How does HJ compare to Silsbee this year?

BADSANTA

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="941561" timestamp="1294089260"]
And I'm waiting for the day when a HJ person can compliment Silsbee without boasting HJ at the same time :D
[/quote]No, you're waiting for any person with a lick of basketball sense to toss a bone to HF's program!  I think you'd even take a compliment from someone who couldn't spell basketball!!!  ;)

BTW, you guys used to have a poster on your wall that is the all-time best (I don't know if its still there).
"[i]If you can't be an athlete, be an athletic supporter[/i]".  Even if it was stolen from the movie Grease, its still great!!!

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="KHSAlum400" post="941599" timestamp="1294093837"]
Who has the best-looking jerseys this year? Silsbee or H-J?

Which team has the best looking shoes this year? Silsbee or H-J?

What's next?
[/quote]

You forgot which Coach has the best dance moves. ;D

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="941512" timestamp="1294081710"]
Ok go down the list. HJ has basketball. Even though neither have state titles, Silsbee gets the edge in football. Baseball would have to go to Silsbee as  based on more wins and playoff rounds. Soccer goes to Silsbee. Golf to HJ. Tennis HJ. Farming HJ.  [b]Girls basketball slightly to Silsbee[/b], Power Lifting Silsbee, Track & Field Silsbee, UIL test scores HJ. To be honest, they are about even.
[/quote]

Here you go for the girls......

Not sure how many trips to Austin for the Lady Hawks, but they have two State Championships in 86 and 89!!!

In all Hardin-Jefferson has 31 State Champions!!!!!!

[u]16 Team Championships[/u]
3---Boys Basketball
2---Girls Basketball
11---Boys Golf

[u]15 Individual/Relay Championships [/u]
Boys 180 Yard Hurdles
2---Boys Tennis Singles
7---Individual Golf Medalist
3---Girls Track 400M
Girls Track 1600M Relay
Boys Track 400M

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="941747" timestamp="1294110711"]
In all HJ 31 State Champions!!!!!!

3---Girls Track 400M
Girls Track 1600M Relay
Boys Track 400M
[/quote]Mona Martel in the 400 meters.  Girl could fly!
Dozier Lee won the boys 400 meters as a freshman.  Then he placed 2nd behind a kid named Ketchums for the next 3 years.

Oddly enough, I believe both Mona and Dozier have died.  Neither one would be 50 years old if they had lived.

[quote name="FanintheStands" post="941686" timestamp="1294104272"]
[quote author=no-look link=topic=78065.msg941652#msg941652 date=1294101139]
What I would really like to know is who has the best eating joints?
[/quote]With Chili's and Novrozsky's just down the road, I'd have to give it to Silsbee.  (but only begrudgingly).
[/quote]

I tried to start a new thread asking which team had the better NBA LIVE or MADDEN or CALL OF DUTY players, but I guess they thought that question was not as relevant as who had the best eating joints.

[quote name="stevenash" post="941839" timestamp="1294151128"]
[quote author=FanintheStands link=topic=78065.msg941686#msg941686 date=1294104272]
[/quote]With Chili's and Novrozsky's just down the road, I'd have to give it to Silsbee.  (but only begrudgingly).
[/quote]

I tried to start a new thread asking which team had the better NBA LIVE or MADDEN or CALL OF DUTY players, but I guess they thought that question was not as relevant as who had the best eating joints.
[/quote]

There lies the problem. You tried to start a new thread, which was totally unnecessary. All the silly questions should be asked on this thread. ;)

Guest speechless
hj has 6 trips to the state tourney on the girls side with 2 championships

ill put tootie bosha, stephanie edwards, and ramona jones against any guard combo ever from this area

if youll remember mona lead the lamar women's team to the elite 8 her senior year

there have been 4 or 5 girls with the last name Spears come thru hj and all have been all state

on the boys side you gonna have to go back a long way to start tracking all state players all the way back to the days of bob chisum in the early 60's if you wanna name them all

hj also had the 3a player of the year 2 of the last 4 years

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="941845" timestamp="1294151643"]
[quote author=stevenash link=topic=78065.msg941839#msg941839 date=1294151128]
[quote author=FanintheStands link=topic=78065.msg941686#msg941686 date=1294104272]
[/quote]

[/quo

There lies the problem. You tried to start a new thread, which was totally unnecessary. All the silly questions should be asked on this thread. ;)
[/quote]

If this is considered a problem, there are bigger problems out there than I realized.  I will be more careful before offending the "new thread police".

[quote name="speechless" post="941875" timestamp="1294157231"]
aaw, you oughta check to see who continually changed the subject to all state players and football programs it was the thread originator
[/quote]

Oh I know exactly who changed it. BS kept reaching after not liking what he was grabbing. ;D

I wonder how many of us know this much information about our own families?  Sure seems we know alot about the success in athletics at our schools but what about academics and those things.  It seems we are holding a debate for everything against everything school.  Why dont we post stats on who sales the best popcorn?  Or which school has the best colors?  This just seems like we have gotten a little immature with this all.  There are tons of schools out there with success at all kinds of levels that we could post things about.  Both Hj and Silsbee both have good basketball programs or athletic programs. 

Guest speechless

[quote]I had alot more respect for HJ before I came on this site.  I thought they were a great program that basketball schools should try to emulate.  I still think they have a great basketball program. [/quote]

lol....you base your judgment of a program off of fans from a public website?  you either don't get around much or this is the only public website you have ever visited.  EVERY school has this kind of talk....ever been to 3adownlow or smoaky.com?  sheesh....

of cousr, i am sure those at hj are just devastated by your announced lessened respect

[quote name="east texas bb" post="941898" timestamp="1294160101"]
I had alot more respect for HJ before I came on this site.  I thought they were a great program that basketball schools should try to emulate.  I still think they have a great basketball program. 
[/quote]

I am gonna have a tough time sleeping tonight and from now on based on this statement!!!!