Brock Pryor #55 Nederland Bulldogs Sophomore Highlights

Pretty impressive. Problem is most of what I saw was because of a line stunt and he happens to be right where the play is run. Wish him the best of luck and he does look like a good athelete. One other thing I would like to add is that most of the competition that I saw him playing against was average at best.

I am not trying to put 20-4a down at all but be real, all of those highlights are just that, highlights. Any player, anywhere, can take certain plays from certain games and make a "heisman trophy" type video. I also saw that there were plays against WO-S in the highlight video. As I recall Nederland lost that game to a 3-A school. So, no it is not about 20-4A. Once again, I see a talented young man who is just a Sophmore and has a lot of potential. If you want to make a college scholorship plea for the player (or your son) I think you should do it on a college scouting web site not here.

I put it on here for 2 reasons, 1 you never know who may take a look at it and want to keep an eye on him. 2 to get some constructive criticism  that we can use to make him a better player. I am also just Proud of my son and what he has done so far,but as they say you're only as good as you're next play. So please we want the good ,bad and ugly it is the only way to improve and learn not only as a player but as a young man. Brock is not the only good defensive player Nederland will have next year but the front 7 will be something to watch with 9 of 11 returning starters. GO DOGS!! DIDBA on the way!

Guest Penny
[quote name="78Stang" post="1001675" timestamp="1303594742"]
Pretty impressive. Problem is most of what I saw was because of a line stunt and he happens to be right where the play is run. Wish him the best of luck and he does look like a good athelete. One other thing I would like to add is that most of the competition that I saw him playing against was average at best.
[/quote]

This has to be one of the most ridiculous posts in a while.  Most of highlights I saw were him whipping double teams and running sideline to sideline makeing plays from his defensive TACKLE position.  Ramming blockers into the backfield, rushing the passer, running down qb's and rb's... I'll say it again, from his defensive TACKLE position.  Maybe the wrong video came up when you clicked the link?

[quote name="phunter308" post="1001790" timestamp="1303653220"]
I put it on here for 2 reasons, 1 you never know who may take a look at it and want to keep an eye on him. 2 to get some constructive criticism  that we can use to make him a better player. I am also just Proud of my son and what he has done so far,but as they say you're only as good as you're next play. So please we want the good ,bad and ugly it is the only way to improve and learn not only as a player but as a young man. Brock is not the only good defensive player Nederland will have next year but the front 7 will be something to watch with 9 of 11 returning starters. GO DOGS!! DIDBA on the way!
[/quote]

I think your son is a very good player and to be a sophomore he'll definately be signing a letter of intent on february 2nd of his senior year. Im sure 78stang is the father to one of those offensive linemen your 15-16 son is embarrassing. Lol

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name="78Stang" post="1001675" timestamp="1303594742"]
[/quote]

That boy was making the competition look average.

Wow! Alot of positives on this kids as he is only a Sophmore. He is explosive off the line, stays low and ALWAYS knows where the ball is! I lost count of how many times he got double teamed, and still made the tackle. His motor seems to be going pretty quick and Im sure he will do nothing short of improving his game!

[quote name="phunter308" post="1001790" timestamp="1303653220"]
[/quote]

Brock is a beast and he is one to keep an eye one. 

Anyone who would knock this kid because it's a highlight reel, doesn't know this is what future coaches look at.

All college coaches get to see are players playing against state champs and must view the entire game.....duh.

Good going Brock.

I am not the father of any kid that played against this player. I have no kids in high school, they graduated a few years back. So, no, I have no agenda. My point remains the same, he looks like a good athelete but please dont think for one minute that these few highlight clips are what sells a kid to college coaches. I know that for sure. Now if you would please let me see several films of ENTIRE games, then I could make a true judgment of his potential. That is what a college scout will do to grade any high school player.

[quote name="78Stang" post="1001768" timestamp="1303619817"]
I am not trying to put 20-4a down at all but be real, all of those highlights are just that, highlights. Any player, anywhere, can take certain plays from certain games and make a "heisman trophy" type video. I also saw that there were plays against WO-S in the highlight video. As I recall Nederland lost that game to a 3-A school. So, no it is not about 20-4A. Once again, I see a talented young man who is just a Sophmore and has a lot of potential. If you want to make a college scholorship plea for the player (or your son) I think you should do it on a college scouting web site not here.
[/quote]

Why are you hatin' so much 78 Stang? Did you also notice how this kid was either double or triple teamed on a lot of these plays? Did you also see where he is just a sophomore?? Does it really matter if his TEAM won or lost that game? Have you ever heard anyone ever say...that team won the game b/c ONE defensive lineman? Why not just give the kid some credit?

I work with a man who shopped his kid around for scholarship purposes. He said that if you "wow" them with your highlight clips, then you might get scouted. Scouts can do extended game clips if wanted, but coaches put their faith in their scouts as to whether or not the kid is the real deal. If not, then why have the scout?

In these clips, one can see his ability to shed blocks, his quickness to the ball, and his never giving up on the play by making tackles downfield that were run away from him. Does this mean he will be in the NFL HOF? Who knows, but at least he should be given a look see at 16-17 years of age instead of negativity.

Guest Penny
[quote name="78Stang" post="1008972" timestamp="1305165410"]
I am not the father of any kid that played against this player. I have no kids in high school, they graduated a few years back. So, no, I have no agenda. My point remains the same, he looks like a good athelete but please dont think for one minute that these few highlight clips are what sells a kid to college coaches. I know that for sure. Now if you would please let me see several films of ENTIRE games, then I could make a true judgment of his potential. That is what a college scout will do to grade any high school player.
[/quote]

So you're telling me that you can't judge his POTENTIAL by watching this highlight reel?  You serious or are you joking? 

Coach's want to see the actual game films. They want to see how the player does throughout the whole game. Highlights are made to show just that highlights, but these or the tapes that can catch the attention of scouts and coaches. There providing the potential to be scouted,recruited or at least asked for the game films. This particular tape was made by Official Player Watch after Brock attended a combine hosted by them. It is only defense and does not show him playing special teams on Xtra points and field goal attempts. Stang if you would like to evaluate game tapes I would  be glad to make you a copy of each . Like I said before we need all input to be a better player. GO DOGS!!!!

[quote name="phunter308" post="1011370" timestamp="1305528683"]
Coach's want to see the actual game films. They want to see how the player does throughout the whole game. Highlights are made to show just that highlights, but these or the tapes that can catch the attention of scouts and coaches. There providing the potential to be scouted,recruited or at least asked for the game films. This particular tape was made by Official Player Watch after Brock attended a combine hosted by them. It is only defense and does not show him playing special teams on Xtra points and field goal attempts. Stang if you would like to evaluate game tapes I would  be glad to make you a copy of each . Like I said before we need all input to be a better player. GO DOGS!!!!
[/quote]I had a great time last year watching Brock... As far as the hateing ..It will only get worst trust me I know..But tell Brock to keep doing what he does (FEARLESS FOOTBALL) and he will be fine...I will be keeping a eye on you guys next year...Good luck ...I know Trev will miss it but I want ;)

• 3 weeks later...
Brock is workn o his foot speed to lower his 40 as well as put on some size. He just got back from U of Houston and was a true 6'1" at 263lbs. Hope to be close to 6'2 and 270-275 by 2 a days. Thanks again for all the help keep it comin.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder