Which Team in SE Texas has the best Fans??

KFDM COOP

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I believe that we all agree that there is plenty of fan support for all the local school in southeast texas. I feel the best support is at WO-S, PNG, Nederland, Bridge City and this year Lumberton.

I feel though that the real support is shown when it is a far away out of town game. Last week, the Lumberton vs. New Caney game, there were hardly any fans on the NC side. Now had Lumberton, WO-S, PNG, etc. had gone to New Caney, any of these schools would probably have had the same fan support as at home.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL SCHOOLS THIS YEAR!!!!!!!! :D

Guest ECBucFan

PNG' date=' Nederland and Newton have the best fans.[/quote']

I know you all will think this is pure bias, but I can tell you for a fact EC pulls more fans than Newton. Also, EC basketball enjoys phenominal support.

I'll have to say Nederland and PNG has the best fans because they fill the stands week in and week out if you don't believe me try to go one of there games and set on the home side good luck finding a place to sit. Nederland is loud with there cans and noise makers and barking dog sounds by grown men and PNG has that song they play over and over and over and over for ever and ever. :lol:

Yall want to know what a "best fan " is??

It is going year after year, after year, and watching your team lose..Not just lose but really lose..

Getting excited every year and hoping for the best,but deep down knowing you will probably lose. And renewing season tickets every year knowing you will lose.

Going to those out of town games that are two hours away and watching your team lose.(Horribly)..

But showing up every Friday night and cheering the loudest,screaming at the official,and holding your head up high when you walk out of the stadium already talking about next week...Wondering what "it" is that makes you lose every week.

Looking down at the freshmen squad and JV hoping for the next best player..looking if there is any hope for next year.

Going to that last game knowing you won't be playing in week 11 ,and after the game is over ,looking at the other person sitting next to you and saying "see you next year".

That my friend is a true fan!!

After attending every game of the 99 playoff run, Id have to say PNG fans are the best. That Stephenville game was unbelievable. I had to sit by the jumbotron in the upperdeck. It was unreal. Nederland fans pack it in as well and are probably, or I know are louder. all that darn barking. when your losing it gets old real fast... :lol: But I guess everyone gets real tired of hearing Cherokee over and over and over again too.......Those Beaumont folks from Ozen bring a lot of folks as well....

I would honestly say that the most rabid fans I have seen in a decade of watching lots of Texas High School Football are Ned, PNG and Katy.

I have also sat with BC, LaMarque, Bay City, WOS, and have witnessed dozens of playoff games played in the Houston area in the last 10 years. LaMarque has really great fans too.

I would say that WOS is a truly under rated fan base. They are small but they are enthusiastic. The thing I like about them is their modesty in the stands. They make you feel welcome and everyone seems to be friends. They love their Mustangs but they are not "in your face" and their is no sense of socio-economic separation, everyone is equal. I like that.

Yall want to know what a "best fan " is??

It is going year after year' date=' after year, and watching your team lose..Not just lose but really lose..

Getting excited every year and hoping for the best,but deep down knowing you will probably lose. And renewing season tickets every year knowing you will lose.

Going to those out of town games that are two hours away and watching your team lose.(Horribly)..

But showing up every Friday night and cheering the loudest,screaming at the official,and holding your head up high when you walk out of the stadium already talking about next week...Wondering what "it" is that makes you lose every week.

Looking down at the freshmen squad and JV hoping for the next best player..looking if there is any hope for next year.

Going to that last game knowing you won't be playing in week 11 ,and after the game is over ,looking at the other person sitting next to you and saying "see you next year".

That my friend is a true fan!![/quote']

I wholeheartedly agree piratefan!!

I grew up in Huntington...home of the Mighty Red Devils! . It was always frustrating each year as the season came to the close with more of the same. But we always showed up the following year with high hopes and great school spirit.

I did my part each year to boost school spirit . I would (and still do) hold out hope each year at the dawn of a new season that HHS will have a winning year...which they have yet to accomplish.

Now I find myself in LCM...home of the Battlin' Bears! The experiences I had growing up in HHS is helping me to teach my kids (still only 3rd grade and 6th grade) to support your team no matter what their record is...no matter the sport or competition. They come home telling me that some of the kids at school talk negative about the LCM teams. I explain to them how we are Bears and we should be proud of that, no matter what! I share with them my wonderful memories and experiences of supporting my team and how I will always have hope. If only all the other parents would instill the same attitude in their kids. It's not about winning (even though that's sweet!), it's about building community and pride! So, one day, when we are a winning team, it'll be that much sweeter!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83