BC At WOS Predictions?

Guest GoStangs

You know' date=' I've been posting with you WO-S guys for 2 1/2 years now, and have only met one of you. You guys want to try to get together before, during, or after the game? I'd love to be able to put a face with a name!

PM me or post away if you're interested.[/quote']

Sounds good Birdman. I'd enjoy getting to meet you all, as well. Maybe we can figure something out. :)

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coop' date=' in the 3rd quarter, it was 34-0, and OF had only 100 yards total offense... The WOS defense played extremely well until late in the game. OF kept plugging away and put up some yards and points late in the game, but let's look at the big picture here. WOS held them to only two scores and won the game pretty convincingly. As much as you say WOS needs to improve this or that, look at their record, yards allowed, and points allowed. There is always room for improvement, but this is still one of the best defensive units in the state.[/quote']

I agree. When you carry the ball 56 times, you should have alot of yards. Wo-s had the game won...trust me, if the game was close the coaches would have just stacked the line and dared Orangfield to pass it which they wouldn't be able to do on a consistent basis because they don't have the speed to break away from Earl Thomas and Dominick Rhodes in the secondary. Not taking anything away from Orangefield, but Wo-s was willing to let them grind out the clock on themselves and gain yardage because it does no good if you can't get the ball in the endzone. When Wo-s defense need to stop the run, they do it...they've done it all year and they did it in this game. Yeah Orangefield got alot of yards on the ground, but there was no way they was gonna translate that to points. They had the ball over 33 minutes to only like 13 for Wo-s. you have the ball that amount of time and you still score only 13 points and still get more yards against you even though you dominated the time of possession. That to me is a testiment to a very good defense and offense, when you can have all those things going for you and you still can't score. Nobody have scored twenty points on this team this year and people or questioning their defense now?... that's unbelievable. I don't care if you grind out 500 yards, what good is that if you can't turn those yards into points? I know Giddings and alot of these other teams are putting up alot of points, but are they playing defenses the caliber of Wo-s...that's the real question. I think these other teams in the state will have just as hard of a time stopping Wo-s from scoring, if not more of a tough time because they are a complete team offensively. You have to pick your poison with this team, if you stop the run, then you have to deal with the passing game. I'm really sick of hearing about Giddings and all these other teams. I know they are really good teams, but I know they haven't played a team that is as complete offensively as Wo-s is. The real question is can they stop us. When we get in the playoffs, I know teams probably will score some on us, but it will do you know good if you can't keep Wo-s offense out the endzone.

When you are trouncing a team, it's hard to fight hard on every single down. Should you? Yes. Play usually drops off some. If WO-S wanted to win 60-7, they probably could have. You don't play as hard late, and Orangefield is playing hard on every down 'cause they are tough and their kids don't quit. The whole Giddings thing is a topic for another day. The two just don't relate IMO....

I sincerely applaud Orangefields efforts. I was surprised they moved the ball so well,but their coach did just the right thing to keep the game from getting terribly ugly. They ran the ball even though they were losing by a large amount. Most teams would be dropping back trying to pass,and then wo-s woul have put up 70 points. Kudos for orangefield coach sticking to what was working so as not to let his boys get terribly embarrassed. Bridge City you are next,and this one wont be close enough for a moral victory!!!!Good luck

Bridge City you are next' date='and this one wont be close enough for a moral victory!!!!Good luck[/quote']

Which will differentiate us from anyone else other than Silsbee? Who in their right minds would choose Bridge City to defeat WOS at WOS (or anywhere else). That's the beauty of it. All the pressure falls on WOS these days. BC can open the playbook, and let the feathers fly if they choose to (and I hope they do). No matter what the outcome, I will be there until the end of the game.

It pains me greatly to do this, but

WOS 35

BC 21

I can't help but hope that the Cards will prove me wrong!!

Back on topic. Hopefully WOS will keep having trouble stopping a running QB in an Option offense. BC by 1. I changed my mind.

Wo-s can have trouble, but like I said, you won't be able to translate those yards into enough points because your defense can't even come close to slowing down Wo-s offense. People keep hoping Wo-s defense will some how give up alot of points to them. Even if some miracle happen and they do, you won't be able to score enough. 21 points? the only way Bride City scores 21 points is if the game is so out of hand that Wo-s desides to put their J.v in the game. Then again, you still won't score 21 on the J.v. they are undefeated too and don't give up many points.

Wo-s 50

Bc 7

please..if your jv was good enough to shut us out, they would be varsity. but about the game, bc has basically nothing to lose and should let it all hang out. but it will be wo-s senior night and they will not lay down on us because of our record, or scores from other games, they will come to play and we know that. i dont think they would rest any key players either. im going to be realistic and not pick us to win outright because if we both play our best game, bc should lose. but if we can force mistakes and TAKE ADVANTAGE it might be closer than people think. just my two cents

Bridge city will try and do what orangefield did last friday night run the QB and yes the kid is good and will be hard to stop.the cards a very well coached as well as wo-s is and this should be a good game to watch,the cards can pass the ball also so the mustangs defence will have thire work cut out for them on this one i do belive. we as fans that watch the mustangs play every friday night think to ourself teams are not suppost to do that to the mustange defence BUT it happned and it will not be the last time it will happen so get ready.the mustangs are a very gifted teams this year been blessed with lots of good things i think the only thing that can stop the mustangs is mustangs themself but i have never seen WO-S ever give up on themself . WO-s will be more than ready for bridge city this comming friday night i hope lol. best of luck to all the kids out thire THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES

Guest GoStangs

It's not like BC is the only team playing for something... WOS is fighting for an outright district championship title and an undefeated season. They will be ready for this game, trust me. :)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder