West Hardin - High Island ?????

WHFAN

What?????????????????????????

Thats bush league. What was their reason for cancelling?

How do you cancel a game, much less a district game. Not fair to the West Hardin kids.

Unless HI is down to 10 players, UIL needs to take action to prevent this from happening again in the future.

High Island canceled on West Hardin because they only had 12 or 13 players anyway and from what i've heard there quarterback got hurt and another player is in ISS....so that would put them at only having 10 or 11 people...I think it could be good for WH...It gives them an extra week of rest and it also gives them more time to prepare for the 1st round of the playoffs...

Yes it is a sad day for the High Island Cardinals. As a lifelong member of the community and very strong supporter of the Cardinals, I have to say that this was not an easy decision for the Coach/AD. We went into this season with very high expectations. Those expectations were put onto a very young and in-experienced team with only two returning starters from last season. The Cardinals are left without a Senior to take the field Friday night. Both 1st & 2nd string QB & 4 running backs are all injured. Without them, we would not have the skilled position players on defense either. Coach Cauthern had to make a very tough decision not to play the game. There is no doubt in my mind that he made the right choice. As for WH, I wish those boys the best in the playoffs. No they will not be able to make up the game, but they will get another weeks rest to make sure all is ready for post season.

Go Cardinals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually I was just looking at the 23-1A standings and it is possible for there to be a 3 way tie for 3rd after Friday.....Here are the district records

Groveton (4-0)

Lovelady (4-0)

West Sabine (2-2)

Burkeville (1-3)

Colmesneil (1-3)

Chester (0-4)

This weeks schedules:

Chester at Burkeville

Colmesneil at West Sabine

If Burkeville wins and Colmesneil wins there would be a 3 way tie at 2-3. If Colmesneil somehow gets in they would go D1 and play Hull-Daisetta. Then West Hardin would get the loser between Groveton and Lovelady this week and the winner between Evadale and Sabine Pass would get the Groveton/Lovelady winner.

yall have it all messed up this is how it goes.... if colmesneil beat west sabine...(very unlikely) they have to beat them by 20 just to make the playoffs. So Groveton and Lovelady are 1 & 2 no matter what. but if colmesneil happens to beat west sabine by 20 we will play the loser of that game... and HD will have Colmesneil.. 95% chance of us playing West Sabine ....

I don't know how they do the tibreaker in their district. Some districts limit the points to between 14 an 28. Breakdown: if Colmesneil beats West Sabine, then colm., w.s., and burk. will have identical records.

Colmesneil = -20

Burk = -17

West Sabine = +37

So if no limit on points: colm. must beat W.S. by 29

If it is limited to 28:

Colm. would have to win by 24.

if the limit is less than 20, Colm just needs to win by the limit and then it comes to a coin flip.

All that said, I believe West Sabine wins.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    asfdefsa02
    Newest Member
    asfdefsa02