Whats your greatest coach's quote?

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...

Bum Phillips coined some good ones in his coaching days.  Once he complimented Don Shula by saying...

"He can take his'n and beat your'n any day."

Bum Phillips did have some good ones. I believe he said he could take his'ns and beat your'ns or take your'ns and beat his'ns. He also said about Earl Campbell, he might not be in a class of his own but it doesn't take long to call roll.

a few guys were messin around in the weight room after school and coach jack parker walks in and says

Quit actin like a bunch of retards chasing a helium balloon....hilarious.....

and i got one from biggen that he said at halftime of a game my jr year.....but he may not want me to put it up here.... :D

Darrell K. Royal on James Saxton

"He runs like a bucket full of minnows."

Darrell K. to Mack Brown on how to coach a team after a losing season

"I don't know. Never had one."

Darrell K. Royal on a Baylor tight end

"That guy is a big ol' cuss...look at him rumblin' down the field...looks like a grizzly bear haulin' a walnut."

This wasn't a coach but a kid.  And some one may remember it.  OL v. DL drills.  Very large Olineman rolls his ankle and is laying on his back moaning.  Everyone watching as trainer comes over.  Second Olineman takes off running to water bottles and comes back.  Takes the bottle and pours it on hurt linemans ample stomach and says "You got to keep the blow hole wet."  We fell out. Couldn't practice for 15 mins.

This wasn't a coach but a kid.  And some one may remember it.  OL v. DL drills.  Very large Olineman rolls his ankle and is laying on his back moaning.  Everyone watching as trainer comes over.  Second Olineman takes off running to water bottles and comes back.  Takes the bottle and pours it on hurt linemans ample stomach and says "You got to keep the blow hole wet."  We fell out. Couldn't practice for 15 mins.

haha...as hard as i was just laughing at that i bet it was 50x more funny in person :D :D :D

That's classic!! ;D ;D

HJ's Defensive Coordinator, Coach Strickland...

"Do it right, Do it light...Do it wrong, Do it long"

"Dmn SON you could give asprin a headache"

"Coachin you guys is like herding cats"

"Tonight go out there and be Dr. Suess...put some hats on some cats!"

"Runnin Backs and Receivers over here, HEAVY LUNCH BUNCH over there!"

"Im not like all those idiot coaches gunna tell you to give 110% cuz its impossible...just give me 100%  a 100% of the time"

"Son we arent laughin at you...we're just laughin at you..."

At 2 a days overheard a trainer that a kid was vomiting on the sidelines the Stephenville O-line coach say    Ants have have to eat also

Same coach also telling one his lineman   Are you stuck on stupid

Same coach  telling another coach     That block was so ugly it hurt my feelings

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder