Select Baseball Bat - Not approved for Babe Ruth

Bulldog8

I just heard that composite bats cannot be used for Babe Ruth unless they -3 drop or all alloy barell at any drop.
I just purchased a new Demarini CF4 23/31 all composite (-8 drop), which is only good fro USSSA and Nations. Just wanted to let everyone know.

By the way, if you want a good deal on a new CF4 send me a message

[quote name="westend1" post="964057" timestamp="1297355233"]
[quote author=Yo Gabba link=topic=79954.msg964054#msg964054 date=1297355062]
Actually it is not good in Nations either, all composites have to be a drop 10 or heavier
[/quote]

A drop 8 is heavier than a drop 10.  Not sure I understand the post.
[/quote]lol...rflmao...i just tried explaining this to a co-worker the other day. ;D

Correct a drop 8 would be legal in Nations where as a drop 11 would not. I can see where this would be confussing. The drop is determined by the length of the bat minus the weight so a 30 inch 20 oz bat would be a drop 10.  A 30 inch 22oz bat would be a drop 8 (2oz heavier)

- 8 is legal in Nations if 13U and below. 14U has to be -5 or heavier. see below

*** 7. In 14U bats will be restricted to a -5 ratio or heavier. (The weight of the bat in ounces
as compared to it’s length in inches, must be no greater than 5).
Weight restrictions are HIGHLY recommended for fall 2010, the restrictions will
become mandatory Jan 1, 2011.
8. For age divisions 13U and below, there are no bat size restrictions.
9. High school divisions must use NFHS (National Federation of State High School
Associations) bat limitations for size, weight and performance. ***

• 1 month later...
just wondering if we are seeing injuries across the country due to these so call hot, lighter bats. does anyone out there have
any stats on this? There is no doubt that the ball comes off of the bat faster just wondering if we are see more injuries due to
bat weight and composite. Any answers.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder