**SILSBEE vs. JASPER Broadcast**/ SILSBEE WINS 65-48!!

Tigers looked lathargic in the first half.  Look a lot more like themselves this half Spikes with 2 big threes toward the end.  Tigers lead by 11 with less than a minute to go. Tigers not doing real well on the boards tonight at least not on the offensive end. Settling for too many 3's. Have had 3 missed dunks.

Much closer than I expected.  I expected Silsbee by 30.  What I was saying is that if you get to 20-25 points, most coaches will try and keep it in that area and get the win, still playing hard but resting your best, and I know Silsbee is deep.  And a week off is a VERY GOOD thing to have a this time of year.  Do you realize they start district pretty soon.  It is time to make final prepartions in practice, like new stuff that you have not shown so far and to give your players a much needed rest if they have already played 12-15 games.  Most coaches do this to let the players heal for injuries and let them get their legs back under them.  Esseintally half the season is over for most teams and they will skip a Tuesday game to give the players a chance to get their grades in check, bodies healed, and bodies rested.  Common coaching practice.  I would imagine other coaches in the Region will do the same pretty soon.  I do not think, not playing one Tuesday game is going to make you rusty.  I think Jasper is pretty good and Silsbee had to play them at Jasper and the matchup was favorable for a game with Jasper.  Neither teams have any real big bodies.

Congrats Silsbee, and Congrats Jasper for showing that fight, from looking at the game it appeared Jasper matched up pretty good with the big man on the inside, but the second half Silsbee came out with the press and made the game up beat. Those 2 three by the lil man Spikes cut the game close, good game Jasper and again Silsbee good win.

Give credit to Jasper for playing a good game.  The Tigers didn't get the ball inside tonight especially in the first half.  Some of that was due to Jaspers defense and some was settling for too many 3's.  You could see DC geting frustrated.  We need him involved in the offense it opens it up for everyone else.  At the same time he has to realize that teams are going to try to make it hard to get him in the game.  He has to keep himself in the game and make his opportuties.  The second half he got a little more involved and we picked up the defensive intensity to pull out the win.

[quote name="no-look" post="935633" timestamp="1292682249"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=77697.msg935295#msg935295 date=1292638208]
Halftime

Silsbee    23
Jasper     25
[/quote]AAW, were you starting to get that sinking feeling at this point?   ;D
[/quote]

It gave me a few ugly flashbacks but fortunately the Tigers quickly erased those in the first 4 minutes of the 3rd quarter. ;D

I give credit to Jasper. They played really, really good defense. They stuck to that 2-3 zone and refused to come out of it. Jasper did an excellant job on the defensive glass, particularly in the first half, limiting Silsbee to just one shot and not allowing the Tigers any offensive putbacks. Jasper also showed some patience on offense in the first half, working for the shot and not forcing too much. Silsbee played their typical man-to-man defense in the first half, doing a good job but the Tigers offense played frustratingly that first half, shooting less than 28% from the field. Not being able to get the ball inside to Stallworth and getting outrebounded on the offensive end and Silsbee struggling to hit the outside shot, kept Jasper in it the first half. Silsbee tooked too many quick outside shots the first half and was not patient enough to work it inside. Tigers were completely frustrated in the first half.

Second half, much better story. Silsbee switched to a trapping zone press which created some early turnovers and allowed Silsbee to go on a 10-0 run to get the lead back. The Tigers also showed more patience on the offensive end, getting the ball inside and knocking down the open shot. Silsbee also rebounded offensively much better in the second half. Silsbee outscored Jasper 20-7 in the 3rd, which was the difference in the game. Silsbee ended up outscoring Jasper in the second half, 42-23.

Individually, Prentice Lane was the man for Silsbee. He single handily kept the Tigers in the game the first half. He had 10 of the Tigers first half 23 points and knocked down a couple of 3's in the second half to finish with 22 points to lead them in scoring. Stallworth only scored 6 but had 11 rebounds and a whopping 9 block shots.

Silsbee needs to fill some of these open dates as best they can. Playing 1 game a week is throwing their rythym off. Hopefully Silsbee can get a few of these dates filled before district starts.

Jasper played a 2-3?  I hope they dont against Huntington, it will not be in Huntingtons favor.  I bet they will think they can pressure Huntington so they will play them tight man the entire game.  Anyway, good win,  that 3rd quarter is so improtant.  You almost have to treat it as a seperate game.  You have to come out the 3rd quarter more agrressive that at any point during the game.  I have seen it too many times, when either a team was leading big at half and came out slow and allowed the other team back in it, and saw it where it was a close game and the team, like Silsbee last night, came out the second and pulled away.  I bet they did it in the first 4 minutes of the 3rd.  Anyway good win for Silsbee on the road.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder