Port Neches-Groves (8-4) vs. Manvel Mavericks (10-2) Predictions?

KFDM COOP

[quote name="Cheermom4" post="916568" timestamp="1290451064"]
I am so ready for this game. 
[/quote]

You and me BOTH!  I teach, so I'm out of school this week...I just want "turkey" day to get here and over with, so we can get to Stallworth! Is that wrong of me slighting the ole turkey?  LOL

Scalp 'em, Indians, Scalp 'em!

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="NDNWarrior" post="916569" timestamp="1290451199"]
[quote author=Cheermom4 link=topic=76440.msg916568#msg916568 date=1290451064]
[/quote]

You and me BOTH!  I teach, so I'm out of school this week...I just want "turkey" day to get here and over with, so we can get to Stallworth! Is that wrong of me slighting the ole turkey?  LOL

[/quote]

Not at all because I said I wanted to just skip Thanksgiving and get on with the ball game already.

[quote name="Cheermom4" post="916572" timestamp="1290451340"]
[quote author=NDNWarrior link=topic=76440.msg916569#msg916569 date=1290451199]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Not at all because I said I wanted to just skip Thanksgiving and get on with the ball game already.
[/quote]

Things to be thankful for this Thanksgiving:

1. The health of my Family and the many blessings that the GOOD LORD has bestowed on us
    2. That my INDIANS continue to roll in the playoffs

[quote name="NDNation" post="916579" timestamp="1290451770"]
[quote author=Cheermom4 link=topic=76440.msg916572#msg916572 date=1290451340]
[quote author=NDNWarrior link=topic=76440.msg916569#msg916569 date=1290451199]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Things to be thankful for this Thanksgiving:

1. The health of my Family and the many blessings that the GOOD LORD has bestowed on us
    2. That my INDIANS continue to roll in the playoffs
[/quote]

+1

and for me there is a # 3. Watching my girls Cheer and Dance one more week. 

[quote name="fatdaddy" post="916600" timestamp="1290453292"]
Manvel is just too solid all around. Athletes everywhere, good coaching and battle tested in district 24-4A. I know match ups often dictate games, but seeing what our 6th place team, Texas City, did to PNG earlier in the year, Manvel is too much.    Manvel 35- PNG 28
[/quote]

That is OK, let everyone keep doubting PNG.  This is the playoffs and anything can happen and has just ask any of the teams there picked to go deep in the playoffs and got knocked out in the first or second round.    Anything can happen on game night.

Good Luck NDNS!!!!

[quote name="Cheermom4" post="916613" timestamp="1290453769"]
[quote author=fatdaddy link=topic=76440.msg916600#msg916600 date=1290453292]
Manvel is just too solid all around. Athletes everywhere, good coaching and battle tested in district 24-4A. I know match ups often dictate games, but seeing what our 6th place team, Texas City, did to PNG earlier in the year, Manvel is too much.    Manvel 35- PNG 28
[/quote]

That is OK, let everyone keep doubting PNG.  This is the playoffs and anything can happen and has just ask any of the teams there picked to go deep in the playoffs and got knocked out in the first or second round.    Anything can happen on game night.

Good Luck NDNS!!!!
[/quote]

Yes mam  You are totally correct...As for me I'm a Homer...I'm from Kirbyville,But I'm pulling for all the Port Arthur & Beaumont teams...In my opinion it all comes back to SE Texas...Good Luck PNG..!!!

[quote name="Kville_Kats" post="916622" timestamp="1290454519"]
[quote author=Cheermom4 link=topic=76440.msg916613#msg916613 date=1290453769]
[quote author=fatdaddy link=topic=76440.msg916600#msg916600 date=1290453292]
[/quote]

Good Luck NDNS!!!!
[/quote]

Yes mam  You are totally correct...As for me I'm a Homer...I'm from Kirbyville,But I'm pulling for all the Port Arthur & Beaumont teams...In my opinion it all comes back to SE Texas...Good Luck PNG..!!!
[/quote]

Thanks,  Kville_Kats  for your support.  That is us also, we support all area teams that make it to the playoffs. 

Also you are not a Homer just cause your from Kirbyville, my husband graduated from Spurger.  ;)  Nothing wrong with small town boys.

In my opinion PNG and Manvel seem to match up better overall than the PNG & Willis game. I don't care what happened when PNG and TC played early in the season. I think that was like our 2nd or 3rd game. Since then alot has changed and players have changed at some positions. Since these changes the Indians have gone undefeated. I think that in itself has alot to say. This will be another hard fought battle and the team that is most prepared and who plays ball without turnovers will win.

[quote name="fatdaddy" post="916600" timestamp="1290453292"]
Manvel is just too solid all around. Athletes everywhere, good coaching and battle tested in district 24-4A. [b]I know match ups often dictate games, but seeing what our 6th place team, Texas City, did to PNG earlier in the year, Manvel is too much.[/b]    Manvel 35- PNG 28
[/quote]
Yep, we lost to TC and the side judge!!! Worst single official I have ever seen. Go back and read the PNG TC threads. TC's game winning FG was aided by two fantom Pass Interference calls with less than 30 seconds in the game.

Central beat the hell outta Livingston and we lost to Livingston by 2. Beat Central by a bunch though. So go figure. Hopefully this will turn out the same.

This will be a very good game. May be another last one standing game.

One thing I know about Coach Brandon Faircloth....the Indians will be "primed" and ready for battle.  I love the fact that so many feel Manvel will win....please, keep thinking that...please.  I see a lot of reference to the TC game...that was in preseason and a LOT has changed at PNG.  These boys are hungry and will take this one. PNG has the BEST coaching staff, athletes, and talent in Texas as far as I'm concerned. PNG wins this one and never looks back!

[b][color=purple]PNG >>=======HONOR===PRIDE===TRADITION===>[/color][/b]

[img]http://usera.ImageCave.com/jogger5079/m222.png.jpg[/img]

[quote name="NDNWarrior" post="916781" timestamp="1290467764"]
One thing I know about Coach Brandon Faircloth....the Indians will be "primed" and ready for battle.  I love the fact that so many feel Manvel will win....please, keep thinking that...please.  I see a lot of reference to the TC game...that was in preseason and a LOT has changed at PNG.  These boys are hungry and will take this one. PNG has the BEST coaching staff, athletes, and talent in Texas as far as I'm concerned. PNG wins this one and never looks back!

[/quote]
Thats all I keep seeing is the reference to the TC game. Hope MANVEL is thinking the same because they are in for a surprise ;D

[quote name="NDNWarrior" post="916781" timestamp="1290467764"]
One thing I know about Coach Brandon Faircloth....the Indians will be "primed" and ready for battle.  I love the fact that so many feel Manvel will win....please, keep thinking that...please. [color=red][b] I see a lot of reference to the TC game...that was in preseason and a LOT has changed at PNG.[/b][/color]  These boys are hungry and will take this one. PNG has the BEST coaching staff, athletes, and talent in Texas as far as I'm concerned. PNG wins this one and never looks back!

[img]http://usera.ImageCave.com/jogger5079/m222.png.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

[color=navy][b]I'm always baffled when I see posts that seem to use this as a defense as to why you may have lost? Do you not honestly believe Manvel or pretty much any other team that's in the playoffs still hasn't vastly improved as well? The officiating excuse is just that...a poor excuse why one's team lost a game. We all have to take our lumps but dont use that as a reason you lost...it makes you look bad as well as a poor sport![/b][/color]

Guest tappedout
I think Chase ought to be able to have a big game this week. When Manvel has played against decent team's, the rb's have fared well. The Lamarque back had over 300 yard's rushing against them. They will also give it up through the air. I have heard from someone who has seen both team's play that we will have our hand's full. He said if our defense can just play close to the way we played against Central then we will be fine. He said that if we pressure the qb's they become very inconsistent throwing the ball. He also said that Manvel will have a tough time stopping our offense but they do have the athlete's to stop us unlike Willis. So I look for another exciting game.

[quote name="xLmCoog88" post="916814" timestamp="1290470601"]
[color=navy][b]I'm always baffled when I see posts that seem to use this as a defense as to why you may have lost? Do you not honestly believe Manvel or pretty much any other team that's in the playoffs still hasn't vastly improved as well? The officiating excuse is just that...a poor excuse why one's team lost a game. We all have to take our lumps but dont use that as a reason you lost...it makes you look bad as well as a poor sport![/b][/color]
[/quote]

I completely understand that Manvel has improved as well as PNG has. I made reference to a "pre-season" game that seems like people are basing their opinion on. You NEVER saw me make reference to the officiating, now did you?  To be in this round of the playoffs, you have to be good.  Before you start make accusations about my post, i.e. the officiating excuse, you need to read more carefully...no comment from me on officiating at all.

[quote name="tappedout" post="916819" timestamp="1290470987"]
I think Chase ought to be able to have a big game this week. When Manvel has played against decent team's, the rb's have fared well. The Lamarque back had over 300 yard's rushing against them. They will also give it up through the air. I have heard from someone who has seen both team's play that we will have our hand's full. He said if our defense can just play close to the way we played against Central then we will be fine. [b]He said that if we pressure the qb's they become very inconsistent throwing the ball.[/b] He also said that Manvel will have a tough time stopping our offense but they do have the athlete's to stop us unlike Willis. So I look for another exciting game.
[/quote]

I've heard the same thing about both qb's.  When they get pressured, they lose their accuracy and it affects them mentally.

[quote name="NDNWarrior" post="916821" timestamp="1290471155"]
[quote author=xLmCoog88 link=topic=76440.msg916814#msg916814 date=1290470601]
[/quote]

I completely understand that Manvel has improved as well as PNG has. I made reference to a "pre-season" game that seems like people are basing their opinion on. You NEVER saw me make reference to the officiating, now did you?  To be in this round of the playoffs, you have to be good.  Before you start make accusations about my post, i.e. the officiating excuse, you need to read more carefully...no comment from me on officiating at all.
[/quote]

[color=navy][b]Lighten up there Sally...my comment in reference to officiating was from a post not too far back on this thread. I don't have to quote every single previous post to comment on it. After all, this is America where I have the right to express my opinion how I choose not how you see fit fella. [/b][/color]

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder