Longview Lady Lobo Invitational Update Thread/Post updates here!

WOSgrad

PN-G lost to a strong 5A Creekview team 6-0. Creekview had beaten Longview Pine Tree 2-1 earlier. PN-G then played Pine Tree and were leading 1-0 late in the game when Pine Tree scored on a freak goal when the ball slipped out the goalie's hands while punting the ball out of the box. Final score: 1-1.

Wow..Tough way to end a tournament, but its soccer and those things happen!  The Keeper is a talented Sophmore and will only get better.  1-1 Against Longview Pine Tree who was ranked #3 in Region II in TASCO's preseason rankings is a positive considering that PNG is still banged up.  The Creekview Team is very good and Ranked # 10 in the Dallas Area for 5A teams.

Coach Bates always schedules a tough pre-season to get her team not only ready for district, but the playoffs.  I can assure you this team will still be the team to beat in District 38....

Going for 3 District Championships in a row...Good Luck Lady Indians!

I soooo agree! ;D When you schedule tougher teams to make you better...you can be 3-5-1 and still ranked #5 in Region 3!  FF...I enjoy your post; You always shoot straight!  And Friendswood is the program everyone is trying to get to.  Im amazed that every year, yall re-load and go at it again!  Still think the "lady indians" will make a big run in the playoffs!  The inury bug has bit them early on this year...but thats soccer!  Good luck to yall in District and hope we have a date in our near future...

Since all of the district 38 slots and all of the district 43 slots are on opposite sides of the bracket, the "date" could only happen in the Regional Final, and I am expecting Midway to be the team lining up against Friendswood that day. But, heck, get some of your injured kids back and see if you can capture some lightening in a bottle.  To quote Tug McGraw, "you gotta believe."  ;D 

As for FHS, it's not terribly hard to re-load when the school is full of really athletic girls who grew up playing highly competitive club soccer.  Like I've said before, there are lots and lots of Premier and D1 soccer players in every grade down into the junior high school.  Heck, this year, a bunch of seniors who grew up playing Premier/D1 opted not to play high school soccer, and the team has hardly skipped a beat (The same thing happened to the volleyball team this year, and the FHS girls still made it to the Regional Final). 

Wow!  I must say that is Impressive with regards to the amount of the talent pool!  The Lady Indians will get healthy...and they will make some noise in the playoffs.  Still have to get by the team that has knocked us out the last two years....in Brenham.  But just like last year..whomever wins that game...will get to Midway or whomever comes out of the lower portion of the bracket..

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder