WHO THE HECK CARES ABOUT YOUR PLAYOFF RECORDS

thescoop

who really cares about how many time you have made it to the playoffs...i hear that a lot on here...like for example Nederland...they brag about their streak getting into the playoffs...does it really matter....only thing matters is how many times you have won the championship...kinda like saying hell im a great lottery player cause i pick 4 out o 6 numbers all the time...or in a 12 round champion ship bout i lasted 2 rounds....you are no better then the guys that stayed hone because in the end you have nothing just like them

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

who really cares about how many time you have made it to the playoffs...i hear that a lot on here...like for example Nederland...they brag about their streak getting into the playoffs...does it really matter....only thing matters is how many times you have won the championship...kinda like saying heck im a great lottery player cause i pick 4 out o 6 numbers all the time...or in a 12 round champion ship bout i lasted 2 rounds....you are no better then the guys that stayed hone because in the end you have nothing just like them

You can tell this guys team is staying home and has been staying home a long time. Good luck to all the teams that made the playoffs. You have the PRIDE of knowing you are better than the rest in your district. The hard work and heart pays off every time.

And yes thescoop is from "We are staying home LUMBERTON!" :lol::lol:

What an absolutely moronic post. Are you telling me that a team who goes 0-10 is equal to a team who goes 15-1 and loses the state title because "they both go home with nothing?"

Why does it matter that WO-S goes 10-0? If I have to explain it to you, maybe you should be watching a different sport - like figure skating.

What do we have to show for it? We have some of the most respected and storied programs in the state.

Yes, a playoff team - for the most part - is better than the teams who stayed home. I say "for the most part" because there are times when another team has the same record but doesn't fit into the three slots. I'd say Nederland and LC-M were pretty much equal this year overall. But certainly they're better than Lumberton or Ozen this year.

You MUST be from Lumberton. That would make total sense. If you have never made the playoffs, I suppose you wouldn't understand why it means something.

It's funny, though. Lumberton folks sure were excited about the prospect of a playoff berth until it became clear that they were still the worst team in the district. Did they really think a title run was in their cards? There was never a chance - nor is there likely a title run in their future for another decade at best.

Why try, then?

Well we have been in the playoffs more than Lumberton. A little surprised by Lumberton downing our area. When we should be supporting each other. This is why you all will be year end and out at the bottom. Come down to 2A we need a easy week in our district.

What an absolutely moronic post. Are you telling me that a team who goes 0-10 is equal to a team who goes 15-1 and loses the state title because "they both go home with nothing?"

Why does it matter that WO-S goes 10-0? If I have to explain it to you' date=' maybe you should be watching a different sport - like figure skating.

What do we have to show for it? We have some of the most respected and storied programs in the state.

Yes, a playoff team - for the most part - is better than the teams who stayed home. I say "for the most part" because there are times when another team has the same record but doesn't fit into the three slots. I'd say Nederland and LC-M were pretty much equal this year overall. But certainly they're better than Lumberton or Ozen this year.

You MUST be from Lumberton. That would make total sense. If you have never made the playoffs, I suppose you wouldn't understand why it means something.

It's funny, though. Lumberton folks sure were excited about the prospect of a playoff berth until it became clear that they were still the worst team in the district. Did they really think a title run was in their cards? There was never a chance - nor is there likely a title run in their future for another decade at best.

Why try, then?[/quote']

Well spoken, WOS92. Maybe that should clear it up for thestoop, I mean thescoop.

Taking a cheap shot at my Aggies, real smooth. You are a joke.

What school do you call your own?

Championships are usually the thing that is on your mind when you go into the playoffs, but to state that a playoff team is no better than a sit-at-home team is absolutely beyond stupid.

You didn't understand my previous post, did you? I can't "dumb it down" for you any more. I refuse.

Then which school is it? It matters because I don't believe you. I think you're probably from Lumberton. You have fewer than 20 posts and one of them is probably the most idiotic thing I've read on a board in a long time. It's time to establish some credibility.

What school do you follow?

just funny that the 2 schools i am hearing from is Nederland and WOS....the two teams that brag about making the playoffs year after year and bad mouth everyone else but never mention that in all the playoff appearance how many times did they CHOKE and go home...again you are no better than anyone else....

Scoop...To state that teams are no better then others if they don't win a State Championship is stupid. The teams that make the playoffs are obviously better then the ones that don't. The playoffs are for the better teams from each district to play teams across the state. Your team never makes it so you feel as if it doesn't mean anything if you don't win state. But maybe the teams that make that playoffs consistently, always beat your team because they get the extra games each year in the playoffs.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder