District 10-2A Division1

et531303

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="eagleswoodville#1" post="1022425" timestamp="1309911233"]
[quote author=MWhizzie000 link=topic=80418.msg1022177#msg1022177 date=1309738694]
[quote author=tigersvoice link=topic=80418.msg1019198#msg1019198 date=1308376795]
[quote author=XPANTHER03 link=topic=80418.msg1019169#msg1019169 date=1308352925]
Come on people any predictions about this district?
[/quote]

Yes, here's my opinion.  Who the cares?
[/quote]

who cares about silsbee seriously lmao lets see you hop on the field with the worst team in this district those guys would own you old man

anyways i think Newton
                       East Chambers
                       Anahuac
                       Kountze
                       Woodville
                       hardin
                       Buna
                       Warren

[/quote]
Umm ok. Kountze lost their top player and didnt gain anyone. i dont agree with that. I think the top 4 is a toss up between 4 great teams. Kountze will be down from a team that was not very good last year. Itll be a good game with them and warren. Hardin will be down, but not enough to lose to kountze and especially warren. But the top 4 is a toss up between Anahuac, Woodville, Newton, and EC.
[/quote]

I agree... but I don't think its close between kountze and Warren.. I still think kountze will win that one easily ...

1. Newton
2. Anahuac
3. EC/Buna/Woodville
6. Hardin
7. Kountze
8. Warren

Is there something I'm missing about EC, I know the RB is coming back, but they did lose the back to back district MVP at QB.  What about Bouillion the good LB, did he graduate?  Give us some insight into what makes them tick this year.  I personally think Woodville is the darkhorse, they impressed me last year.  AP still gonna be good, may be better than last year.  Newton you can never count out.  Buna is always gonna be physical and compete.  Hardin rebuilding somewhat, Kountze always got speed and could surprise you, while Warren is improving.

[quote name="bruno994" post="1025843" timestamp="1311005148"]
Is there something I'm missing about EC, I know the RB is coming back, but they did lose the back to back district MVP at QB.  What about Bouillion the good LB, did he graduate?  Give us some insight into what makes them tick this year.  I personally think Woodville is the darkhorse, they impressed me last year.  AP still gonna be good, may be better than last year.  Newton you can never count out.  Buna is always gonna be physical and compete.  Hardin rebuilding somewhat, Kountze always got speed and could surprise you, while Warren is improving.
[/quote]
I was asking myself this same question. And, as much as people dont want to admit it down there, the coaching change makes a big difference. Tony V was a great coach and its a big blow. Im gonna enjoy seeing how they react to that this season.

Guest ECBucFan
[quote name="eagleswoodville#1" post="1026411" timestamp="1311132428"]
[quote author=bruno994 link=topic=80418.msg1025843#msg1025843 date=1311005148]
[/quote]
I was asking myself this same question. [b]And, as much as people dont want to admit it down[/b] there, the coaching change makes a big difference. Tony V was a great coach and its a big blow. Im gonna enjoy seeing how they react to that this season.
[/quote]

What on earth are you taking about? What are EC folks "not admitting"? What information are you baseing your statements on? Russ Sutherland looks like a great hire for EC. I fully support!

[quote name="ECBucFan" post="1026479" timestamp="1311172208"]
[quote author=eagleswoodville#1 link=topic=80418.msg1026411#msg1026411 date=1311132428]
[quote author=bruno994 link=topic=80418.msg1025843#msg1025843 date=1311005148]
[/quote]
I was asking myself this same question. [b]And, as much as people dont want to admit it down[/b] there, the coaching change makes a big difference. Tony V was a great coach and its a big blow. Im gonna enjoy seeing how they react to that this season.
[/quote]

What on earth are you taking about? What are EC folks "not admitting"? What information are you baseing your statements on? Russ Sutherland looks like a great hire for EC. I fully support!
[/quote]
Im talking about the people that have told me that losing tony valastro is not much of a loss at all. Sutherland is a great coach. No doubt. I didnt say anything about his credibility as a coach. Its just a little nieve to think that losing a coach like Valastro is not a significant loss. Russ Sutherland is a great coach and will do fine at EC. But, just like with any coaching change at any highschool in the nation, it will take a lot of adjusting.

Guest ECBucFan
[quote name="eagleswoodville#1" post="1026411" timestamp="1311132428"]
Im gonna enjoy seeing how they react to that this season.
[/quote]

;)

[quote name="88Warrior" post="1027455" timestamp="1311370083"]
EC will be just fine as always..That program has continued to win through the last three coaching changes...no reason to believe that tradition doesn't continue...IMO..
[/quote]
I agree Warrior, year in and year out EC is always competitive and strong.

[quote name="88Warrior" post="1027455" timestamp="1311370083"]
EC will be just fine as always..That program has continued to win through the last three coaching changes...no reason to believe that tradition doesn't continue...IMO..
[/quote]Amen Warrior....EC has kept winning through the last few coaching changes and this will continue...Hoping Sutherland will take us deeper in the playoffs!!

So, after T. Thomas and Hank Jones at the lead dog postion the last 5 to 6 years, there will be no lag at QB?  Not to mention the coaching change...not doubting the success the program has had, but thats 2 big losses at QB and HC.  Good luck to all 10-2A Division 1 teams, it should be another great district race. 

Looks like Kountze could turn some heads with Joubert being a Asst. Coach... lets just say some new players will be hitting the field:-) Not saying that Kountze will blow ppls minds but there is a new attitude and outlook in Kountze lets go lions

[quote name="bruno994" post="1027972" timestamp="1311616456"]
So, after T. Thomas and Hank Jones at the lead dog postion the last 5 to 6 years, there will be no lag at QB?  Not to mention the coaching change...not doubting the success the program has had, but thats 2 big losses at QB and HC.  Good luck to all 10-2A Division 1 teams, it should be another great district race. 
[/quote]I agree that there will be a let down at the QB position but the HC hasn't scored a TD in years at EC...lol...  I think EC will be fine with the new coach just like they were when Coach Evans turned over the program to Coach V.  I'm sure Coach Sutherland will be up for the challenge.  It would be nice though to start out with a future All SEC and NFL player on the team.....The certainly makes it easier for a new coach.

Guest ECBucFan
[quote name="finger roll" post="1031364" timestamp="1312441443"]
.  I think EC will be fine with the new coach just like they were when Coach Evans turned over the program to Coach V. 
[/quote]

Stan Howard came in after Evans. Stan did a fine job, went 9-1, made the playoffs. After Stan, Valastro came in. 

[quote name="eagleswoodville#1" post="1020661" timestamp="1308970309"]
I really think the top 3 is up for grabs this year between Anahuac, Woodville, and Newton. Then Buna and East Chambers in 4th and 5th. Hardin in 6th. Then Kountze and Warren. Gonna be another great year in this district.
[/quote] I agree.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder