How Far do you think wo-s is going in playoffs?

kfree

Guest coachhooker

from everything i have heard about them i have not seen them play but i can not, not see them at least playing in the state championship, i hope they stay healthy and play well and best of luck to the wos players and coaches

WO-S has an exceptional team, going 9-0 SO FAR this season ( I HAVE to throw it in - After Friday night, I can't harass you guys anymore about a BC upset!) against some very tough non-District opponents. They are WAY more balanced than last year, IMO, even without Beasley. There biggest problem (stated with the utmost respect) will be injury and lack of depth. If a few starters go down, their numbers just aren't there to stay as competitive as they are today.

So, if they stay healthy, I expect them to bring home the BIG one, with a ring to boot!

Depends how they handle the veer. Two teams have run the veer on them with success this year silsbee and Orangefield. They have a real good veer team looming in Giddings. However Giddings dosent play d very well and if it turns out to be a scoring fest WOS wins.

Good Luck stangs in the Play-Offs

I think WOS would have a better chance in DIV I this year. DIV II is loaded! I don't think I could predict any team going to statein this division as there are alot of talented teams. WOS had a good team last year and thought they were a state shoo in, but an awesome Wimberly team crushed the Mustangs. No disrespect WOS just my opinion :)

Goodluck to the Mustangs!!

I hate these topics. Every team has a chance. In some cases, it depends on which way the dice roll.

However, WO-S has all of the key necessities to do it - stellar defense, excellent QB, RBs, WRs. The O-line has IMO improved with every game. They may not be the biggest, but they block really well. Depauldrick doesn't get credit for this often, but he is one helluva blocker. It will be hard for teams to defend this offense. If the run doesn't work, we will pass and vice-versa.

Depends how they handle the veer. Two teams have run the veer on them with success this year silsbee and Orangefield. They have a real good veer team looming in Giddings. However Giddings dosent play d very well and if it turns out to be a scoring fest WOS wins.

Good Luck stangs in the Play-Offs

Is it just me, or does only allowing 13 points to the veer offense sound ok?

13 points doesnt soud very successful in my opinion. :wink:

look at it how you want to but if im not mistaken, OF qb had abunch of yards against yall. Now take his speed and multiply it times 2 or 3 and you are looking at the Giddings QB. That becomes a problem. and yes i would say yall shut OF down but had problems on the veer/option. and silsbee as well runs the veer and option. Didnt say yall would lose to Giddings just said that is a team i could see giving WOS problems.

Anyway Good luck WOS

look at it how you want to but if im not mistaken' date=' OF qb had abunch of yards against yall. Now take his speed and multiply it times 2 or 3 and you are looking at the Giddings QB. That becomes a problem. and yes i would say yall shut OF down but had problems on the veer/option. and silsbee as well runs the veer and option. Didnt say yall would lose to Giddings just said that is a team i could see giving WOS problems.

Anyway Good luck WOS[/quote']

we know what the giddings qb looks like. we played them last year. i don't know how far the stangs are going in the playoffs. they need to focus on Bridge City this week.

people on other boards dont give wo-s much of a chance thay think thay are WAY OVER RATED. as one guy told me that the mustangs better pack light this year becouse its going to be a short trip for them. he said the teams from s.e. texas will be sitting at home watching giddings run wild and thay all thijnk that giddings will win it all. i asked him what thay all know about wo-s and thire reply back to me was from what thay have seen was that that the mustang were a small buch of kids with fair speed and a defence that has not played no one good we come from a weak dist no strong teams . i could go on but i will end this now ,just ck other sites and see 4 yourself. PS sorry 4 the spelling

Guest CougarPride

Nobody from any other part of texas gives anybody from this area any of shot in the playoffs every year. It seems that everytime i get on any sight talking about any SET team they start dogging me saying that the teams down here or very over rated every year. This i feal is a common case of jealousy. I feel that WOS has the best shot this year of any school in any classification in making it to the state game. So I wish them the best of luck because they like every other playoff team will be representing US (SOUTH EAST TEXAS) as our area. I also Hope that every Team that makes the playoffs goes as far as state, some teams more then others (GO COOGS) :lol: lol.

SO GOOD LUCK STANGS, WILDCATS, TIGERS, COUGARS, EAGLES, GOLDEN EAGLES, BULLDOGS, BRONCOS, JAGUARS, BUCS, (PIRATES, WARRIORS, COUGARS---WHOEVER wins the tie braker), all the 22-3a school, and all of the 1A schools representing SET!!!!!!

Guest CougarPride

I know Coop It seems that nobody but people from this area gives our boys credit

They just think we are a bunch of hardnosed hillbillies, that can't matchup to there their so called "more up to date football schemes"

I just feel that the kids from this area play with more heart and more determination then other areas because thevalues of-Hardwork discipline, and "want To" are taught to our kids from day one.

One day they will open their eyes :wink:

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder