CROS / MONTGOMERY PREDICTIONS

BRONX ROX

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="bigdaddyblue" post="910689" timestamp="1289930849"]
Can someone from Montgomery tell me why Dobbins has no D-1 offers????The kid can play........
[/quote]

reminds me of what happened to Jacquizz Rodgers... I'm not saying they are the same, but it seems his size is the issue.

[quote name="dayton" post="910691" timestamp="1289930968"]
[quote author=bigdaddyblue link=topic=76097.msg910689#msg910689 date=1289930849]
Can someone from Montgomery tell me why Dobbins has no D-1 offers????The kid can play........
[/quote]

reminds me of what happened to Jacquizz Rodgers... I'm not saying they are the same, but it seems his size is the issue.
[/quote]

Has to be....he's really impressive. 

[quote name="jayhawk" post="910386" timestamp="1289882238"]
Tis the season for upsets Goobers take this one ! Crosby reinvents their "D" and Merka hires a P.I. for his receivers to track down a football so they can see what one looks like ! ;)
[/quote]

Heck, if they would jusr run their routs it would be an improvement.  I can attest, Merka can throw the ball deep and on-spot.  He has greatly improved over last season.  He's just got a lot on his shoulders not having much to stand with him.   

On Dobbins I know he has offers from Rice and McNeese State already and probably more- someone else on board might know. Size is probably the issue from big school D-1 because the kid can flat out play and has a great attitude/grades, they are missing out on a winner. Good video their Mark Barnes.

Question asked the coach in an interview.....

Interviewer: Let me throw some stats at you....the last four games, you have outscored our opponents 214 - 34.  That averages out to four 54 - 9 victories.  Over those same games, you are averaging 435 yard of total offense, and giving up just 174 yards to the opposition.  What has to be pleasing to you though is that when you break the yardage down, we are 40% pass and 60% run over that period.  No doubt it would be a lot closer to 50% - 50% if the games had not been blowouts.  Is your goal to be a 50% run / 50% pass team? And my final question...the Crosby game.  Now it will be their turn for revenge, and I am sure that is motivating them.  What are your thoughts on playing this team twice in the same season?  The Bears seemed to have improved greatly since your Game 1 victory over Crosby. I am not sure that they can say the same after finishing the year at 4 - 6.  Despite their victory over Nederland last Friday night, they finished up their regular season with three straight District losses, getting outscored 117 - 58. Any Thoughts?

"There are many different types of offenses you can employ.  Some are weighted heavy toward the run and others toward the pass.  With our offensive scheme, it is very important to be balanced, not so much in the number of runs versus pass, but in run and pass yards.  Every year I have been here, we have run for more yards than we have passed for, but in our most successful years we have struck a pretty good balance.  As you progress in the playoffs, and play better and better teams, they are going to be able to take something away from you.  When they do, you better have something else to turn to. Secondly, it is rare you play the same team twice in one season and especially three times in 12 months. However, I don’t think it makes that big of a difference.  When we beat Crosby earlier this year, they still had at least nine more games to play.  When they beat us last year we turned in our equipment.  I think the incentive is large on both sides.  Don’t be fooled by their record either.  They lost to some very good teams, four of whom are still in the playoffs.  We on the other hand only have one team that we beat that is still alive...Crosby!  They are a very talented team and it should prove to be an outstanding game."     Coach John Bolfing

[quote name="BRONX ROX" post="914883" timestamp="1290302962"]
Most the posters on here were just pulling for CROS and didnt think they had a chance. ;) Anyway good year cougs and congrats bears. Good luck MONT. You know you got BRENFAN pullin for ya ;) ;D :D
[/quote]

You got that right...  Go Montgomery!  Bring home some hardware, for 17-4A!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder