PA Little Titans added to STJFL

jlh370

It's official the PA little Titans are in the STJFL.  Thanks to all the STJFL staff for allowing us in.  Registration and updates will be posted on this page or you can go to STJFL web page and click on the Titans icon once it is placed on there page for more information.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Welcome to the field from a Lil Mustang Mom.  Now with the nice stuff outta the way, dang, I'm ready for some football!!!!!!  My son has told his dad to put tape on my mouth before every game this year.  Shoot, when you see him on the field now, you may not recognize him -- Maurice didn't when we signed him up  :o

[quote name="WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME DA'BROOK WAS SLAPPED BY THE JAGUARS?" post="1019754" timestamp="1308602738"]
Is there a BMT team?
[/quote]
If you call it that ;D They restricted Beaumont to like the 77706 and 07 zip code I think. They haven't fared too well the first couple of seasons.

[quote name="Scalp'em" post="1019773" timestamp="1308605546"]
[quote author=WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME DA'BROOK WAS SLAPPED BY THE JAGUARS? link=topic=79746.msg1019754#msg1019754 date=1308602738]
Is there a BMT team?
[/quote]
If you call it that ;D They restricted Beaumont to like the 77706 and 07 zip code I think. They haven't fared too well the first couple of seasons.
[/quote]
Ohhh, the Bulldogs(Kelly)...basically all private school click...

Yes Kelly is a private school, but the team does not designate that the kid has to attend Kelly to play.  They have to stay in that zip code to participate with that team.  This was put in place due to the size of the city.  I'm pretty sure if there was a second team such as the Bruins who wanted to start up a team and get into the league could.  Thae same goes for Ozen, and Cental, better yet any team in SE Texas.  I had doubts that they wouldn't let us in, but once I spoke to the guys from STJFL I was amazed, by how receptive and organized those guys were.  They really have the interest of the kids as there first priority, and want a competitive league. 

[quote name="jlh370" post="1020622" timestamp="1308950690"]
Yes Kelly is a private school, but the team does not designate that the kid has to attend Kelly to play.  They have to stay in that zip code to participate with that team.  This was put in place due to the size of the city.  I'm pretty sure if there was a second team such as the Bruins who wanted to start up a team and get into the league could.  Thae same goes for Ozen, and Cental, better yet any team in SE Texas.  I had doubts that they wouldn't let us in, but once I spoke to the guys from STJFL I was amazed, by how receptive and organized those guys were.  They really have the interest of the kids as there first priority, and want a competitive league. 
[/quote]
Well,
I've heard from parents that have spent 2 yrs on the Bulldogs... parent's run the league, not coaches and the administration of the Bulldogs...my source is reliable...and I don't doubt it a bit, the win/loss record shows it...we got a taste of it, but at the last minute...we chose to play with the Bulls...this is nothing against STJFL....but if you have a coach apply with 15 yrs experience coaching(11 in little league and 4 in the Marine Corps) and is a proven leader, that has the reputation of playing the best young men(even if it involves his son being on the bench) and developing the not so best young men...then he is my coach....and you don't make him an assistant behind someone who can be a puppet for the parents to determine: what drills are too ruff, who should be playing this or that position, and definitely not the plays or play book...sorry JMO...I also know from another source (also reliable), that coached at Kelly....YES... THIS IS THE WAY IT IS....if the shoe fits, you know who you are... if I give a lil money, "My boy needs to be playing".... ;) ...my reliable sources like their political and social situations...me, lets just say...I'm aaaiiight... ;D

Very good post, you have a legitimate point,  but it all depends on the organization that you are dealing with.  I like the fact that you stepped up to help the organization, and served as a positive influence in those kids life.  The game should be fun, when we as adults step in by paying to ensure that our kids start, we as adult take the fun out of the game.  Issues as such should be reported to the STJFL board,  I know for a fact that they would handle those issues accordingly.  Best of luck to you in TIFI, I am for everything that is positive for the youth and there development.  

Forum rule # 15 states) Please do not post unsubstantiated rumors, suspicions or slanderous comments about anyone

Your information is incorrect, sir. Beaumont's team is NOT run by its parents or its coaches. It is run by the Board.  Anyone, such as yourself, who would make these types of comments about a league that is barely into their third year, should definitely be playing elsewhere. 

I am aware to the rules of this forum.  I never have made a negative comment in reference to BMT organization.  In comment number 13 you can clearly see what was said.  I responded back by stating that  if this was an issue which has placed him to believe that this is taking place that he has a legitimate point with the board.  I know for a fact that the behavior that he stated is frowned upon in STJFL.  I don't know if what he is saying is true, but I do know that to my best knowledge that I haven't heard nor have I seen any of these issues to take place.  I will defend any team in STJFL because I know that everyone here has integrity and have the interest of the kids in mind, in this league. 

RUMORS???
Seriously...what are we in Jr High...? I saw the words come out the parents mouth and still have the emails...I also have the parents numbers...like I stated before...they like there political situation and I respect them and their privacy...if you'd like me to post the emails I can...the better thing to do would be just to say...it is what it is... ;)

[quote name="Le Sgt Rey (French)" post="1022342" timestamp="1309869705"]
RUMORS???
Seriously...what are we in Jr High...? I saw the words come out the parents mouth and still have the emails...I also have the parents numbers...like I stated before...they like there political situation and I respect them and their privacy...if you'd like me to post the emails I can...the better thing to do would be just to say...it is what it is... ;)
[/quote]Awwww...... Don't cry!!!!

Guest Yo Gabba
Bmt team IS ran by a board. Problem is the board members all have kids on the team so what does that leave you with? Parents running the team!!!!! We plyaed there and left, final straw was them wanting to suspend some of our coaches for get this "yelling". WTH..... I am sorry we thought this was football not the library. My husband and I thought the coaches were doing a good job and the kids seemed to like them. But what do we know we are just parents (without tons of money). The board will groom their kids to be excellent private school players, assuring them of one thing when the going gets tough, daddys wallet will open.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder