Which Team in SE Texas has the best Fans??

KFDM COOP

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest GoStangs

Fans are fans no matter where you go. Some will only show up when teams are winning or when there's a big game at hand, others will show up come rain or shine (literally and figuratively). You have some who will spend a few extra dollars to buy programs at each of the games, even though they can tell you almost anything you want to know about any player on the field, who their family is, and so on, just to support a program; but, you will have others who are upset about the couple of dollars they spent to get in the game and the cost of the programs. You have people who cheer, use artificial noise makers, complain, or sit quiet, no matter what stadium you're at. Most true fans think other people aren't supportive enough, and a lot of people are going to look at true fans and think they are over the top.

Guest GoStangs

Like fans of any other program, some PNG fans would still show up for the games if they were winless, but many of them wouldn't go to the games. We all know the Indians certainly wouldn't bring out 30K people or even 1/3 that number if they were 0-10... They're like any other fan base -- if they're winning, they show up with many rowdy fans; if not, you'll find a lot of empty seats on their side of the stadium.

From what I have seen the Oranefield fans are very supportive BIG TIME. Wos fans are very well informed about many prorgams in the state and know their football. . I have never been to a Png game but from what i hear they come out big time. Up in East Texas Hallsville and Marshall support their teams even when they are loosing. Who are the loudest fans that I have seen in the past ten years? Last year the Kilgore fans cuz liked showed up like two hours before the Larmarque sp game. LOUD LOUD and LOUDER. LOL Jacksonville fans are way over the top and they support their teams. Ask a question and you get a book. My bad. :lol:

Guest JoesBros

Your right Proud being a PNG Ex myself I must admit I have sat on the Nederland side before :evil: Between the barking and them shaking those damn propane bottle to the air horn or whatever it is they blow when they score a touchdown. Nederland does have the loudest fan base in the area.

Bridge City has a pretty good following and they make some noise. BC has been the best fans that BH has played. Outside of that PNG probally owns the title for the loudest fans. I've been to a couple of PNG games the most memorable one was (Don't remeber the year) when PNG played Stephenville in the Dome years back. I'll never forget the sea of Purple at the dome that night, they filled up their side of the dome all the way up through the rainbow seats. When they started the tomahawk chant the dome was rocking!!!! Our fans on the other hand are seperated into two groups you have the home fans and then the travel fans. The home fans although mixed with the travel fans are lame in my opinon. Alot of people show up, but most are trying to improve their political relations with the community! I don't think they even watch the game. The travel fans however are loud and proud! If the game is a tight one everyone leaves witha hoarse throat that night :D

I got to go with West Hardin......man they bring thousands......Just Kidding.

This is ahrd one to answer. Almost every team in East Texas has quite the following. I would have to say those BC, PN-G or Nedrland fans would be close. WOS also travels well.

Now, having said all that....none are better than the Katy Tiger fans......holy-moly them cats travel well.

Guest bigred99

I give it to PNG with Nederland close 2nd.

Went to one of those Mid county madness games a couple of years ago and there is nothing like it. No schools in this area can match the electricty of a football game than those two.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder