Ranking SETX Teams (Boys & Girls)

texcoug

Rather than focus on Dist 37 or 38, how would the power rankings look if they were merged?  I assume they have to playoff eventually anyway. 

Nederland, PNG, Vidor, Central, Lumberton, Jasper, Silsbee, Livingston, LCM and the rest.  How are they rated?  I am committed to getting more involved in HS (even though my oldest is in 7th). 

Boys Cumulative
1.  Nederland
2.  Vidor
3.  PNG
4.  Lumberton
5.  Livingston
6.  Jasper
7.  Central
8.  Silsbee
9.  LCM
10.  Ozen
12.  H. Fannett
13.  Liberty
14.  BC   

For girls, has the Jasper wave started to hit shore yet? (or should I say Twister) Once it does, it will be non-stop for years to come.  Can South County (PNG - Nederland) compete with Lumberton?  What is the status now.  I know what it will look like in a few years.  Same for Lumberton -- those are going to be some epic matches. 

[quote name="texcoug" post="958896" timestamp="1296592068"]

For girls, has the Jasper wave started to hit shore yet? (or should I say Twister) Once it does, it will be non-stop for years to come.  Can South County (PNG - Nederland) compete with Lumberton?  What is the status now.  I know what it will look like in a few years.  Same for Lumberton -- those are going to be some epic matches. 
[/quote]

PNG beat Lumberton in their scrimmage (4-1). Lumberton beat Nederland in their scrimmage.

Nobody wants to play us baby.. asked Lamar and they said no  :'( said they were in the middle of 3 a days..supplement one of those 3 practices with a scrimmage and help a sister team out... I heard maybe Lumberton may step up to the plate. still not sure.

You know I love ya Tooth. Out of that list... I would say PN-G

I agree with sportzgirl...PNG on top for girls, then Lumberton and possibly Nederland.  After that, not so sure.  The Jasper tsunami is set to hit in about 5 years, right?  Have some great players that would be seniors this year....not sure how many are playing at this time....

I would assume Kelly Varsity would be #1 -- my bad.  I was thinking of Dist 37 & 38.

Jasper Twisters will hit before 5 years.  First wave has hit high school, but a big wave will hit next year.  (Vidor has a wave coming too -- for girls first, then boys a couple years later).  

[quote name="twag11" post="959558" timestamp="1296632926"]
What About kelly boys pretty sure they have beat vidor and nederland and some others on that list
[/quote]
nederland lost a player early due to a red card and it was a scrimmage who cares what happens then!

[quote name="texasrm25" post="960579" timestamp="1296749266"]
Kelly
Nederland
Central
Vidor
PNG
Lumberton
HF
Livingston
Liberty
Silsbee
Jasper
BC
Ozen
[/quote]

This looks about right.  Central just beat Vidor.  I would say that Vidor looks like the stronger team, but Central's forwards made the most of the very few chances they had, while Vidor controlled the field but seemed to force poor shots.  I also thought Central's goalie played well. 

Also, is Jasper really that low?  I have not seen their HS team, I just know their teams generally are more competitive. 

[quote name="texcoug" post="961018" timestamp="1296832014"]
[quote author=texasrm25 link=topic=79591.msg960579#msg960579 date=1296749266]

[/quote]

This looks about right.  Central just beat Vidor.  I would say that Vidor looks like the stronger team, but Central's forwards made the most of the very few chances they had, while Vidor controlled the field but seemed to force poor shots.  I also thought Central's goalie played well. 

[/quote]
Thanks  8)

Unfortunately, I am about to be out of the soccer board posting business. I will simply not be involved enough to feel knowledgable on input.
For Girls, Sharkstooth's list looks good to me. Would have liked to see PNG and WB play to settle the #2 and #3 issue and Kelly vs. PNG as well but that is a perfect world.
Good luck to all area teams. If your daughter plays, enjoy it becasue I promise you the time will fly.

[quote name="watash" post="962634" timestamp="1297140585"]
Unfortunately, I am about to be out of the soccer board posting business. I will simply not be involved enough to feel knowledgable on input.
For Girls, Sharkstooth's list looks good to me. Would have liked to see PNG and WB play to settle the #2 and #3 issue and Kelly vs. PNG as well but that is a perfect world.
Good luck to all area teams. If your daughter plays, enjoy it becasue I promise you the time will fly.
[/quote]

yes the time did fly by didn't it watash... it was a fun ride and had it not been for soccer we may have never had the pleasure to meet you and your lovely wife.. it will be times I will always cherrish...

as for me I will probably still be up here given my ill advized input.. it's never been fact anyhow.

see ya Saturday in Big D and the weekend  after in San Antone!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    napeba
    Newest Member
    napeba