program that is now in the trenches and ask the question, right??  Again, I have the utmost respect for Gilligan and what he has done for LU.  But just as Tubbs' time has come and gone, you have to think maybe Gilligans has too.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    daxebeg833
    Newest Member
    daxebeg833