best qb in southeast tx

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ECBucFan
I'll take the 2A District MVP, Hank "the tank" Jones. I don't know of anyone else with the same [i]combination[/i] of power, speed, arm strength, accuracy, game knowledge/decision making, and TOUGHNESS as Hank Jones. Other might excel in one or two areas, but Hank has it all. It was a privilege to have Hank wearing the Green & Gold the past three years! Well done!  ;D 

[quote name="ECBucFan" post="951605" timestamp="1295525024"]
I'll take the 2A District MVP, Hank "the tank" Jones. I don't know of anyone else with the same [i]combination[/i] of power, speed, arm strength, accuracy, game knowledge/decision making, and TOUGHNESS as Hank Jones. Other might excel in one or two areas, but Hank has it all. It was a privilege to have Hank wearing the Green & Gold the past three years! Well done!  ;D 
[/quote]
You haven't seen Green from Ozen then.
Green is faster and has a stronger arm than Jones. He is something to watch! Would love to see what he could do with a real Offensive Line?? Spends most of his time running for his life.

Guest ECBucFan
You mentioned "faster" and "stronger [i]arm[/i]". What about the rest of Jones combination? Jones has power and game intelligence few possess. Jones toughness? [i]Off the charts![/i] 

[quote name="ECBucFan" post="951872" timestamp="1295558715"]
You mentioned "faster" and "stronger [i]arm[/i]". What about the rest of Jones combination? Jones has power and game intelligence few possess. Jones toughness? [i]Off the charts![/i] 
[/quote]He was stating that if you have seen Green in action, you would think otherwise.  I agree.  You just have to see this kid in action... 

Guest ECBucFan
[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="951888" timestamp="1295560009"]
I havn't seen him, but I have a buddy from Silsbee that have seen him and told me about Jones.  I sincerely trust his analysis.  I know Jones is the real deal.
[/quote]

And likewise, Green. All I have seen is a few TV clips, but just the commentary in this thread verifies Green is among the very best! Jones probably does have the most raw strength of any area QB (ask the opposing LB's!  ;D ), and like mentioned, his toughness is unparalleled. Green probably has the greatest "big play" potential on any given snap, and greatest athleticism . No argument there. Bottom line: two GREATS QB's!   

[quote name="ECBucFan" post="952376" timestamp="1295643230"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=78396.msg951888#msg951888 date=1295560009]
I havn't seen him, but I have a buddy from Silsbee that have seen him and told me about Jones.  I sincerely trust his analysis.  I know Jones is the real deal.
[/quote]

And likewise, Green. All I have seen is a few TV clips, but just the commentary in this thread verifies Green is among the very best! Jones probably does have the most raw strength of any area QB (ask the opposing LB's!  ;D ), and like mentioned, his toughness is unparalleled. Green probably has the greatest "big play" potential on any given snap, and greatest athleticism . No argument there. Bottom line: two GREATS QB's!   
[/quote]
Are you guys talking about 2011-2012?

I've seen video of Jones. Big, strong kid with good (not great) HS arm. He will play college football, but not at QB. Maybe LB! Reminds me of the Jason Phillips kid from Waller several years back. Great competitor at QB and helped them win, but not a college QB. Moved to LB at TCU and excelled. May be the path that Merka will take as well.

Green will play QB in college. He is 6'2" 180+ and has a rocket for an arm. And he can throw on the run as well as any QB I have seen in recent history at the HS/College level.

To very good HS QB's!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder