WOS 42 BC 6 Final/Comments

Dishon was fine. He was down for a minute but only missed one play, and that was when the refs told him he had to sit out one play. Earl Thomas hurt his leg and missed some time, but seemed to be OK.

Stats:

Total Yards:

WO-S: 496

BC: 148

Rushing:

WO-S: 386 (5 TDs)

BC: 148 (1 TD)

Passing:

WO-S: 13-18-1, 110 yards (1 TD)

BC: 0-8-1 (0 TD)

First downs:

WO-S: 29

BC: 6

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Final WOS 42 BC 6

I see the stangs showing out!! Kirbyville want to play you guys again so bad they can taste it. None of that 46-16 crap. They coming to play this time trust me. The last time Kirbyville played. Hazelwood, Booker and Everett was absent in this game. They are back now. Wos is a well coached football team, but so is Kirbyville. Our weakness was at defense and really starting to improve. Our defense have a bunch of sophmores and they are looking a whole lot better from earlier in the season. Should be a great game to watch if Kirbyville/Wos meet up.

Guest GoStangs

If you all win and get to play WOS, it won't be until the 4th round of the playoffs. Hopefully, both teams can get that far, but they have an awful lot of very good teams to play between now and then.

dishon was never run over by earl...he ran into another one of our players. now wo-s won the game fair and square..congrats guys. you have a very excellent football team and what im about to beef about would never change the outcome of the game. but you cant tell me what we did to give you guys first and goal in the 1st quarter was pass interference..and you cannot tell me that earl thomas did not push off on his about 35 yard reception. if thats not a push off then i want to know what is. and i also thought wo-s running a fake punt on 4th and 18 w/ 4 minutes left in the game was pretty much a classless slap in the face. especially since they had backups in on 1st and 2nd down and on third and long put in bevil, franks, and thomas back in and chunk it deep trying to score. and hey birdman the reason we didnt have any contain is because the slot receiver cracked the ends all night and left the safeties unblocked...8 yards downfield..good coaching move by wo-s. and seriously i hope you guys win sate..i really do. goodluck guys

dishon was never run over by earl...he ran into another one of our players. now wo-s won the game fair and square..congrats guys. you have a very excellent football team and what im about to beef about would never change the outcome of the game. but you cant tell me what we did to give you guys first and goal in the 1st quarter was pass interference..and you cannot tell me that earl thomas did not push off on his about 35 yard reception. if thats not a push off then i want to know what is. and i also thought wo-s running a fake punt on 4th and 18 w/ 4 minutes left in the game was pretty much a classless slap in the face. especially since they had backups in on 1st and 2nd down and on third and long put in bevil' date=' franks, and thomas back in and chunk it deep trying to score. and hey birdman the reason we didnt have any contain is because the slot receiver cracked the ends all night and left the safeties unblocked...8 yards downfield..good coaching move by wo-s. and seriously i hope you guys win sate..i really do. goodluck guys[/quote']

first off, thanks for calling wos "classless". as far as pass interference, the bc defender was on earl thomas back. the penalty occured right in front of the referee. the mustangs played a great game. it's a new season now and in the playoffs you can't take anyone lightly. anyway thanks mustangs for playing hard every friday night. i can promise you your efforts are greatly appreciated by your fans at wos.

dishon was never run over by earl...he ran into another one of our players. now wo-s won the game fair and square..congrats guys. you have a very excellent football team and what im about to beef about would never change the outcome of the game. but you cant tell me what we did to give you guys first and goal in the 1st quarter was pass interference..and you cannot tell me that earl thomas did not push off on his about 35 yard reception. if thats not a push off then i want to know what is. and i also thought wo-s running a fake punt on 4th and 18 w/ 4 minutes left in the game was pretty much a classless slap in the face. especially since they had backups in on 1st and 2nd down and on third and long put in bevil' date=' franks, and thomas back in and chunk it deep trying to score. and hey birdman the reason we didnt have any contain is because the slot receiver cracked the ends all night and left the safeties unblocked...8 yards downfield..good coaching move by wo-s. and seriously i hope you guys win sate..i really do. goodluck guys[/quote']

BC, being the usual sore losers. If Wo-s was classless then they would have scored on you again at the end of the game instead of kneeling on the ball and the possession before that, they wouldn't have ran nothing but running plays to their third string running back to try and keep from scoring on you. Don't blame a team for throwing the ball when it was forth and long, blame your team for giving up and not trying to stop it.

First off, the BC defender was riding on the receiver's back on the PI call. It was as blatant as I've seen in a while. If that wasn't pass interference, I don't know what is. If you're talking about Earl's reception in the fourth quarter, he stepped in front of the defender. It would be tough to push a defender who is behind you. You can blame refs, pushoffs, etc, but the fact of the matter is that BC only could muster 148 total yards in 48 minutes - including a 54-yard run. Meanwhile, WO-S rolled up almost 500 total yards.

As far as the refs go, they missed the fact that BC was jumping a half step early on about 25 percent of their plays.

Is there a chance that we'll need to run a fake punt at some point in the playoffs? Probably. The fact that we pretty much ran out the clock after that shows that we weren't going for more blood - which we certainly could have drawn if we had so chosen.

If you can't see it that way, then see it this way: This is football, punkin. Toughen up and stop it if you don't want to get "slapped in the face."

Get over it. I thought it was a pretty clean game by both sides. Both teams were good sports.

You need to be thankful the officials only called about one out of five false starts the Cardinals committed. I don't know if Thomas pushed off or not on that reception, but I know that bc defender was all over him on that defensive interference. bc lost the game for the same reason they always lose to WO-S. They were outplayed. It is simple as that.

Not sure how long you've been around football, but anytime you run through a receiver trying to get to the ball, it's PI. That's what happened, don't try to argue it. You were on the other side of the field, it happened right in front of us and it was a good call. It' amazing that you can see a push off from across the field, but you can't see the PI. I think that's called rose colored glasses.

I thought the BC kids played with a lot of heart and there was some really good sportsmanship going on down on the field. Dishon is a class act and we were all holding our breath when he went down. The kids got a bright future, wouldn't want to see anything happen to him on the last game of the season.

..... It' amazing that you can see a push off from across the field' date=' but you can't see the PI. [b']I think that's called rose colored glasses.....

Reading this and other threads in many forums, there is a lot of that going on. A lot just depends on which side of the field you are viewing it from.

Going for it on 4th and 18 with 4 minutes left' date=' up 42-6, I think I would have to question the motive there. I understand the logic of " working on something for the future" but that is a little rubbing it in, don't you think?[/quote']

We has our backups in the game, what few we have. If we really wanted to rub it in, we could kept our starters in. It was 4th and 18, if they could stop a running play, that's there problem.

WO-S is no doubt the best team we faced all year and is one of the best if not the best team in this entire area. They have so many weapons that they can use, i cant see why they dont atleast get to the semi-finals and if they doubt it will be because of a serious upset. now the talk about bc being usual sore losers i have to talk about that. first of bc finished with a winning season of 6-4 where our season very well could have went 1-9 or 0-10 becuase of all the close encounters we had, but prevailed with victory. Now as for the push off from earl, i can understand the wos guys taking up for their team, i mean who would not, but the eye in the sky does not lie, and the bc defender was not "all of over him" he was clearing running with number 12, and got shoved down by his shoulder pads, i have seen the film and i know. however that play was not a deciding factor. i believe bc came out with intensity and MAYBE even shocked a couple of the wos people with two turnovers. We may have gained some respect and then WO-S decided to step it up to their amazing level of play. Now for the fake punt, who knows if Hooks did call that fake punt, maybe number 3, was just playing the game of football and decided to call his own number to get the first, because it was Senior Night for them, and they wanted to remember that game forever. Was it classy, thats your own opinion, i believe after the game each team was classy as all the bc kids wished them luck on the playoffs, and wos said they would represent our district well. Even the coaches were classy and i had one wos coach congratulate me on a well played season. WO-S i wish the best of luck to you and hope ya'll win state, and i had a great and fun season this year with the cardinals. Just one more thing, did that game seem extremely long to anyone?

WO-S is no doubt the best team we faced all year and is one of the best if not the best team in this entire area. They have so many weapons that they can use' date=' i cant see why they dont atleast get to the semi-finals and if they doubt it will be because of a serious upset. now the talk about bc being usual sore losers i have to talk about that. first of bc finished with a winning season of 6-4 where our season very well could have went 1-9 or 0-10 becuase of all the close encounters we had, but prevailed with victory. Now as for the push off from earl, i can understand the wos guys taking up for their team, i mean who would not, but the eye in the sky does not lie, and the bc defender was not "all of over him" he was clearing running with number 12, and got shoved down by his shoulder pads, i have seen the film and i know. however that play was not a deciding factor. i believe bc came out with intensity and MAYBE even shocked a couple of the wos people with two turnovers. We may have gained some respect and then WO-S decided to step it up to their amazing level of play. Now for the fake punt, who knows if Hooks did call that fake punt, maybe number 3, was just playing the game of football and decided to call his own number to get the first, because it was Senior Night for them, and they wanted to remember that game forever. Was it classy, thats your own opinion, i believe after the game each team was classy as all the bc kids wished them luck on the playoffs, and wos said they would represent our district well. Even the coaches were classy and i had one wos coach congratulate me on a well played season. WO-S i wish the best of luck to you and hope ya'll win state, and i had a great and fun season this year with the cardinals. Just one more thing, did that game seem extremely long to anyone?[/quote']

Well said, young man, well said. :wink: You're a class act - and so is your parents. BC had a good season, unfortunately not as good as other teams in the district. This year's group of seniors really deserve a lot of respect for working together through a lot of distractions, and completing the season with a winning record.

Best of luck to you, T. And tell "Tay-Tay" I said hello. You guys make a good pair.

If I were a senior on WOS, and playing on senior night and the last home game of the season at my stadium, I would want to win by as large a margin as possible. WOS showcased an enormous amount of talent while conducting themselves in a respectful manner, as far as I could see. Getting caught up in whether a refs call was accurate is useless. Every now and then they miss one, and whther or not it was the case here is a non-issue anyway.

I sat through the entire game and watched every play. The show put oin by WOS was awesome entertainment and made for some great highlights footage. The way they run the reverse with a sort of "non-chalante" flip out is so smooth, but only one of the many things that made the game worth watching.

I felt bad for BC, but in the end, we should all embrace the Mustangs and be proud to have this kind of representation from the area going to the playoffs.

and the bc defender was not "all of over him"

He's not talking about the supposed "push-off" play, but the play in the end zone when BC was called for interference. On that play, the defender was indeed all over him.

Great season, Cards. See you guys next year and hopefully some of you on the road in a week or so.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder