Beaumont Kelly Coaching Situation/Clint Hartsfield hired as new HC

Guest incognito123

[quote name="12gage" post="1134239" timestamp="1322568435"]
Two things that helped this guy out, first and most important al rabb is there, and next taaps is very week this year.
[/quote]

TAPPS is very weak this year? Relative to which time frame?  The three teams Kelly has beaten in the playoffs all have featured Division I signees or soon to be signees.  Dallas Bishop Dunne featured the #88 Rivals.com prospect, and Univ. of Texas commit, Alex Norman.  Last week, Kelly defeated the 2 time defending TAPPS state champs, which featured a 6' 9" 240 pound WR, who also is a Kansas basketball commit and a quarterback, Parker Ash, who is being heavily recruited as well.  Kelly has been consistently outsized in terms of numbers and also out sized in terms of height and weight, throughout the playoffs.

Ironically, this team has basically the same coaching staff and nucleus of players that last year's sub-.500 team had.  Yes, Coach Rabb is a vital part of this staff, but so is Coach Smith, Middleton, Knowles, et. al.  The team is winning because this group of players believes in themselves and has the guts, work ethic, and desire to never quit.  Is that a result of the coaches?  Who knows.  But the bottom line is wins baby.  Whether its the head coach, an assistant coach, or the players.  Who cares.  Whether Kelly wins it all or not, this group of young men have gone against tremendous odds to go to a place not many get to venture.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="bmtball" post="1134564" timestamp="1322593462"]
[quote author=12gage link=topic=82503.msg1134239#msg1134239 date=1322568435]
Two things that helped this guy out, first and most important al rabb is there, and next taaps is very week this year.
[/quote]

TAPPS is very weak this year? Relative to which time frame?  The three teams Kelly has beaten in the playoffs all have featured Division I signees or soon to be signees.  Dallas Bishop Dunne featured the #88 Rivals.com prospect, and Univ. of Texas commit, Alex Norman.  Last week, Kelly defeated the 2 time defending TAPPS state champs, which featured a 6' 9" 240 pound WR, who also is a Kansas basketball commit and a quarterback, Parker Ash, who is being heavily recruited as well.  Kelly has been consistently outsized in terms of numbers and also out sized in terms of height and weight, throughout the playoffs.

Ironically, this team has basically the same coaching staff and nucleus of players that last year's sub-.500 team had.  Yes, Coach Rabb is a vital part of this staff, but so is Coach Smith, Middleton, Knowles, et. al.  The team is winning because this group of players believes in themselves and has the guts, work ethic, and desire to never quit.  Is that a result of the coaches?  Who knows.  But the bottom line is wins baby.  Whether its the head coach, an assistant coach, or the players.  Who cares.  Whether Kelly wins it all or not, this group of young men have gone against tremendous odds to go to a place not many get to venture.
[/quote]This

I just can't believe that some of you "analysts" cant give Coach Hartsfield any credit. The comment about the division being weak is a classic example. If Kelly would have had a bad year, people would be calling for the coaches head. Instead your coach has lead you to a level you havent been in for a while and some people cant even give him an apology.

This thread is personal to me because Hartsfield is a close personal friend to me. I posted earlier on this topic as Shsucardinal. I worked for Clint a few years ago and I told you he would be great. Clint is a very good role model for the kids and he truly cares about his kids. Kelly got a good one and i hope they win it all.

[quote name="Wreckem2011" post="1135187" timestamp="1322627304"]
I just can't believe that some of you "analysts" cant give Coach Hartsfield any credit. The comment about the division being weak is a classic example. If Kelly would have had a bad year, people would be calling for the coaches head. Instead your coach has lead you to a level you havent been in for a while and some people cant even give him an apology.

This thread is personal to me because Hartsfield is a close personal friend to me. I posted earlier on this topic as Shsucardinal. I worked for Clint a few years ago and I told you he would be great. Clint is a very good role model for the kids and he truly cares about his kids. Kelly got a good one and i hope they win it all.
[/quote]

Clint is "good people"

I coached with Clint in Vidor several years ago.  He was always a very good X's and O's guy, but more than that, he gets every ounce of effort and talent out of his players.  Very similar to Jeff Mathews, the kids know that Clint loves them and they will run through walls for him.  He has earned everything he has ever gotten in the coaching profession and no one has worked harder for this type of opportunity than Clint.  Good luck and bring it home this weekend!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder