Some should be ashamed......

Bobcat101

Well Allen again as I figured would happen you missed the point I was making. Even though we totally believe in velocity we equally believe in command movement and health of the arm. My point is that as kids get older and they develop the fastball speed without a doubt it puts more stress on the arm because you will have generated more arm speed. In pointing out the mechanics of pitching no doubt that you need to be smooth but at the same time you need to be very athletic on the mound. That's why usually your shortstop is your best pitcher. I have seen many pitchers with slow deliberate deliveries hurt themselves because they don't use their core enough and they throw the ball with mainly their arm.

Again I want to reiterate my point of not opening a discussion about who is right and wrong. Nor am I using this as advertising for my facility. Just giving opinions for people to read. And yes I played college baseball at a good division 1 school. But does that make me a good teacher. I think not.

Sam Moore

[quote name="westend1" post="971467" timestamp="1298563366"]
Interesting proposal, but I have seen lots of youth baseball and I don't think i have ever seen a coach pull his best shortstop from the game and let him go warm up while he watches to see if his pitcher is going to get out of a jam.   It just doesn't happen.  Maybe it should, but the only way it will is if a new rule is written requiring it.
[/quote]

That's what I do. I don't care if I have to pull my best position player for an inning. I know this isn't always the case with other coaches, but if a coach really has the best intentions for a kids health, he will do it as well.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    voodoopriestonline
    Newest Member
    voodoopriestonline