Vidor vs. Lumberton Boys Bi-District Match Thread/Lumberton wins/Comments

"BlueRaider" has just posted what may be the most rediculous, uneducated comment I have seen on these forums yet.  To suggest that the Vidor coach quit is a pathetic Vidor fan (yes "vidor fan" in disguise - possibly the same one that has been questioning the Vidor coach all year) trying to blame a specific person whom he doesn't like or aprove of.  It is too convenient that your 1st post comes at the end of the season AND unless you were sitting on the Vidor side there is no way you could have "heard" a vidor fan make a comment about starters. I am pretty sure that is not something some one yells out.  

I was at the game and no I am not a "fan" of either team.  I do respect both teams and both coaches.  I know Wedel and the man would no sooner quit the any other coach in the district.

The truth of what happened is simple....experience.  Lumberton was more fired up and emotionaly ready for the big game than Vidor.  Understand me well though.  The lack of emotional readiness has nothing to do with the coaching on Vidor's part.  It has to do with the fact that Vidor has about 10 starting underclassmen. The constant bashing of Wedel by you (and "another" person) is pathetic.  Give Lumberton and their coach credit for their intense play and readiness (which you would be doing if you were a true blue raider fan (you wouldn't take the time in your celebration to insult the Vidor coach) and give the Vidor team and their coach credit for a great season (almost unbelievable 2nd half of district comeback).  The Vidor team and coach are heart broken I am sure.  Don't be a jerk and kick a man when he is down.  These coaches are under constant seasonal pressure from fans like you.  Think about it.  Wherever you work, have someone look over your shoulder the entire time and make constant critical comments.  Seriously, truely think about that for one minute.  

Well said Never.  Blue Raider is in disguise.  What Vidor did the second half of district was impressive and nobody but the Brenham coach commented on it.  Like a coach I recently met.  Your only as good as the last game you have coached. However Wedel deserves credit for the turnaround of a young team. 

Guest Newbie
First off, congrats to Lumberton on the win.  I picked them.  I wasn't at the game but reading the comment about being down 3 and subbing out players, that is a coaching decision that many parents do not understand.  It depends on the tempo of the game and whether there is any chance your team could catch up, whether the other team is still taking shots on goal, whether you have younger players on the bench that could use the experience playing against a good team in a playoff match for next year.  Obviously, the coach did what he thought was best for the team.  I say, good job coach!  Vidor will be a better team next year for that.

First of all, congrats to Lumberton on a nice win.

I was at the game and enjoyed the action.  I concur with Never's post, and can't say it any better than what that post states.

It is idiotic to suggest that when one team beats another, that the losing team quit.

Wedel's track record speaks for itself.  He coached my son for two seasons. I have no complaints. And, my son is better person and player for the experience. Thank you, Coach Wedel.

Let the cowardly dog bark in the distance.  Those tiresome sounds will just blend into the background when the people striving forward finally achieve their goals.  

Wow guys, you seriously think I am that other guy? I didn't get to read his post but judging by what Never said, he was more critical than what I have been.  I have not ever personally attacked Coach Wedel and said he is just not trying.  Did I suggest a position change.... yes.  Do I think that we could have won a few more games had that happened.....yes.  He got upset over me posting my opinions, but I feel I have always been respectful to him and have never broken any of the boards rules.  I could never figure out why he cared so much about what I put on here to begin with.  I have never said he is a bad coach.  A matter a fact, I have said several times that he is a good coach.  Coaches are not perfect and will make mistakes.  Everyone does.  We don't have to agree with everything they do, and if we don't agree it doesn't mean we hate them.....  I think he played his boys where he thought was best and that is great.  A good coach isn't going to rearrange his team over what a fan puts on a message board.  I have a different opinion, that doesn't even matter.  Coach Wedel is definitely a better coach than some of the other soccer coaches that Vidor has had in the past.  The game last night was unfortunate and like ya'll said earlier, it didn't seem like the boys were in it.  They were not mentally prepared for the game.  They did come back and play an amazing second round in district.  I really enjoyed watching them this year and can't wait to see what happens next season.  I'm sure Coach Wedel will have some good plans for them this summer and they will come back ready for some competitive play. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder