How does HJ compare to Silsbee this year?

BADSANTA

Ok go down the list. HJ has basketball. Even though neither have state titles, Silsbee gets the edge in football. Baseball would have to go to Silsbee as  based on more wins and playoff rounds. Soccer goes to Silsbee. Golf to HJ. Tennis HJ. Farming HJ.  Girls basketball slightly to Silsbee, Power Lifting Silsbee, Track & Field Silsbee, UIL test scores HJ. To be honest, they are about even.

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="FanintheStands" post="941515" timestamp="1294082755"]
Hmmm..... I keep going into Setxsports.com and clicking on the Boys Basketball Forum and I keep coming to this thread.  Something must be wrong.
[/quote]Seems the common thread is that SOME EX basketball HJ and Silsbee fans didn't learn to focus and stay on topic for this year. ;)

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="941547" timestamp="1294087669"]
[quote author=FanintheStands link=topic=78065.msg941515#msg941515 date=1294082755]
Hmmm..... I keep going into Setxsports.com and clicking on the Boys Basketball Forum and I keep coming to this thread.  Something must be wrong.
[/quote]Seems the common thread is that SOME EX basketball HJ and Silsbee fans didn't learn to focus and stay on topic for this year. ;)
[/quote]You know, I just don't understand the prevailing attitude that if one loves their team, then that means they think every one else's teams are nothing but a bunch of losers. 

Silsbee has a fantastic team and seems to be especially strong this year when you consider their performances against Ozen, West Brook, and especially Ball.  Hardin Jefferson has a fantastic team, but they seem to be weaker than they have been the last 4 years.  However, they have the potential to be even stronger this year than they have been, should some loose ends come together.

But I gotta wonder that each team has benefited immensely by the rivalry that has been around in recent years.  I think each team has made the other team stronger.

That's just my two cents worth...........

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="941561" timestamp="1294089260"]
And I'm waiting for the day when a HJ person can compliment Silsbee without boasting HJ at the same time :D
[/quote]

seeing that this thread is about COMPARING the two schools, you might have to look somewhere else.

[quote name="bullets13" post="941565" timestamp="1294089331"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=78065.msg941561#msg941561 date=1294089260]
And I'm waiting for the day when a HJ person can compliment Silsbee without boasting HJ at the same time :D
[/quote]

seeing that this thread is about COMPARING the two schools, you might have to look somewhere else.
[/quote]Don't mind me. I'm just jealous of the success. ;)

Silsbee Girl Basketball vs Hardin Jefferson Girls basketball.....both of them have a strong winning traditions. I'd have to go with Silsbee on this. I'm aware of HJ's success in the 80's and 90's. Silsbee has had the same type of success over the entire 90's and early 2000's. Silsbee girls have 8-9 Allstate players with Two All Americans. They have been to state 3 times I recall with no championship. HJ Girls may have won a state title. I'm not sure. Silsbee was in 4A for about 25 years is the reason I give ths to them over 3A HJ at the time. I dont think there was a better guard combo to come thru SETX than Stallworth/McCain.

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="941578" timestamp="1294090881"]
Silsbee Girl Basketball vs Hardin Jefferson Girls basketball.....both of them have a strong winning traditions. I'd have to go with Silsbee on this. I'm aware of HJ's success in the 80's and 90's. Silsbee has had the same type of success over the entire 90's and early 2000's. Silsbee girls have 8-9 Allstate players with Two All Americans. They have been to state 3 times I recall with no championship. HJ Girls may have won a state title. I'm not sure. Silsbee was in 4A for about 25 years is the reason I give ths to them over 3A HJ at the time. I dont think there was a better guard combo to come thru SETX than Stallworth/McCain.
[/quote]

Easy way to prove it just watch the scores this year on the girls side....or last year, or the year before that even.

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="941590" timestamp="1294092699"]
Aggie I looked it up in UIL records all the way back to 1980 and I don't see them. They have had some great talent but not Stallworth/McCain talent. Don't think any other school in SETX has had that kind of talent.
[/quote]

Might want to check Yatisha Bosha (Current HJ Freshman Zjori Bosha's aunt).  4A/3A Player of the year in Texas and All American that played for A&M!!!!!

And she was closely followed by Stephanie Edwards and Ramona Jones.

Aggie, does Silsbee have more Allstate players than HJ in basketball? For a fact I know we have 12-15 Allstate players from Silsbee High. I know HJ has had a ton as well. For Silsbee I can name Dabney, David Green, both Daryl and Lloyd MacArthur , Damien Bush, AL Henry, Chris Martin, Thad Holden, L. Arline, Chris Miller, Shanon Robinson, DC Stallworth, and Avory Thomas. Who else did I miss?

Lazeek they could hold water to the Silsbee girls. Those two guards average 28 and 22 points ( Mccain was freshman) in 1995 that season. Both were Parade All American 2nd team members. Brandi played at Florida and Laquan Stallworth played at La Tech. I know of those HJ girls but Lazeek they could touch them. Aggie please co sign on this.

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="941592" timestamp="1294092946"]
[quote author=BADSANTA link=topic=78065.msg941590#msg941590 date=1294092699]
Aggie I looked it up in UIL records all the way back to 1980 and I don't see them. They have had some great talent but not Stallworth/McCain talent. Don't think any other school in SETX has had that kind of talent.
[/quote]

Might want to check Yatisha Bosha (Current HJ Freshman Zjori Bosha's aunt).  4A/3A Player of the year in Texas and All American that played for A&M!!!!!

And she was closely followed by Stephanie Edwards and Ramona Jones.

[/quote]I could be wrong, but I believe McCain went to the WNBA for a few years.