Can Nederland win state this year?

[quote name="tappedout" post="958560" timestamp="1296574003"]
Last summer! I have been to several of Nederland's games this season. They have a good team but when you put a lot of pressure on them, they struggle. I'm just saying 20-4A is down this season and when the playoff's it will not last long. I hope I'm wrong because I like watching this team play.
[/quote]
they struggle, really?? Enlighten me please. How many TOs do they average when they are pressured?  Did U watch them deal w/pressure against every team they played in the YMBL Tourney and every team who presses them?? How about refer to an instance instead of speaking out of your ears about generalities??

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Honest Abe" post="958566" timestamp="1296574466"]
[quote author=tappedout link=topic=79384.msg958560#msg958560 date=1296574003]
Last summer! I have been to several of Nederland's games this season. They have a good team but when you put a lot of pressure on them, they struggle. I'm just saying 20-4A is down this season and when the playoff's it will not last long. I hope I'm wrong because I like watching this team play.
[/quote]
they struggle, really?? Enlighten me please. How many TOs do they average when they are pressured?  Did U watch them deal w/pressure against every team they played in the YMBL Tourney and every team who presses them?? How about refer to an instance instead of speaking out of your ears about generalities??
[/quote]

Nederland has played some terrible games this year and they were under pressure for most of them.. West Brook was one of the worst and Memorial was just as bad.. Turnovers like crazy.. Even some games Nederland has won, they have looked bad..

Nederland is a good team, but not great.. At least, not yet ;) They have more potential than most teams around here of being great

Nederland's success will be determined by their lay-out of getting to Austin, in other words, how many times will they have to play G-Ball, LaMarque, or Yates.. To be completely honest, Nederland can beat LaMarque and Ball. Those teams just put better players than you on the court and win that way. Nederland can match-up with their guys and give them a good game and even win with the right amount of opportunities.. Yates is a completely different style of Basketball.. They are the biggest obstacle.. BUT all this talk wont mean anything if NED doesnt TCB every week and play consistent ball like they can.. Good Luck Nederland and finish strong

[quote name="dogs1218" post="958597" timestamp="1296576593"]
[quote author=Honest Abe link=topic=79384.msg958566#msg958566 date=1296574466]
[quote author=tappedout link=topic=79384.msg958560#msg958560 date=1296574003]
[/quote]
[/quote]

Nederland has played some terrible games this year and they were under pressure for most of them.. West Brook was one of the worst and Memorial was just as bad.. Turnovers like crazy.. Even some games Nederland has won, they have looked bad..

Nederland is a good team, but not great.. At least, not yet ;) They have more potential than most teams around here of being great

Nederland's success will be determined by their lay-out of getting to Austin, in other words, how many times will they have to play G-Ball, LaMarque, or Yates.. To be completely honest, Nederland can beat LaMarque and Ball. Those teams just put better players than you on the court and win that way. Nederland can match-up with their guys and give them a good game and even win with the right amount of opportunities.. Yates is a completely different style of Basketball.. They are the biggest obstacle.. BUT all this talk wont mean anything if NED doesnt TCB every week and play consistent ball like they can.. Good Luck Nederland and finish strong
[/quote]

You r right about the matchups. I actually hope they face Ball b/c they match up btr against them. Yates is a team I don't think they want to face b/c as U said 'a completely different syle og B-ball'. U also referred to two games they played before their 14 game win streak. Those were games early
in the year. English has made adjustments since then and their TOs have decreased. They actually led the entire game vs. WB before they 'blew it' at the end of the game by missing 21 free throws. TOs hurt them, yes. But they lost the game at the charity stripe.

Nederland has struggled with the press all year. They haven't even seen a press like Yates or La Marque. They are lucky however that they likely won't play a team ranked in front of them until the regional tournament if I looked at the bracket right. They have 3 games they have to win before we can even look that far ahead and not to mention the rest of district. Plus one or two injuries and they may not get out of the second round. So much still has to happen before we ever stop worrying about Yates Ball and La Marque.

[quote name="dogs1218" post="958704" timestamp="1296581766"]
[quote author=LAZEEK link=topic=79384.msg958703#msg958703 date=1296581672]
0.0%!!!!
[/quote]

We are talking about Nederland going to state ZEEK, not the [b]chance of HJ beating Silsbee tonight [/b] :D
[/quote]0% chance.  The political answer 75% while in Sour Lake, Tx...  ;D ;D :D :D

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="958729" timestamp="1296583184"]
[quote author=dogs1218 link=topic=79384.msg958704#msg958704 date=1296581766]
0.0%!!!!
[/quote]

We are talking about Nederland going to state ZEEK, not the [b]chance of HJ beating Silsbee tonight [/b] :D
[/quote]0% chance.  The political answer 75% while in Sour Lake, Tx...  ;D ;D :D :D
[/quote]

Are you referring that HJ gets some home cooking there Soulja???

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="958735" timestamp="1296583662"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=79384.msg958729#msg958729 date=1296583184]
0.0%!!!!
[/quote]

[/quote]

Home-Cooking? That happens in HJ? ??? :D
[/quote]

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="958735" timestamp="1296583662"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=79384.msg958729#msg958729 date=1296583184]
0.0%!!!!
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]No comment...  8) 8) 8) 8)  ;D

Guest tappedout
Abe,

Maybe you don't know what you are seeing when you are watching the games. Kind of funny that other people has seen exactly what I have seen. English is a very good coach and will have his team prepared. I hope they do make a long run in the playoff's because I would love to follow them. I just answered the question and what I see.

[quote name="tappedout" post="958925" timestamp="1296593472"]
Abe,

Maybe you don't know what you are seeing when you are watching the games. Kind of funny that other people has seen exactly what I have seen. English is a very good coach and will have his team prepared. I hope they do make a long run in the playoff's because I would love to follow them. I just answered the question and what I see.
[/quote]

First of all, I NEVER said they will win state, did I? I said that I agree that their best chance to get out of the region is against Ball. Coach English knows how to prepare, yes. He will have them ready. He knows his chances r best against Ball-he told me! I watched them beat Ball this past summer, so I KNOW they can 'hang' w/them. Again, I concur that Yates is a 'different beast' all together. I don't know anyone who wants to face them. So...what's Ur point exactly??

Nobody knows.  A month from now, maybe Nederland is playing 25% better than they are now.  If so, why wouldnt they have a chance?  If they are playing 25% worse, probably they might lose first or second round.  Personally, I am pulling for any local team to represent the golden triangle in Austin whether its mine or not.  Speaks well of basketball for this area if it happens.

[quote name="stevenash" post="960148" timestamp="1296685887"]
Nobody knows.  A month from now, maybe Nederland is playing 25% better than they are now.  If so, why wouldnt they have a chance?  If they are playing 25% worse, probably they might lose first or second round.  Personally, I am pulling for any local team to represent the golden triangle in Austin whether its mine or not.  Speaks well of basketball for this area if it happens.
[/quote]

Good to hear a TRUE SETX sports fan here. I too will pull for any teams coming out of this area, regardless if it's a team I routinely cheer against during district play. If Nederland plays like they did last night in Quarters 1, 3, & 4, they will cruise through the 1st 2 (hopefully 3) rounds in the playoffs.

• 4 weeks later...
[quote name="CATMAN" post="972898" timestamp="1298697887"]
How can they win state when they cant with reg.3
[/quote]

Don't know what else u want them to do. They won, no? They dominated the entire game untilK. Smith fouled out. They were up by 18 in the 3rd. Then K. Smith fouled out early in 4th over the 3rd 'touch foul' called on him. With him out, Huntsville got back in the game, making just about every shot they took. Huntsville is a tough team. Would like to see the 12 games (teams) they lost this yr. Can't believe they were a 3rd place team in their district. Anyone know who won their district?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476