high school player attacks ref ( video )

[quote name="east texas bb" post="933685" timestamp="1292438632"]
This is a great example of the kids of this generation.  First attacking the official, then others defending him and laying the blame on everyone but the kid.
[/quote] I agree, this sort of thing cannot be justified in any way, shape or form. You NEVER put your hands on the officials.

[quote name="24 over par" post="934034" timestamp="1292476531"]
[quote author=BADSANTA link=topic=77539.msg933988#msg933988 date=1292469222]
Jail for you playa
[/quote]i aggree
[/quote]School detention and probation. I don't want my tax dollars paying for him to miss school, drop out, rob people and put back into the penal system with my tax dollars and missing tv.

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="934042" timestamp="1292477423"]
[quote author=24 over par link=topic=77539.msg934034#msg934034 date=1292476531]
[quote author=BADSANTA link=topic=77539.msg933988#msg933988 date=1292469222]
Jail for you playa
[/quote]i aggree
[/quote]School detention and probation. I don't want my tax dollars paying for him to miss school, drop out, rob people and put back into the penal system with my tax dollars and missing tv.
[/quote]

If the punishment is not sufficient, Dove, he will be doing all of the aforementioned anyway. ( Now I await a certain individual to say how I have "thrown this fine young man under the bus")

This is what the local news said of the event.

The game ended in forfeit after the player from Desoto High School in Arcadia, FL attacked the referee after being issued a technical foul and was ejected from the game. The player has been banned from all extracurricular school activites according to the coach, suspended till January 10th as of now, and a police report has been filed. However, the official involved chose not to press charges at this time.

They also said that the Florida Athletic Commission (I what the UIL is to Texas HS Sports) has yet to determine if further punishments will be handed down.

Guest Two-Dogs...
[quote]The player has been banned from all extracurricular school activites according to the coach, suspended till January 10th as of now, and a police report has been filed. However, the official involved chose not to press charges at this time.[/quote]

Seems like appropriate punishment to me.

Looks like our good Mason Holland has felt the need to apologize.  Of course, the fact that its on CNN probably helped convince him.  But alas, does anyone watch CNN anymore?  http://www.theblaze.com/stories/high-school-basketball-player-apologizes-for-attacking-ref/

[quote]Ć¢ā‚¬Å“I worked at it harder than anything in my life and having it taken away from me is a hard feeling,Ć¢ā‚¬Ā said Holland describing how he felt after he was kicked off the Desoto County High School basketball team.

During a game, Holland received a technical foul. Then he pushed another player. The referee kicked Holland out of the game.  Holland reacted by Ć¢ā‚¬Å“clothesliningĆ¢ā‚¬Ā the referee taking the 51 year old man completely to the ground.

Ć¢ā‚¬Å“When I saw it I thought wow thatĆ¢ā‚¬ā„¢s not me. ItĆ¢ā‚¬ā„¢s shocking,Ć¢ā‚¬Ā said Holland describing seeing the video of his actions, Ć¢ā‚¬Å“I didnĆ¢ā‚¬ā„¢t know at the time on the court. I didnĆ¢ā‚¬ā„¢t feel I knew what I was going to do. It just happened. I couldnĆ¢ā‚¬ā„¢t control it.Ć¢ā‚¬Ā

Ć¢ā‚¬Å“You realize you could have really hurt this gentleman?Ć¢ā‚¬Ā asked chief investigator Melissa Yeager.

Ć¢ā‚¬Å“Right, right. Hopefully..I hope heĆ¢ā‚¬ā„¢s ok. I think he just needed ice for his wrist but my intention was not to hurt him,Ć¢ā‚¬Ā replied Holland, Ć¢ā‚¬Å“I didnĆ¢ā‚¬ā„¢t do it to impress nobody. It just happenedĆ¢ā‚¬Ā¦to me it was part of the game.Ć¢ā‚¬Ā[/quote]

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder