1A District meet in Kountze tomo morning

[quote name="Sportz-Fanatic" post="993393" timestamp="1302050079"]
Anyone have a list of this district meet.
I know a few teams like:
Burkeville
High Island
Martinsville

Anyone have full list?? ???
[/quote]

Burkeville, High Island, Martinsville, Spurger, Chester, Goodrich, Chireno, Leggett, Centerville, Apple Springs were the schools competing yesterday

Will post them as soon as possible.  

Boys final team totals:

High Island  138
Goodrich    123
Burkeville    119

There was a mess up in the paperwork.  They had Burkeville winning the 4x200, when High Island won it.  This decreased Burkeville's point total by 4.

Girls final team standing

High Island        112.5
Chester            108
Goodrich            92.5
Martinsville        60
Leggett              50
Chireno              46
Apple Springs      43
Burkeville          28
Centerville        19
Spurger              9

Team title came down to the mile relay (just like it should).  High Island was 2nd, Chester was 4th.  High Island was made up of mostly freshman and sophmores

[quote name="H.I._Cardinals" post="994457" timestamp="1302223801"]
He ran a 41.8, but that was into about a 10-15 mph wind on the home stretch.  If its good conditions next week he will run a 39.  He ran 40.3 last week with no one pushing him.
[/quote]
State bound!! You guys always have fast people in hurdle races! Didnt you guys have a kid make it to state last year in 110hurdles?

High Island
Chester             
Goodrich           
Martinsville       
Leggett             
Chireno             
Apple Springs     
Burkeville           
Centerville         
Spurger       

Does anyone know why the above schools were grouped as a "District" participating in kountze and the following more "local" schools below were grouped in a "district" that competed in Zavala.

West Hardin
Evadale
Sabine Pass

I know for me it was 70 miles one way (for 2 days) to Zavala, not to mention we passed several of those schools coming all the way here where as Zavala would have been in their back yard as Kountze would have been for the latter 3 schools. Not much consideration on UIL's part.

[quote name="Craig S" post="994515" timestamp="1302265008"]
High Island
Chester             
Goodrich           
Martinsville       
Leggett             
Chireno             
Apple Springs     
Burkeville           
Centerville         
Spurger       

Does anyone know why the above schools were grouped as a "District" participating in kountze and the following more "local" schools below were grouped in a "district" that competed in Zavala.

West Hardin
Evadale
Sabine Pass

I know for me it was 70 miles one way (for 2 days) to Zavala, not to mention we passed several of those schools coming all the way here where as Zavala would have been in their back yard as Kountze would have been for the latter 3 schools. Not much consideration on UIL's part.

[/quote]
Because the first group you mentioned is in the small school district and the other group is in the big school district

[quote name="1880" post="994533" timestamp="1302269404"]
[quote author=Craig S link=topic=82780.msg994515#msg994515 date=1302265008]
High Island
Chester             
Goodrich           
Martinsville       
Leggett             
Chireno             
Apple Springs     
Burkeville           
Centerville         
Spurger       

West Hardin
Evadale
Sabine Pass

[/quote]
Because the first group you mentioned is in the small school district and the other group is in the big school district
[/quote]

AH....Ok...makes sense, new to the 1A world....3A competes in the same district in ALL sports. Another adjustment with 1A is just about every sport has different teams in its district....due to schools not having ALL of the sports....thanks again...Im learning

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder