Beaumont Kelly Coaching Situation/Clint Hartsfield hired as new HC

Guest incognito123

Guest incognito123
I heard yesterday that Larry Haynes of Hardin is leaving to take a job at Beaumont Kelly.  I find this hard to believe and frankly choose not to believe it until I hear otherwise.  Has anyone else heard this, and if so, is there any truth to this?  

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="incognito123" post="991071" timestamp="1301594321"]
I heard yesterday that Larry Haynes of Hardin is leaving to take a job at Beaumont Kelly.  I find this hard to believe and frankly choose not to believe it until I hear otherwise.  Has anyone else heard this, and if so, is there any truth to this? 
[/quote]I havent heard a thing about this.

[quote name="incognito123" post="991071" timestamp="1301594321"]
I heard yesterday that Larry Haynes of Hardin is leaving to take a job at Beaumont Kelly.  I find this hard to believe and frankly choose not to believe it until I hear otherwise.  Has anyone else heard this, and if so, is there any truth to this? 
[/quote]

I'm sure that Mike Long is a bit surprised to hear that.

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="991103" timestamp="1301599141"]
[quote author=incognito123 link=topic=82503.msg991071#msg991071 date=1301594321]
[/quote]

I'm sure that Mike Long is a bit surprised to hear that.
[/quote] :D

Guest baseball25
What nonsense....where do you people get your information?  Haynes has been at Hardin going on 5 years. He and his wife graduated from Hardin.  He is also working for a superintendent that was his coach at Hardin.  You people post this stuff about Haynes every year. I know for a fact that he is not coming to Kelly....plus the job isn't even open. Check your source and quit writing unfounded gossip.

Guest EagleFan01
[quote name="basketball25" post="991352" timestamp="1301665388"]
What nonsense....where do you people get your information?  Haynes has been at Hardin going on 5 years. He and his wife graduated from Hardin.  He is also working for a superintendent that was his coach at Hardin.  You people post this stuff about Haynes every year. I know for a fact that he is not coming to Kelly....plus the job isn't even open. Check your source and quit writing unfounded gossip.
[/quote]

Take it easy brother he was just asking if there was any truth in this thats all. Calm down

Guest incognito123
[/quote]

I am guessing he took all of that into account when he applied for the Barbers Hill and Cleveland jobs?  To act like he has no interest in leaving is "nonsense", as you put it.  I was just asking about what I heard.  Take it easy

Guest BOBCAT
[/quote]

Don you go rounin roun to re ro !

[quote name="BOBCAT" post="992281" timestamp="1301840027"]
[quote author=basketball25 link=topic=82503.msg991352#msg991352 date=1301665388]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Evidently, Snook's twin brother.

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="992324" timestamp="1301851584"]
[quote author=BOBCAT link=topic=82503.msg992281#msg992281 date=1301840027]
[quote author=basketball25 link=topic=82503.msg991352#msg991352 date=1301665388]
[/quote]

[/quote]Lol

Evidently, Snook's twin brother.
[/quote]

Guest BOBCAT
[quote name="BOBCAT" post="992281" timestamp="1301840027"]
[/quote]

[/quote]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RJfHIg9iTQ

WOW!!  The unfounded gossip sheriff!!    LOL!!!!      ;D

quote author=basketball25 link=topic=82503.msg991352#msg991352 date=1301665388]
[/quote]

• 2 months later...
Guest incognito123
ttt....from march 31st.  Seems the Haynes/Long/Kelly converstions have been going on for roughly 3 months.  I'm sure someone at Kelly would take exception with the fact that Long has been talking about leaving this long and hasn't informed anyone.

Of course, all this is speculation, but where there is smoke.......

[quote name="incognito123" post="1021407" timestamp="1309409380"]
ttt....from march 31st.  Seems the Haynes/Long/Kelly converstions have been going on for roughly 3 months.  I'm sure someone at Kelly would take exception with the fact that Long has been talking about leaving this long and hasn't informed anyone.

Of course, all this is speculation, but where there is smoke.......
[/quote]

Actually, I think a number of Kelly people were aware of his desire to end his career in the public school system, so he could qualify for TRS retirement.  Perhaps, just not now, given his returning class is a strong one on both sides of the ball.  Plus the freshman class coming in to Kelly next fall will be an athletic one in several sports.

I can't remember if it was last year or the year before, he was one of the candidates who applied for the Orangefield job.  So we were aware he was on the lookout.

EVERYONE at Kelly knew Coach Long was going to leave at some point to get his retirement, the question was whether he was going to try and get his Diocese of Beaumont retirement as well. I just think if your not familiar with the Kelly community and program you shouldnt be talking about it.

bmtball, your def right Kelly has a good deal of senior talent, and the incoming freshman are the most talented class to come through since well this years senior class.

Guest incognito123
[quote name="Kelly Basketball" post="1021543" timestamp="1309459203"]
EVERYONE at Kelly knew Coach Long was going to leave at some point to get his retirement, the question was whether he was going to try and get his Diocese of Beaumont retirement as well. I just think if your not familiar with the Kelly community and program you shouldnt be talking about it.

bmtball, your def right Kelly has a good deal of senior talent, and the incoming freshman are the most talented class to come through since well this years senior class.
[/quote]

This is public forum so I will discuss the "Kelly community" if I please.  My point is that there are kids that play ball at Kelly.  Kids that were counting on their coach to be there, not to drop them in July for a public school assistant job so that he can get his "retirement".  He could've done this earlier, since this has been his plan (according to you), in order for them to have more time to find a suitable replacement.  That is all I am saying.  Seems kind of disloyal to the players who have been loyal to Long. 

well with all the budget uncertainty with Texas public schools I bet Long was waiting to make sure the hiring would be official. No reason for him to jump ship and then not have the job he is leaving for work out because of budget reasons. Keep that in mind before bashing him.

[quote name="incognito123" post="1021620" timestamp="1309474666"]
[quote author=Kelly Basketball link=topic=82503.msg1021543#msg1021543 date=1309459203]

[/quote]

This is public forum so I will discuss the "Kelly community" if I please.  My point is that there are kids that play ball at Kelly.  Kids that were counting on their coach to be there, not to drop them in July for a public school assistant job so that he can get his "retirement".  He could've done this earlier, since this has been his plan (according to you), in order for them to have more time to find a suitable replacement.  That is all I am saying.  Seems kind of disloyal to the players who have been loyal to Long. 
[/quote]
Coaches leave all over the state of Texas.  Players loyal to Long?....no.  Loyal to Kelly?....sure. 

Good for Coach Long.  Best wishes for Kelly. They will find a Coach that will want to "move" there.

[quote name="the sports guy" post="1021766" timestamp="1309531075"]
[quote author=incognito123 link=topic=82503.msg1021620#msg1021620 date=1309474666]
[quote author=Kelly Basketball link=topic=82503.msg1021543#msg1021543 date=1309459203]

[/quote]

[/quote]
Coaches leave all over the state of Texas.  Players loyal to Long?....no.  Loyal to Kelly?....sure. 

Good for Coach Long.  Best wishes for Kelly. They will find a Coach that will want to "move" there.
[/quote]

Exactly, Kelly players are there playing for Kelly. And discuss Kelly all you want but don't spout off your opinions of what the Kelly community and players think.

[quote name="Kelly Basketball" post="1021816" timestamp="1309538627"]
[quote author=the sports guy link=topic=82503.msg1021766#msg1021766 date=1309531075]
[quote author=incognito123 link=topic=82503.msg1021620#msg1021620 date=1309474666]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Exactly, Kelly players are there playing for Kelly. And discuss Kelly all you want but don't spout off your opinions of what the Kelly community and players think.
[/quote]i'm pretty sure you "spout off" on anything you want to on this forum as long as it is within the rules of the site.

Coach Long wanted to stay at Kelly as long as he could.  Great Man!  He is leaving to be closer to his family.  He is blessed to be able to work as an Assistant at a school closer to his parents and work toward retirement.  He has been exceptional at Kelly and toward the community. 

I was the President of the Beaumont Bulls Youth FB League when they played at Kelly, and he was a true inspiration.  He did everything he could for those young boys.  He also did the same for the Beaumont Bulldogs since they started playing there. 

As for as who will replace him, Good luck to that Coach, Kelly has alot of talent there and a ton of support from parents, fans, staff, and Ex Bulldogs. 

Good Luck Coach Long from the Dumas family

[quote name="spoonbill" post="1021879" timestamp="1309548660"]
[quote author=Kelly Basketball link=topic=82503.msg1021816#msg1021816 date=1309538627]
[quote author=the sports guy link=topic=82503.msg1021766#msg1021766 date=1309531075]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]i'm pretty sure you "spout off" on anything you want to on this forum as long as it is within the rules of the site.
[/quote]

What I'm saying is it's not fair to Coach Long, the Kelly players, and the community for an outsider to come on here and say what he thinks the Kelly players are feeling. As I've mentioned before every player on Kelly knew that at some point in time he was going to leave so it was not a huge surprise. There is no grudge being held or anything along those lines. Coach Long needed to be closer to his parents and the situation is what it is. No one is feeling betrayed.

No one is upset with Coach Long for leaving because he is such a fine person.  That said, to say it has been common knowledge among the Kelly community for months that he would be leaving is a stretch.  Only fairly recently did he know that he would be able to have an opportunity to be nearer to his apents.

[quote name="Roger Korby" post="1022016" timestamp="1309584392"]
No one is upset with Coach Long for leaving because he is such a fine person.  That said, to say it has been common knowledge among the Kelly community for months that he would be leaving is a stretch.  Only fairly recently did he know that he would be able to have an opportunity to be nearer to his apents.
[/quote]

You did not read what I said. I said it was common knowledge that Coach Long would leave at some point in time because he needed to complete his time in the public schools.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder