22-3A scores..Possible 1st Round Playoff Match ups

Looks good because I think Coldspring will win out and win the district undefeated and will be the #1 small school and would play our #2 small school which looks to be Kirbyville. Splendora should get in with 1 district loss (to Coldspring) and would go D1 and would take on our D1 Silsbee. Liberty's 2 district losses are to the unbeatens in that district Coldpring and Splendora. I think Liberty wins out (beating Shepherd and Tarkington) and gets the 3rd spot and would face WOS.

22-3A might as well quit after the regular season is over. After all, WOS and Silsbee have already won the state championship for 2006. Apparently, you guys in the triangle area have not seen Coldspring or Splendora play. Coldspring may have as much team speed as WOS. I did not say they are as good a football team but they are flat out fast. Coach Stewart has done a good job getting the Trojans back on track. Splendora may be one of the "toughest" teams I have seen in a long time. They are not the same team that OField and Hamshire saw earlier this year. Ironically, their turnaround may have come in a 42-33 LOSS to Diboll, when Gilbert Moye returned for the Jacks. They are not gonna win many track meets but their O-Line and backs are bruisers! They have put up nearly 40 points a game in district play. Both of these teams are under new coaches this year and both have gotten their kids to get better and better each week. Remember, Coldspring was 1-9 last year and I think Splendora was 3-7. Regardless of what happens in the playoffs, these teams have made tremendous strides. They are starting to believe and that kind of team can be dangerous come playoff time. So keep on with the "badmouthin" about 22 AAA and we will see in a few weeks. I promise, these teams will show up and they will battle you to the end.

My Mustangs still have two games to worry about before we start thinking about this matchup, but, as a fan, I will say this: on any given Friday, anyone can beat anyone. However...

Splendora has lost to two non-playoff teams from our district and a 4-3 Woodville team. They are 4-4 overall. This does not bode well. They have averaged nearly 40 points per game in district (against 1-7 Cleveland, 2-6 Tarkington and 2-6 Liberty... wow). However, they put up 7 against HF, who WO-S beat 54-0.

Coldspring lost by 38 to Madisonville. I don't care who you're playing - if you lose by that margin, you're no juggernaut.

Liberty, our likely first round opponent, is 2-6 overall and likely headed for the playoffs. That speaks to the weakness of this district and the watered-down playoff system.

Well said Fellow 92,

Is 22-AAA watered down.... Most Likely. Is 21-AAA leaking.... I think not.

Bruisers and backbreakers??? You will see some bruising and backbreaking offenses come week one.

First off, lets finish the regular season. But I admire the fiestyness from the sister district. Makes for better playoff matches.

Game On.

Football Baby!!! Friday Night Football !!!

I don't think I said anything about a "juggernaut" in 22-3A. All I said was that these teams improve every week. It is no secret 21-3A top to bottom is a better district and should be favored in all 3 matchups come playoff time. Like I said earlier, Coldspring and Splendora are much better than they were earlier this year. By no means am I predicting them to advance past the first round, that would be stupid, BUT.....stranger things have happened in the playoffs.

Right now, no one has been eliminated from the playoff race in this district. Tarkington and Cleveland still could get in wih some help. Liberty is not the "shoe in" like most are thinking.

Coldspring 3-0 remaining games Cleveland, Splendora

Splendora 3-0 remaining games Shepherd, Coldspring

Shepherd 1-2 remaining games Splendora, Liberty

Liberty 1-2 remaining games Tarkington, Shepherd

Cleveland 1-2 remaining games Coldspring, Tarkington

Tarkington 1-2 remaining games Liberty, Cleveland

Shpherd's Qb is out. It's going to be hard for them. I think that the winner of liberty- Tarkington gets 3rd with a 2-3 record.

common district opponents.

Splendora-

Liberty lost by 20@liberty

Tarkington by 19@Splendora

Coldsprings-

Liberty lost by 12@Liberty

Tarkington by 11@Tarkington

This game should determine 3rd.

here are my picks..

Splendora over Shepherd by 26+

Splendora's running game is good..

Coldspring over Cleveland by -20

Cleveland will not want to get blasted by Coldcity..

Tarkington over liberty 26-20..

This should be a good one.. Anthony Brooks, Chase Evans, and Kenneth Hudnall vs. Josh white, Trevan beatty, Sean Edwards. Watch those players and you should see some good football..

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder