Coach Jerry Stewart--it is official!

bronco1

[quote name="Diamond J" post="956105" timestamp="1296175962"]
DISD Board of Trustees accepted Coach Jerry Stewart's letter of resignation as AD/HC at last nights board meeting. He will remain as AD only.

Congrats AND many thanks to Coach Stewart for having a great run at Dayton----for those of us who do not remember we were everyone's Homecoming game before his tenure as the "big dog"----

I hate to see it end but thanks again!
[/quote]

Let's try this again and stay on topic.

Thanks to Coach Stewart for all the years. Enjoy your new job as AD for the BRONCOS. It has been an honor to have my boys play for you. You have earned the right to slow down a little. The program will continue with the staff that you have put together. THANK YOU

Time to name the stadium.  Stewart Stadium      Jerry's world already taken by the Cowboys

[quote name="Dayton Transplant" post="956261" timestamp="1296222908"]
Thanks to Coach Stewart for all the years. Enjoy your new job as AD for the BRONCOS. It has been an honor to have my boys play for you. You have earned the right to slow down a little. The program will continue with the staff that you have put together. THANK YOU

Time to name the stadium.   Stewart Stadium      Jerry's world already taken by the Cowboys
[/quote]

Agreed, Coach Stewart has been a blessing for Dayton. Any idea who will replace him?

[quote name="Dayton Transplant" post="956261" timestamp="1296222908"]

Time to name the stadium.   Stewart Stadium      Jerry's world already taken by the Cowboys
[/quote] He already was AD.. He will now be Part Time AD... And as for who replaces him from another post, grapevine info said rumor has it will be one of the Bronco coaches. So anyone know when the announcement will be on who it is?

Your new Dayton Football HC is ... Coach Hancock ;)

Talked to alot of players tonight at the B-Ball game and thats what they have been told. I still would love to hear games be announced at " Stewart Stadium". Coach will be missed on the sidelines but will still be involved with the program. Maybe he will have more time to get a [color=purple]SOCCER [/color] coach and promote the JV B-Ball coach to head coach but that is another thread ;D

Ok So the program will probably be the same, The new HC will be from within and knows Stewarts program inside and out, The only question I have is will the respect be the same? I mean we all know the boys have the up most respect for Coach Stewart which accounts for ALOT of the success for this program under Stewart, I don't care how much coaching skill you have. Will the level of that respect be the same between players and coaches?

[quote name="Dayton Transplant" post="957932" timestamp="1296490364"]
Hancock is a rumor until official word comes in. Lets not spread second hand rumors. As far as JV B-Ball, I hope you are not talking about baseball coach. We have a good head coach, just needs time (just starting 2nd year.
[/quote]

BASKETBALL ;D Didnt dream up Hancock just goin by what the players are sayin ;)

[quote name="rollinac" post="962782" timestamp="1297181736"]
Alright you folks in my old hometown aren't working hard enough.  I've yet to see the Stewart Unretirment Thread.  Diamond J, you must get on this!  You too Bronco 1!  I will organize a sit in boycott protest at the house next to SFA if need be....
[/quote]If I thought it had a snowballs chance I'd be with you. I hate to see Coach Stewart go but he has earned the right to enjoy life a little. Most Dayton folks remember just how bad we were prior to his arrival.
Dayton was EVERYONE'S Homecoming game and as the old story from our friend L.W. goes " we were so bad that opposing teams wanted to have their Homecoming game at our house".
I am just thankful that my sons had the opportunity to know him and his leadership.

[quote name="Diamond-J" post="963479" timestamp="1297263899"]
[quote author=rollinac link=topic=79369.msg962782#msg962782 date=1297181736]
Alright you folks in my old hometown aren't working hard enough.  I've yet to see the Stewart Unretirment Thread.  Diamond J, you must get on this!  You too Bronco 1!  I will organize a sit in boycott protest at the house next to SFA if need be....
[/quote]If I thought it had a snowballs chance I'd be with you. I hate to see Coach Stewart go but he has earned the right to enjoy life a little. Most Dayton folks remember just how bad we were prior to his arrival.
Dayton was EVERYONE'S Homecoming game and as the old story from our friend L.W. goes " we were so bad that opposing teams wanted to have their Homecoming game at our house".
I am just thankful that my sons had the opportunity to know him and his leadership.
[/quote]

I agree Diamond J, if we could change his mind he wouldn't be who he is.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder