**HF @ HJ Broadcast---Senior Night--Hawks win 70-52**

Lazeek

Dove was great!!!!!  Even picked the Hawks to go to Austin!!!  Although he did admit that he only said that since he was with the HJ Boradcast team!!!! ;D ;D ;D 

Looking forward to having the Little Dove's wearing Navy and Red next season and being Hawks!!! :P :P

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An HJ player......here is how the sequence went down:  After HF scored a bucket a HF player pushed a HJ player in the back, the HJ player respond by pushing back......first tech called.  Then the two players (oe from HF and one from HJ bowed up to each other and 2nd tech called only on HJ player.  All happened within 5 seconds of each other.  It was all right in front of both benches.  Funny thing was that the HF players were laughing about it like it was planned or something.  Regardless the HJ player was removed from the game and from the gym.  He had to sit in locker room the rest of the game.  Was handled very poorly by officials IMO!!!!

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="966952" timestamp="1297837377"]
An HJ player......here is how the sequence went down:  After HF scored a bucket a HF player pushed a HJ player in the back, the HJ player respond by pushing back......first tech called.  Then the two players (oe from HF and one from HJ bowed up to each other and 2nd tech called only on HJ player.  All happened within 5 seconds of each other.  It was all right in front of both benches.  Funny thing was that the HF players were laughing about it like it was planned or something.  Regardless the HJ player was removed from the game and from the gym.  He had to sit in locker room the rest of the game.  Was handled very poorly by officials IMO!!!!
[/quote]

LAZEEK - I can't say your whole account of how it went down is not correct because I can't say that I saw the HF player push the HJ player in the back first (and of all times this was the first game that I wasn't videoing so I can't go back and watch it or believe me I would).  From there I can say that your replay of the situation is correct because I saw all of that up until you say the HF players were laughing about it like it was planned or something....really....I think not.  The same HJ player involved in this situation displayed bad sportsmanship the whole time he was in the game and when we played a few weeks ago at HF gym he did the same.  IMO it was handled very well by the officials.  The officials did well last night also with allowing the coaches (both HF and HJ) voice their opinions about some of the calls...there were a couple of times (once HF and once HJ) where I would have 'T' them up.

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="966954" timestamp="1297837649"]
The real question should be why with 3:38 left in the game and trailing HJ by 15 did the HF coach unload the bench?  Gave up with 3:38 left in the game.....don't get that!!!!
[/quote]

NOW YOU FINALLY SEE THE LIGHT!!! LOL...this is what we've been talking about all season...you said the magic words "Gave up"...that's what this coach does.  He has been doing it all season and IMO if you're gonna do that you're not a coach.  3:38 is a lot of time and trailing by 15 is not a blow-out with that kind of time left.  My question to you is:

What gave YOU (and anyone else who want to answer)the indication that he had given up?  I'm really interested to see the answers I get from this question.

IMO HF fought hard to stay in the game despite coaching from our bench,Seems like when the kids find away to play together despite who is in there. he finds a reason to insert someone to throw what ever rythm we seem to find, and for for a team lacking in confidence and coaching support that is very hard to recover from. and for the Prudome situation it was handle well,he thought that the HF boys where going to lay down and not put up a good fight,this group and the one's coming up will refuse to lay down for anybody and the current or furture coaching staff has to manage that attitude, because that a start to a winning attitude. AND YOU CAN DAWG13 IF YOU WANT TO.

Sitting very close to where the incident began, I seriously thought the first T was on the HF kid. Many people around thought the same thing. Maybe even the coaches and the administrators thought this...It was like they knew there were 2 T's, thinking one for each team. Did anyone see the way HJ coaches reacted when HF went to shoot the second set? It was like they realized at that point that both T's were on Prudhomme and not on both teams. The initial start of this particular event was the HF kid....not to say that other things may have gone on prior to this throughout the game.

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="966952" timestamp="1297837377"]
[/quote]How much time was left in the game when this happened?

I mean, was it before the 3:38 when the coach "gave up", as others have indicated?  And if so, why did the coach give in with HJ's best player out?

Or was it afterward, and this was a bench player that went out to start trouble?

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="966954" timestamp="1297837649"]
The real question should be why with 3:38 left in the game and trailing HJ by 15 did the HF coach unload the bench?  Gave up with 3:38 left in the game.....don't get that!!!!
[/quote]Ask Aggie. He probably told the coach to make that move

[quote name="hfmom08" post="966960" timestamp="1297855090"]
[quote author=LAZEEK link=topic=80242.msg966954#msg966954 date=1297837649]
[/quote]

NOW YOU FINALLY SEE THE LIGHT!!! LOL...this is what we've been talking about all season...you said the magic words "Gave up"...that's what this coach does.  He has been doing it all season and IMO if you're gonna do that you're not a coach.  3:38 is a lot of time and trailing by 15 is not a blow-out with that kind of time left.  My question to you is:

What gave YOU (and anyone else who want to answer)the indication that he had given up?  I'm really interested to see the answers I get from this question.
[/quote]Here is another question: Why is it that he did not start his main players at the beginning of the 4th period? Especially if he gave up on starters later in the 4th only to install "his" seniors to finish the 4th. ::)

[quote name="FanintheStands" post="966988" timestamp="1297863652"]
[quote author=LAZEEK link=topic=80242.msg966952#msg966952 date=1297837377]
[/quote]How much time was left in the game when this happened?

I mean, was it before the 3:38 when the coach "gave up", as others have indicated?  And if so, why did the coach give in with HJ's best player out?

Or was it afterward, and this was a bench player that went out to start trouble?
[/quote]Good question! It helps dig a deeper hole for the HF coach's action. The starters were in at the time

I guess you missed what i stated earlier,they fought a good fight despite what our coach decided. as everyone can see he really does'nt have a clue.I like him as a coach but his game time preparation and adjustments can always be questioned, he has no rhym 0r reason for his substitutions and thats the reason we could not be competative this whole season,4 lossses to vidor and coached the same way everytime same line up.You move two players from j/v, three games and one takes over the starting point guard position,He gets hurt then you go to the freshman squad and bring up the P/G from that team,and he starts his first game on varsity.AS arm chair quarter back explain how this talent got skipped with a so called tryout year,not suppose to be like previous years a no cut policy.pleae dont get me started.we need a coach that got the guts to had out water bottles,manager jacket(statisticion)label to some of these kids. because just being in the program does'nt mean you or automatic varsity material.But i got a job for you and it applies to my kid to. DAWG13

[quote name="dawg13" post="967039" timestamp="1297869467"]
I guess you missed what i stated earlier,they fought a good fight despite what our coach decided. as everyone can see he really does'nt have a clue.I like him as a coach but his game time preparation and adjustments can always be questioned, he has no rhym 0r reason for his substitutions and thats the reason we could not be competative this whole season,4 lossses to vidor and coached the same way everytime same line up.You move two players from j/v, three games and one takes over the starting point guard position,He gets hurt then you go to the freshman squad and bring up the P/G from that team,and he starts his first game on varsity.AS arm chair quarter back explain how this talent got skipped with a so called tryout year,not suppose to be like previous years a no cut policy.pleae dont get me started.we need a coach that got the guts to had out water bottles,manager jacket(statisticion)label to some of these kids. because just being in the program does'nt mean you or automatic varsity material.But i got a job for you and it applies to my kid to. DAWG13
[/quote]

Can anyone comprehend this?? :D :D :D

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="967049" timestamp="1297870627"]
[quote author=dawg13 link=topic=80242.msg967039#msg967039 date=1297869467]
[/quote]

Can anyone comprehend this?? :D :D :D
[/quote]Yep, I'll do it!The HF boys fought hard against HJ and some other games.. They put themselves in a position to make the game close and a possible win. Me and Dawg13 think the HF coach is a very nice person but his coaching techniques are poor. There is no logical reasoning behind his substitutions as far as trying to put the best talent on the floor together to win. He basically coached the same way throughout the season. I have to somewhat disagree here with Dawg13 because he finally made some changes in minutes played for several players who lacked talent. Dawg13 brings up the point that there was no true tryout to get your best talent on varsity as evidenced when both underclassmen were brought up and started varsity. Dawg13 also says that several players on that team were better fitted to be team managers or cut from the team, especially since this was the first year that the coach did not have to follow a no-cut policy. I may have missed one or two points but not that much ;)

HF player throws an elbow into HJ players back on a blockout situation....HF scores and as HJ player is running down the floor you see HF player (who is way ahead of said HJ player) circle all the way back around and run back down the floor (in the wrong direction) and go meet HJ player right in front of half court and HJ player is not even looking....he turns at the last second and sees the kid running at him and puts his forearm in the kids chest ....then they tech HJ player.....and HJ player gets chest to chest with HF player and HF player does not back away and they call the second tech on HJ player...........

Nice job of officiating!!! ::) ::) ::)

Always getting the retaliator instead of the instigator!!!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    siiyyaa
    Newest Member
    siiyyaa