Can Nederland win state this year?

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="956558" timestamp="1296246079"]
Do you see what having dominant bigs in the middle will do for you?  Both are 6'5" and both have moves down low and play good defense.  If you can consistant medeocre games from the guards, this team will not go down easy for Yates, Ball (they know who Nederland is already), or LaMarque...
[/quote]
I said it a couple of months ago: 'Bigs' win District Championships, guards win U state titles!
I agree w/Ur remarks about the matchup not being in favor of Nederland. The guards for Yates r too quick for Nederland's guards. I will disagree with U regarding Ball. I watched Ball play twice this year. They're impressive,  but beatable. Ball and Nederland played the same team (Houston Christian Life) in the Ned Tourney. Ball beat them by 3, and Nederland lost by 8. Christian Life is 'STACKED'! Nederland matches up better w/Ball than they do w/Yates. I have not seen LaMarque play yet. What is their strenghts??

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="956548" timestamp="1296245188"]
[quote author=baddog link=topic=79384.msg956491#msg956491 date=1296240626]
Well, since no one around here has beaten us, the next best thing [b]is to find someone who can[/b]. "I'll get my brother to beat you up!"

If you don't believe you can win it all, then you won't.
[/quote]PA Memorial would beg to differ...  ;D ;D
[/quote]

See how you had to go out of district (get your big brother  ;D) and to a 5A team? If we are going to try and win state, I don't think any 5a teams will be in the way.

It's funny that Nederland has hardly ever been included in playoff basketball talks, but when we are doing very well and could possibly make a big push towards state (who knows how far we will go) we have threads predicting which game will be our demise instead of having anything encouraging said.

I would love to see it, but state championship-caliber teams don't squeak out two point wins against PNG three weeks before the playoffs start.  They should make a nice run, but I don't think they are an elite team.  I can't see them beating the upper echelon teams from this region at this point.  Hopefully they prove me wrong.

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="956378" timestamp="1296231122"]
[quote author=bullets13 link=topic=79384.msg956277#msg956277 date=1296224845]
no.  they could make a decent run in the playoffs, though.
[/quote]one round deep;maybe
[/quote]
Anti Nederland... i guess you are jealous. If you want to make an accurate prediction you know it "should" be 3 or more.

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="956548" timestamp="1296245188"]
Well, since no one around here has beaten us, the next best thing [b]is to find someone who can[/b]. "I'll get my brother to beat you up!"

[/quote]

4A

[quote name="ispeakjive" post="957027" timestamp="1296276685"]
I would love to see it, but state championship-caliber teams don't squeak out two point wins against PNG three weeks before the playoffs start.  They should make a nice run, but I don't think they are an elite team.  I can't see them beating the upper echelon teams from this region at this point.  Hopefully they prove me wrong.
[/quote]

I'm guessing U didn't see them play against Christian Life in the Nederland Classic?? If you've only seen a few games this year, you're missing the boat...

[quote name="baddog" post="956648" timestamp="1296255934"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=79384.msg956548#msg956548 date=1296245188]

[/quote]

See how you had to go out of district (get your big brother  ;D) and to a 5A team? If we are going to try and win state, I don't think any 5a teams will be in the way.

It's funny that Nederland has hardly ever been included in playoff basketball talks, but when we are doing very well and could possibly make a big push towards state (who knows how far we will go) we have threads predicting which game will be our demise instead of having anything encouraging said.
[/quote]After district, I'm rooting te dogs on all the way.  I was simply throwing a jab in about PAM. ;D ;D

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="957116" timestamp="1296283400"]
[quote author=baddog link=topic=79384.msg956648#msg956648 date=1296255934]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=79384.msg956548#msg956548 date=1296245188]

[/quote]

[/quote]After district, I'm rooting te dogs on all the way.  I was simply throwing a jab in about PAM. ;D ;D
[/quote]Soulja "R" you ready for some baseball ;) GO DOGS

This thread should be a tribute to the job Coach English has done.Can they win state? Answer No.Will they play as well as they possibly can? Answer Yes. Will the club they play be better prepared? Answer No. One thing for sure ,the program is headed in the right direction or we wouldn't be having this topic discussed.Congrats Dogs on a great season !!!!

Exactly as speechless said and wshalum.  It is a tribute to the job Coach English has done. 
The playoffs are about matchups and if you are peaking at the right time, if you are hot or not.  Sometimes, or maybe most times the best team does not get to the State Tournament. 
You have to be good and lucky. Lucky with a capitol L.

I think we all know why this thread was started by a memorial fan. Apparently, it is bash NED and its coach week. I don't think he is getting the results that he hoped for though. Can NED win state--not likely. I do believe English will have them prepared to the best of his abilities, but we just don't have enough horses imo. I don't see NED getting out of Region 3 with our guard play vs Ball, LaMarque, or a Yates, but who knows.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476