Beaumont Kelly Coaching Situation/Clint Hartsfield hired as new HC

Guest incognito123

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="wwball" post="1024137" timestamp="1310522760"]
Legacy Christian might have just gotten stronger...
[/quote]

Maybe one day Legacy will give up their pipe dream of being on an equal level athletically as Kelly. It will never happen. Three years ago when Legacy supposedly had their "best basketball team ever" with Patereau and company they came to Kelly and got housed. This year Legacy was supposed to have to their best Junior High group ever and lost by close to 40 in Football and 20 + in Basketball, and the second game they played in basketball well we wont even get into that. Legacy could hire Tony Dungy and they still aren't beating Kelly. Make the call and schedule the game if you want you're shot.

Yeah dont be to quick to judge, I know this man personally and he is a good coach, but better yet is a good christian man with high values that will treat not only the football players but also all athletes with respcet they deserve. He will also demand respect from them. He will also care about all the girls programs as well and will visit the feeder schools like they have not been in the past. He want make empty promises and he will not be a puppet on a string to anyone, I can guarantee you that. He may be friends with alot of people but I can a sure you he is no member to any clique. And he will tell you how he feels no matter who you are in a heartbeat. Give him a chance.

[quote name="jacf" post="1024149" timestamp="1310524851"]
Yeah dont be to quick to judge, I know this man personally and he is a good coach, but better yet is a good christian man with high values that will treat not only the football players but also all athletes with respcet they deserve. He will also demand respect from them. He will also care about all the girls programs as well and will [b]visit the feeder schools like they have not been in the past.[/b] He want make empty promises and he will not be a puppet on a string to anyone, I can guarantee you that. He may be friends with alot of people but I can a sure you he is no member to any clique. And he will tell you how he feels no matter who you are in a heartbeat. Give him a chance.
[/quote]

Thats a huge deal and something thats been missing

Guest baseball25
This just shows you that kelly can careless about football, you can have all the answer and great comments but hes a junior high coach and has never been a head coach at this level and he can know all the kids all he wants but kids change when they get older!!! Running a middle school program doesnt even compare to running a high school one!!

Guest twag11
[quote name="basketball25" post="1024155" timestamp="1310525755"]
This just shows you that kelly can careless about football, you can have all the answer and great comments but hes a junior high coach and has never been a head coach at this level and he can know all the kids all he wants but kids change when they get older!!! Running a middle school program doesnt even compare to running a high school one!!
[/quote]How about you stop bashing the man without having any knowledge of him at St Anne he ran a very impressive football program beating MANY schools much larger in enrollment than what St Anne has he consistently has good teams and knows the game of football. You are also ignorant to say "hes a junior high coach and has never been a head coach at this level" considering every coach has to get their first high school job at sometime. Give him a chance instead of bashing him.

Guest baseball25
Calm down lol i have my opinion and i am sticking to it yeah everyone has to start some where but come on u had  haynes and henry that are both good coaches that  know how to build programs, atleast give it to.rabb and let this coach work under him for a couple of years to get the feel for things and like i said before i hope hes successful!!

Thanks for the point about Coach Rabb, and I will confirm that.  He didn't want the job.  On a surface level, it does seem that more experienced candidates should have been hired.  But again, that is the surface level. Those involved in the hiring process obviously went under the surface and found the person that fits in best with the overall situation at Kelly.

To say the folks at Kelly could care less about the football program, that's being ignorant.  To say Coach Hartsfield is in no way, shape, or form ready for the varsity level, we shall see.  He is very well in tuned with the situation at Kelly and their athletes, that's for sure.  As for "French" and his remark about being in the "click", another ignorant statement.  I would guess that those who are legitimate "click" folks at Kelly may be among those disappointed with not taking a more experienced candidate. Obviously, this decision went to another level that many did not consider.  Time will tell on this one.  Good luck, Coach Hartsfield.

Guest twag11
[quote name="basketball25" post="1024160" timestamp="1310526682"]
Calm down lol i have my opinion and i am sticking to it yeah everyone has to start some where but come on u had  haynes and henry that are both good coaches that  know how to build programs, atleast give it to.rabb and let this coach work under him for a couple of years to get the feel for things and like i said before i hope hes successful!!
[/quote]I'm not mad or anything. No calming down needing I just think your making assumptions that have no basis.

I wish the man well. I doubt anyone here wants to see him fal.  It is just strange to move a junior high coach to. Head C/ AD position.  I could even see having another coach there as AD and interim HC for the 1st year.  Most HS Head C have coached on the varsity leve.  Been a coordinator, etc.  Best of luck.

Anyone have knowledge of the stats of middle school coach to AD jump in Tx?

Clearly, the school/booster club wanted someone to hit the ground running, as Kelly has 17 returning starters from last year.  Many of whom, are seniors.  There is not time to get a new system up and running, or have an outsider become familiar with his talent.  Hartsfield has run this system with these players before.  Also, he has worked closely with the Kelly program and is familiar with the school/athletic system within the Diocese.  Lastly, he still has many of the assistants from last year to help him out, should he get in over his head temporarily.

Good choice for a program who's time is now.

[quote name="bmtball" post="1024233" timestamp="1310565575"]
Clearly, the school/booster club wanted someone to hit the ground running, as Kelly has 17 returning starters from last year.  Many of whom, are seniors.  There is not time to get a new system up and running, or have an outsider become familiar with his talent.  Hartsfield has run this system with these players before.  Also, he has worked closely with the Kelly program and is familiar with the school/athletic system within the Diocese.  Lastly, he still has many of the assistants from last year to help him out, should he get in over his head temporarily.

[/quote]

Good point.

Guest twag11
[quote name="bmtball" post="1024233" timestamp="1310565575"]

[/quote]I agree very good point.

[quote name="adminbaberuth" post="1024322" timestamp="1310583156"]
Any leading candidate for the Baseball position?
[/quote]
I know Sam Moore applied for the job and met with Coach Long.  However, with the new AD, who knows.

If Hartsfield wanted to make a strong statement, early, he would hire a baseball guy, with deep local roots, and a history of baseball success.  Like Sam.

By and large, Kelly has good coaches in all their sports.  But the baseball opening is a great opportunity for the new AD to make a statement and put his mark on the school's athletics.

[quote name="Kelly Basketball" post="1024146" timestamp="1310524353"]
[quote author=wwball link=topic=82503.msg1024137#msg1024137 date=1310522760]
Legacy Christian might have just gotten stronger...
[/quote]

Maybe one day Legacy will give up their pipe dream of being on an equal level athletically as Kelly. It will never happen. Three years ago when Legacy supposedly had their "best basketball team ever" with Patereau and company they came to Kelly and got housed. This year Legacy was supposed to have to their best Junior High group ever and lost by close to 40 in Football and 20 + in Basketball, and the second game they played in basketball well we wont even get into that. Legacy could hire Tony Dungy and they still aren't beating Kelly. Make the call and schedule the game if you want you're shot.
[/quote]
Man, I don't know what to say to all that but "Wow"

I love Clint, he's great with kids.....but this has me scratching my head a little...

offensively,been 12 years since he callled more than 2 or 3 pass plays a game--defensively--they will smash your mouth

as for Sgt. Rey and his misspelled "click" ::)...long?stump?theriot?...

Guest sly0071
Sgt Rey is the same poster that was bashing the Beaumont Bulldogs youth football program(which uses Kelly facilities) in a thread that got pulled. 

Guest twag11
[quote name="bobbymcgee" post="1024452" timestamp="1310605968"]
[quote author=adminbaberuth link=topic=82503.msg1024322#msg1024322 date=1310583156]
Any leading candidate for the Baseball position?
[/quote]

I bet the T-ball coach of the West End Little League has a great shot at this one if Kelly goes in line with the recent hire
[/quote]A little bit of a exaggeration.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder