Liberty vs. Barbers Hill Game Thread/BH Wins/Comments

WOSgrad

if u were at the game you'd understand. bh shot like 50 free throws... literally... and did anyone else notice that at every break (half time, time-outs, etc.) that one ref was at the bench with bh talking with the coach. first time i've ever seen a ref that breaks with the team... wish we had the film so all you open minded un biased fans could judge for urself without all of our biased opinions. i really wanna know how everyone else saw the game. not juss liberty or bh fans for obvious reasons...

[quote name="dreski" post="923811" timestamp="1291249268"]
if u were at the game you'd understand. bh shot like 50 free throws... literally... and did anyone else notice that at every break (half time, time-outs, etc.) that one ref was at the bench with bh talking with the coach. first time i've ever seen a ref that breaks with the team... wish we had the film so all you open minded un biased fans could judge for urself without all of our biased opinions. i really wanna know how everyone else saw the game. not juss liberty or bh fans for obvious reasons...
[/quote]
Yeah, I would like to hear that too, cuz from the Liberty point of view it was the worse reffed varsity game ive seen.

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="923492" timestamp="1291221805"]
Obviously Liberty hasn't gotten much better since last year.
[/quote]
Obviously we have gotten much better cause we have won more games than yall!!!!! And how much did yall pay the refs to
ref the game? cause we was wreckin on all at first and we they seen tht we wasnt playin the coach called a time out the coach
was tlkin to the ref and they was laughin at each other!! So tell me wats really goin on!! So tlk wat you kno before you tlk about LIBERTY!!!!!!! :D

So what exactly did you see that would lead you to think that the refs had it in for Liberty.  I saw LIBERTY miss about 40 shots.  I saw LIBERTY miss about 20+ Free Throws.  I saw LIBERTY commit about 30+ turnovers.  I saw LIBERTY commit about 10-12 inexcusable fouls.  I saw a LIBERTY player throw an elbow to the face of a defenseless player.  I saw LIBERTY lose their composure completely (yelling at each other, yelling at the other team, yelling at the refs).  How many back cuts did BH score on?  (At least 30-40 points worth, where they were literally standing underneath the basket for an easy layup!)  I guess the refs set the screens on those too.  Could it have been poor defense?

I am curious as to what criteria you're using to determine that the refs had it in for Liberty, because I made the 30 minute drive over to BH, and what I saw was a team that can play the game fast and furious, until the other team adjusted.  Then they fell apart.  That comes down to coaching and player maturity.  One or the other, or both, were the reason we lost.  Not the refs.  And our fans didn't help matters at all, acting like fools in the stands.  If you don't think that crap transfers onto the kids on the team, you don't know much about competition in any sport.  WE will be a playoff team, and we have all the ability to make a deep run, but until we shut up and play the game, and make the adjustments we have to make to win ballgames, we will be talking about what could have been instead of what IS.

[quote name="Go-rilla" post="924128" timestamp="1291302695"]
BH not very good in basketball this year.. Toon saw writing on wall..
Liberty has not been good in basketball in a while...
If someone paid good money to see this game they should have flipped themselves off!!
[/quote]

now thats funny.....on the serious side i have no doubt liberty has improved, i mean what were they last year 2-10 in district? i expect to see improvement, but it's a little early to crown them "contenders", theres alot of bball to play and talent alone does not a team make, composure will be the key.

i heard a liberty player did a dunk in PREGAME(while bh was also slamming dunks) and the refs stopped the pregame called a TECH on the liberty player, let bh take 2 free throws and let bh take the ball out and started the game.

from what i heard this game was rigged. nobody likes bh i hope they enjoyed beating a bunch of 15 and 16 yr olds. Liberty is reaalll young

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder