Which Team in SE Texas has the best Fans??

KFDM COOP

Good post Diva and Bronco1.

It is easy to be a fan if your team wins all the time..You are a TRUE fan if your team loses all the time and you always support them..

Not alot of people mentioned Vidor on here But Vidor fans come out every year.

Even though we lose we still come out in full force every year.

My kids look up to the High school kids now..There too young to know Vidor's past and I am sure it dont matter to them.Because they have the attitude that they will change that when they get to Varsity,Even if they dont ,then a "true" fan will be there regardless..

Like I said being a fan is easy when your team wins. Try going 28 years without a playoff game..But yet you still see the SAME fans there all those 28 years.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yall want to know what a "best fan " is??

It is going year after year' date=' after year, and watching your team lose..Not just lose but really lose..

Getting excited every year and hoping for the best,but deep down knowing you will probably lose. And renewing season tickets every year knowing you will lose.

Going to those out of town games that are two hours away and watching your team lose.(Horribly)..

But showing up every Friday night and cheering the loudest,screaming at the official,and holding your head up high when you walk out of the stadium already talking about next week...Wondering what "it" is that makes you lose every week.

Looking down at the freshmen squad and JV hoping for the next best player..looking if there is any hope for next year.

Going to that last game knowing you won't be playing in week 11 ,and after the game is over ,looking at the other person sitting next to you and saying "see you next year".

That my friend is a true fan!![/quote']

WOW!!!!!!

AGREE 110%!!!!

DON'T BELIEVE THERE ARE TO MANY "BANDWAGON" FANS IN SOUTHEAST TEXAS. WIN OR LOSE, WE ALL SUPPORT THE SAME WAY.

• 4 weeks later...

HJ I know the stands look empty all the time but it's because all their fans like to stand behind the endzone and watch the game or along the fences on the sidlines. If They mad all the fans sit down and not run around like they do in West Texas there would be standing room only every single week.

id have to say nederland or port neches fans are the best. they are always dressed in their school colors, and they are always LOUD. its always a sea of black for nederland and a sea of purple for png. its really awesome to go to midcounty madness, walk to one end of the field and look into the stands and see all the black and purple. there are not too many high school's fans that can totally black out or purple out one side of a stadium that holds around 10000 people.

• 2 years later...

Battlin Bears.....let's keep in mind that this year when PNG and LCM played that the game was played on a Tuesday night which meant that people had to get up and go to work and get kids to bed and up for school the next morning.  So judging either LCM's or PNG's fans by that night this year isn't quite the fairest way to judge.

Wow..someone dug deep to pull this post back out...My two cents...

If you go with numbers, you have to go with PN-G (facts or facts) but, if you go with a percentage of residents (per capita) basis, I would have to go with several small schools in the area. I had the pleasure of attending High Island HS for a few years and I have never seen such fan support anywhere else. The entire town got behind the team. Residents showed up to pep rally's most of the time and the fans convoyed to the out of town games. And, we're not talking just up the road. We played away games at Chester, Colmesniel, Apple Springs, Burkeville, etc., and the fans followed. So, on a percentage of the total population, I would have to go with HI.

That being said, I spent a few years in Vidor as well and I have have to say that "win or lose" the fans are there year after year. I will also have to throw Warren in the mix. I haven't been to a Warren game in several years but I recall that the fan support was phenomenal (even during the 3 year drought). On the night the Warriors beat Deweyville to end the 37 (I believe) game losing streak, the Deweyville visitor stands were packed. Warren also has a tradition (or did) of having a Watermelon eating get together with the team just before the season starts and a lot of the residents show up (or they did when I was covering them).

Let me add that I worked for a few years as a High School football reporter for several local newspapers, so I had the opportunity to go to a lot of games at many area schools. Most of my experiences at PN-G/Nederland games were exciting but the games were lopsided (the visiting team got clobbered) so I can't say these were the loudest games. I believe the loudest game I ever attended was between Vidor and Silsbee. Both stands (at Vidor) were packed and the fans (both sides) pretty much stayed for the entire game.

Lastly, I am very glad to see the Lumberton stands filled. It's been a long road to get to this point but it's nice to see a packed house. Watch out PN-G/Nederland...The Rez and Bulldog Stadium may have some competition on "loudest/rowdiest" fans in a few years....And, we traveled very well during the playoffs...Ask MB Smiley..Poor Barbers Hill wouldn't have made a dime had it not been for the huge see of Red/Blue that flocked to the playoff game last year. One question for the Raider fans....What happened to tailgating? Thought it was going to continue through the regular season this year!!

Vidor... Win or Lose they usually fill the stand at any park they attend.... Sometimes I feels sorry for the kids on the other side of the field who have a hand full show up for a game and Vidor's visiting side is full. Vidor hasn't had the storied past of Nederland, PN-G, WO-S, Westbrook or any of the other programs, but Vidor's fans show up week in and week out, year after year, Loud and Proud. I Think PN-G and Nederland also have a large following. I can tell you that when Vidor played in BH that we filled their stands even on that far of a ride. We may not have a lot of trophies, banners, or state championships, But we do have a lot of pride and we show it at our games. 

The Dayton fans sure do miss the away game environments in 20-4A.

Although each trip was over an hour, the home stands were always packed.

20-4A is what Friday night Lights is all about.

Each home game is a special night for the communities, the fans, and especially the players.

Another way to pick the best fans is to think of where you would love to play an away game at.

NOTHING comes close to a PN-G game, especially now with the home side seating around 8,000.

I would say Vidor would be #2.

Yall want to know what a "best fan " is??

It is going year after year, after year, and watching your team lose..Not just lose but really lose..

Getting excited every year and hoping for the best,but deep down knowing you will probably lose. And renewing season tickets every year knowing you will lose.

Going to those out of town games that are two hours away and watching your team lose.(Horribly)..

But showing up every Friday night and cheering  the loudest,screaming at the official,and holding your head up high when you walk out of the stadium already talking about next week...Wondering what "it" is that makes you lose every week.

Looking down at the freshmen squad and JV hoping for the next best player..looking if there is any hope for next year.

Going to that last game knowing you won't be playing in week 11 ,and after the game is over ,looking at the other person sitting next to you and saying "see you next year".

That my friend is a true fan!!

What is that like?  ;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    NEWton86
    Newest Member
    NEWton86