Winnsboro will dominate region as long as

bbScout

Buddy Hawkins there--just like I posted earlier in the year, they were the team to beat--no one else in the Region even came close.  They have a YEAR Round Basketball program--no volleyball--a powerhouse! Been to State so many times. School Adm support. Superb home town support! The whole town shuts down to go & support their team. Could be decade or longer before another team gets beyond them to go to State as long as they are in the region.

• 3 weeks later...
SFA...you have to realize just how great BROCK is --... the best of the best want go there--they play year round and travel & play ALL OVER the U.S competing against the best teams, 5A's included, in the WHOLE COUNTRY, not just Texas ...everything is set up for winning in girls basketball there... and Winnsboro has consistently had a fantastic program for DECADES....I've been watching them at State for the last 20+ years in person!

Once you realize just how dominating BROCK is and that they can beat a team like Winnsboro by 20 pts--and that no team in the regional playoffs came close to Winnsboro, it will become obvious to you just how near impossible it is for any 2A team in Southeast Texas (weakest area) to get to state, especially as long as Winnsboro keeps volleyball out & Buddy is there.

Watch and see who goes to State again in 2A from our region next year!

[quote name="SFAJACK02" post="978808" timestamp="1299461189"]
No they want. I watched them on Tv the Championship game. They are nothing special. They can and will be beat.
[/quote]

Nothing special?  Wow - I didn't realize 12 state tournament berths since '91 was ordinary.  Playing in the state final is special.  They may not win Region III next year, but it won't be because "they are nothing special."

We played Brock in the Championship 2 years ago. They can be beat also!!! Just like the year Woodville was undefeated and lost in the 2nd round. Anything can happen in the playoffs. They will not dominate trust me. Also, I feel that it is unfair that they play year round. Everyone else focuses on other sports which makes it unfair but whatever. Like I said they will not dominate and did not show me nothing. If they were that good  they would of beat Brock!!1

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    ssiiiiaa
    Newest Member
    ssiiiiaa